ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

clio cup
Usually I light the fuse and run but I'll be hanging around for this one!

In my opinion the regs should be re written to state that one off alloy hubs are prohibited,,, However, The price of having a hub made would out weigh the will to win!

Clio 182 Race Car
Usually I light the fuse and run but I'll be hanging around for this one!

In my opinion the regs should be re written to state that one off alloy hubs are prohibited,,, However, The price of having a hub made would out weigh the will to win!
No it wouldn't - not in my book!

clio cup
Need to clarify this - my car has a logbook and is legit.

Ok, If we are clarifying things then I should too as it sounds as if I'm against hub mods, Which I'm not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I joined this series because of the Club feel and the freedom to build your car as you wish, Running in stockhatch years ago was a ball ache due to restrictions,

I wanted to make James aware of the regs that have been "proposed" so that we could push Steve V to amend them to allow hub mods, Seems a bit silly to allow spherical bearings and rose joints only to restrict other parts that compliment said components.

My car does have a logbook, lol

I remember years ago in the MGF series a competitor was well known for racing nicked cars, anyone remember?

Clio 182 Race Car
Ok, If we are clarifying things then I should too as it sounds as if I'm against hub mods, Which I'm not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I joined this series because of the Club feel and the freedom to build your car as you wish, Running in stockhatch years ago was a ball ache due to restrictions,

I wanted to make James aware of the regs that have been "proposed" so that we could push Steve V to amend them to allow hub mods, Seems a bit silly to allow spherical bearings and rose joints only to restrict other parts that compliment said components.

My car does have a logbook, lol

I remember years ago in the MGF series a competitor was well known for racing nicked cars, anyone remember?
Joking aside, I think that Steve puts a set of regs together to satisfy the MSA. We all want to make the FT (or whatever it's going to be called) a success. We always work within the regs - and more to point In the spirit of them. Anyone who knows me, knows that they can ask me anything about my car and they will get an honest answer, they can jack it up and have a look underneath. Please remember we have spent 6 years developing this car and I have been building race cars (as a hobby) for over 30 years.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
However, The price of having a hub made would out weigh the will to win!

When do you want them for? It's pushing it to get them done for you so you can test them at oulton, but the following race shouldn't be an issue. And contrary to popular belief, it wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg either. Serious as well. We can get them done.

That puts things in a pickle doesn't it. Lol

clio cup
When do you want them for? It's pushing it to get them done for you so you can test them at oulton, but the following race shouldn't be an issue. And contrary to popular belief, it wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg either. Serious as well. We can get them done.

That puts things in a pickle doesn't it. Lol

Send me the invoice, lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks Ben :) yes certainly is just waiting until we have done more testing and have some real data to back them up with before going any further. It has been designed for me and Mark to use on our own cars but it seems quite a lot of people are interested so I don't see why we can't get more sets made :)

There you go Len!

file_zpsc58d98dc.jpg

My eye's obviously aren't very good tracking gauges! I got the camber near enough even both sides but the toe was a little out ;) All sorted now though with quite a different setup to normal to try and overcome some of the tyre issues i've been having so see how that goes. Need more caster!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Could you not have built more caster into the adaptors on the wishbone, or are you out of room to move forward at the bottom so need to go back at the top?

As Ed says. But looking at tin top rules it's VERY vague anyway
It says you have to keep the original pick up points, but you can fit adjustable parts.
If the existing top mount holes where kept then you could say that's the original pick up points. Then oval the hole out and fit an adjustable mount to allow more caster. Arguably would be fine

Cup In bits
Clio turrets are smaller Phil, you essentially need to do what Kenny has and rebuild them all together or your ride height will be about 2" higher.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Clio turrets are smaller Phil, you essentially need to do what Kenny has and rebuild them all together or your ride height will be about 2" higher.

Yeah the lack of space in the turret isnt good, although top of a coilover is smaller than of a normal shock so there must be "some" room for movement?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I'll take them off if you want, put standard ones on and see you at Mallory - For "Pinks"- bring another car to go home in!

.? LoL funny enough I have a car that would suit this championship.........Mallory lap times weren't that impressive to be honest 2 secs a lap quicker is about right for a good clio.

.? LoL funny enough I have a car that would suit this championship.........Mallory lap times weren't that impressive to be honest 2 secs a lap quicker is about right for a good clio.

Drop Steve Vince an email at Track Attack Racing I'm sure he will welcome the late entry for Oulton and it will be good to have another Clio out. See you Saturday and we'll all look forward to a master class!

Clio 182 Race Car
Funnily enough, I agree with you about the lap times - a no-expense spared, well developed Clio with a good experienced driver, should be looking at low 52's all day long.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Funnily enough, I agree with you about the lap times - a no-expense spared, well developed Clio with a good experienced driver, should be looking at low 52's all day long.

Thanks i wasnt saying it for effect it just true is you compare time from other race series in 2ltr class tin tops.

Prob will have a car ready for next year as the Rally car is the focus currently.

Yes Stu that is similar to what I had planned to do to it last winter but never got round to it. Pure Motorsport are making a kit as we speak to weld on which will give adjustable topmounts and also some other nice trick features :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Thanks i wasnt saying it for effect it just true is you compare time from other race series in 2ltr class tin tops.

Prob will have a car ready for next year as the Rally car is the focus currently.

BMW compact cup cars are way slower, for eg.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
Yes Stu that is similar to what I had planned to do to it last winter but never got round to it. Pure Motorsport are making a kit as we speak to weld on which will give adjustable topmounts and also some other nice trick features :)
We've got all the laser/waterjet cutting done on your prototype kit James so hopefully won't be too long before its' all ready.