ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I normally go across the M62 and then down the M18 a bit I think it is aiming to get there for around 7.30 I think what about you mate?

Sign on finishes at 8:30 so im planning to get there at 8:29 to maximise time spent lieing in first, lol.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
It's my fave track now too :)
Crap pic
20131103_113454_zpsf13e9da4.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice one James, have fun at Cadwell, its my fav UK track

Only done one day there but can imagine the more you go the more you like the place, quite a challenging and interesting circuit, lower average speed there than most uk tracks I would think from a combination of the twisty stuff and the hills so not badly suited to our cars :)

I can see why people liken it to the ring.

Had an epic day :) Car ran faultlessly all day! All I did was swap tyres once and other than that didn't touch it! Took a hard pounding all day and its all ready to go again on Thursday at Croft!

Never driven Cadwell before but managed to get upto speed okay in the first session. Just a really fun day and the car had epic pace once again which is good to say I had a passenger most of the day and also only on a trackday so not doing anything silly!

I LOVE this car :)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I love Cadwell car didn't though broken something everytime so far!

Gearbox side engine mount over the crest on moutain was a pain!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Now that's good to hear. :)

Agreed, its so much fun just watching James be near his car, its like a kid playing with his favourite toy on xmas day, but without the getting bored of it on boxing day afterwards.
Well deserved after all the time and money he has put into it!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Amen to that, Chip. I hope I can get along to a few trackdays next year and that James will also be there. I would love a passenger ride. :D

Be prepared to get out of the car realising you dont have a huge amount of natural talent, thats what always happens to me.
Im "ok" on track due to loads of practice and developing a good feel for the grip a car has at each end etc, but everytime I go out with James Im reminded that having natural talent in the first place trumps being average and then having a lot of practice to try and get better.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Be prepared to get out of the car realising you dont have a huge amount of natural talent, thats what always happens to me.
Im "ok" on track due to loads of practice and developing a good feel for the grip a car has at each end etc, but everytime I go out with James Im reminded that having natural talent in the first place trumps being average and then having a lot of practice to try and get better.

This ^^^

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Oh don't worry mate, I'm under no illusions! LOL! Having had a few laps with Owy (Paul O'Neil) a few years back I know how 'average' I am! :rofl: I just appreciate a good build, a good story and the effort, blood, sweat and tears that have gone into this. Plus I enjoy experiencing other cars and picking up a few tips from better drivers where possible.

Thanks everyone it was a really fun day and just really loving driving the car at the moment

Out of interest did you try some new pads out James and what were they?
russ
Hi Russ, in the end I ran the new brake ducts along with the shallow style alcon pad in EBC Yellow stuff. They worked very well and only slightly started going off into Mansfield on one lap so pretty happy but they don't really stop the car quickly when I look at the data compared to the PF's. I also have a set of deep section Yellow and Blue so am planning on running the Blues on Thursday at Croft. The brake ducts made a noticeable difference as normally in the dry I struggle with more than 4 or 5 laps on the yellows
so an engine thrown together in 4hrs is working fine, nice
I expected nothing less :)
I hope I can get along to a few trackdays next year and that James will also be there. I would love a passenger ride. :D
Of course mate you are always welcome :) take it for a spin if you want!

I was chatting to the company that make the Alcon brake kit for the Clio's the other day (the one's TDF used to advertise at well over 2k+vat)

They were telling me they are having a push on selling them at the moment and have brought the price down for the kit to around £1500 inc vat this include the Alcon callipers, brackets, disc assembly inc rotor and bells along with bolt kit, braided hoses and pads. Its a cracking bit of kit on my car really love them, they fit under the 15" rims.

Just thought i'd let you all know as I know a few people have mentioned they'd love the brakes but they are too expensive so here's the solution. Great value for money IMO compared to the Willwoods with uprated disc's.

I hope this is okay with the moderators if not please feel free to remove it. I'm making no money from it and also the company selling them didn't ask me to do this so just trying to help people out :)

If anyone's interested please let me know and i'll put you in touch with them!

All sorts
Thanks everyone it was a really fun day and just really loving driving the car at the moment

Hi Russ, in the end I ran the new brake ducts along with the shallow style alcon pad in EBC Yellow stuff. They worked very well and only slightly started going off into Mansfield on one lap so pretty happy but they don't really stop the car quickly when I look at the data compared to the PF's. I also have a set of deep section Yellow and Blue so am planning on running the Blues on Thursday at Croft. The brake ducts made a noticeable difference as normally in the dry I struggle with more than 4 or 5 laps on the yellows

Glad the Brake Ducts helped out and worked as they should matey, even with your large discs to see an improvement is a bonus.

Hope the weather holds out this week and all being well I'll take you up on your offer on Thursday.

I don't think I'll have enough money left in my piggy bank. :( LOL!
Dohhhh :(
Glad the Brake Ducts helped out and worked as they should matey, even with your large discs to see an improvement is a bonus.

Hope the weather holds out this week and all being well I'll take you up on your offer on Thursday.
Yes thank you again for doing them in such a quick time :)

Great stuff look forward to seeing you there!
Is there a link or any more details on the kit James? Something to put on my wish list LOL
Not a link as such but I will PM you the details of who to speak to :)
Thanks Mart, James id be interested please.
if you don't mind forwarding me the contact details, or if I need to go via you then that's fine.

cheers
No worries buddy, not at all mate i'll drop you a pm with the details :)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I'm playing catch up chip, I'm reading through a few bits as we speak.
if it's what I think you are referring to, it could be a handy investment ;)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Cheers Chip, it is what I was thinking.
all I need now is some AST's (nudge nudge, wink wink)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
ive responded Chip.

go and add some input to my question, im sure you would have a technical response that I can understand.