ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

You were on such a high last night! The car looked so perfectly purposeful even though it was just sitting on a driveway

Sightly envious of Porkie's house, I wish I had of looked been abit more nosey but I was just fed up after driving through the traffic to get there ha.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You were on such a high last night! The car looked so perfectly purposeful even though it was just sitting on a driveway

Sightly envious of Porkie's house, I wish I had of looked been abit more nosey but I was just fed up after driving through the traffic to get there ha.

The garage is epic, its nicer than a lot of people's living rooms, lol.

If Carlsberg made track days....

Did look like an awesome day mate. Some lovely motors there. Bet it was good fun being the under dog and actually over taking a few cars!

Would have come down to watch if work wasn't so s**t at the moment!

You just had a relatively basic engine in with a gripper diff, or did I understand it all wrong?
Yes mate was epic!

Yes 421 engine making 209bhp so nothing mental and std box with gripper diff, std CW&P and shorter fifth. The chassis is in a great place at last and really going well. I was on 18 month old very worn tyres but still tons of grip and could really push on. Videos to follow on Monday :)

Haha yes Dan was just so chuffed to have a good day out in the car!

Lol yes I find myself looking at it the same sometimes bit odd for a 10 year old Clio but I like it :)

Thanks again for bringing the engine over much appreciated and yes its an epic place I'm very lucky to spend lots of time there tinkering :)

Clio
Just had a quick google, the fastest lap ever in a btcc race at brands was a 1:31.2,
so i would imagine a 1:45 is pretty decent!

Yes mate I just had a look at TSL and was looking at the TSL times in comparison to the Clio cup are better than at Donington for example which is good to say I didn’t have the dog box in and also on 18 month old shonky tyres :)

Got a phone call from gripper to say the dog box is ready so collecting that tomorrow :) Getting all the bits in place for the 423 engine build so that should start in the next few weeks! Just need to order the 7 1/4” clutch for the lightweight flywheel.

Over the next week i’m going to be converting the car to road legal spec for the drive over to Le Mans in a few weeks time :) Dampers are getting swapped to new cup shocks and cooksport springs. A few alterations to get number plates on and number plate lights.

Lotus Elise
Got a phone call from gripper to say the dog box is ready so collecting that tomorrow :) Getting all the bits in place for the 423 engine build so that should start in the next few weeks! Just need to order the 7 1/4” clutch for the lightweight flywheel.

Over the next week i’m going to be converting the car to road legal spec for the drive over to Le Mans in a few weeks time :) Dampers are getting swapped to new cup shocks and cooksport springs. A few alterations to get number plates on and number plate lights.

Poor effort ours is going with the proflex ;)

So pretty much 3 years to the day since I bought the car as a standard road car! Crazy how time has flown and how much my life has changed in the process!
97cef874.jpg

Then the other day it was back on road suspension, number plates back on and an MOT time again!
IMG_2821_zps430b0214.jpg

Ready for the drive to Le Mans in a few weeks and then its going straight back on the AST’s, Dogbox and new engine if I get it built in time :) Got a few other nice bits aswell i’ve been collecting in the meantime!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Good stuff.

I got mine running on saturday, got to give paul a call and see when he can get me in.

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
James, what campsite you staying at in Le Mans? Good effort taking the race car down!

James, what campsite you staying at in Le Mans? Good effort taking the race car down!
Good question haha i’ve had no hand in the organisation but Houx Annex rings a bell :) Lol its going to be a noisy trip just got back from driving to Snetterton and back in it this evening and i’m now deaf!

Clio sport cup
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

James thanks for the kind words! Really pleased you are happy with the car, you have been the driving force between how it turned out with very specific requests for components, locations etc. Everyone that has seen it has been bowled over by it and it's so hard to put across on a forum via a few pics quite how serious it is. It really does look hard as nails and has the performance and engineering to back that up!

The switch box is definately my favourite part of it, plus the fact that we made it adjustable so as the seat moves the switchbox can.

One more shot of switch box with finished gear selector assembly:
photo-2.jpg

Can I ask where you got your switch box from??

Im still keeping an eye on this project, superb as anyways. On a side note.....for anyone interested in switch boxes, and labeling for race cars, we can laser cut / engrave front panels from acrylics, woods etc , & thermark steels & metals (in black, durable not paint). I/We can create the drawings or work from DXF's / Autocad or AI files.....

Thermarking looks the muts knuts as you have it in the smallest text you can think of, and it will still be crystal clear due to the resolution of the laser machine.

http://www.thermark.com/

Updates please

Nothing to really update on I'm afraid Andrew!

Been really busy lately so after taking the other engine and box out of mine ready to build the new one just haven't had time to build it. I've got all the bits for it just need to get the machining work done and assemble it.

I'm in 2 minds whether to just wait till winter to build the engine as there are a couple of races in August I fancy doing so might just put the other engine and box back in.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'm in 2 minds whether to just wait till winter to build the engine as there are a couple of races in August I fancy doing so might just put the other engine and box back in.
Ooh ooh!! If you do that you could bring it round to mine and we could build mine and yours up at the same time!! Like 2 little homosexuals!! Pmsl!! No kissing though. The dog will get jealous. (As in the spaniel! Lol)

What races you thinking of doing as well? I'm available for general verbal abuse if you need moral support!!:lolup:

Nothing to really update on I'm afraid Andrew!

Been really busy lately so after taking the other engine and box out of mine ready to build the new one just haven't had time to build it. I've got all the bits for it just need to get the machining work done and assemble

just can't wait at to see what this new engine will do

Ended up putting the Clio back together late last week in a desperate rush to get it done for this weekend. Managed it after lots of late nights and chose to take it to the Ring and Spa as the forecast looked poo and the Clio is good in the wet :)

We hired some swifts for the Ring today and they were awesome (video to follow) then this evening we headed over to Spa for trackday tomorrow :)

Great to be back here!

2y2a5e5e.jpg

u6abunan.jpg

ruma8e4a.jpg

e3u5u8ug.jpg

6atarybu.jpg

e6e3u8an.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Loving the new tow vehicle James, looks alot more suited.

The Turbo 2 looks epic. :approve:

Was at Spa today and it started off horribly wet but dried out really nicely so bolted some new tyres on and the car was just amazing yet again :) so happy with it at the moment!

Dogbox worked faultlessly albeit slightly shorted geared than I remember but I can look at that on the data.

Will get the videos up ASAP as I think they should make for good viewing :)

Great to be back and was an epic little holiday! Massive thanks to Porkie for organising it and taking us over :)

9u7era6u.jpg

u8eqe6e2.jpg

evyhuny4.jpg

Home sweet home!
a9uhanyz.jpg

Nice pics. Can't wait to see some footage :)

That Veyron taking two spaces. Nice plate on it too.
Thanks Martin I'm just about to have a look at it myself :)
Loving the new tow vehicle James, looks alot more suited.

The Turbo 2 looks epic. :approve:
Thanks mate yes it's been an epic wagon actually and like it much more than I thought I would. It tows a dream :)