ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Break or hold out for a sale?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Trying to sell my 182 to fund something else (scooby/m3/vx220), however its been up for sale for a couple of weeks now and not really had a sniff. It's priced to sell in my view but I think the high miles are putting people off!

At the moment it sits in my garage costing me money on insurance and tax etc so am considering breaking it. What would you do? Be patient and hold out for a sale or SORN/break it and get some cash flowing back in?

Other benifit of breaking means a few goodies for the DCI but that is just a side thought!

Tom

Audi A3
wait for a sale. going to be harder over christmas id imagine tooby

the time youve broke it, sold everything, gone threw the hassle, id say thatd take a couple of weeks and in that time it might sell and how much easier would that be

Discounted 1*2 parts
Yea I know its not a perfect time to be selling a car but thought I may have had some interest!

Don't want to be dropping too much if any on the marked price as I know its worth that in parts, even if it means a little bit of hassle!

You must already know what it's like with PM's.

'Have you got?' 'How much?' 'How much is postage?' 'I'll pay next week'

and then you go through the same questions again. It's 10x worse when breaking a car.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I have the clocks and service history for a 182 with 56k miles if thats any help lol ....

On a more serious note, it will sell easily enough at that price, just maybe not at xmas !!

Discounted 1*2 parts
I wouldn't say it's over-priced.

Breaking it's a hassle. Stick it up at again at £1995 and get rid of it.

Just want to make back what I paid for it really so wouldn't want to drop as low as £2k ideally!

You must already know what it's like with PM's.

'Have you got?' 'How much?' 'How much is postage?' 'I'll pay next week'

and then you go through the same questions again. It's 10x worse when breaking a car.

Hmmm, I know that hassle because of the last 172 I broke but at least it was done quickly and out of my way!

I have the clocks and service history for a 182 with 56k miles if thats any help lol ....

On a more serious note, it will sell easily enough at that price, just maybe not at xmas !!

Cheers, will be a bit more patient into the new year!

mmmm clocks..........lol

172 cup
I think its priced fine,certainly not over the top.The miles shouldn't be too much of an issue for most as its been looked after by the looks of things.Only thing I can think that would put people off is the timing belt will want doing within the next 11 months.Because there is a lot of s**t cars out there bringing prices down people seem to expect to pay penuts for a good one and they also seem to expect that the belts were changed 2 weeks ago.

Cheers Ross.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
FLOL. Hero.

How'd you think the Trophy is ever getting sold?

getmecoat.gif

350z, Subaru Legacy
2 weeks! LOL people are so impatient!

I've had quite highly priced cars up for sale for a couple or few months before. They always sell.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Where else is it apart from CS ? I'm hoping it's on AT and PH at least, as most people on here own/used to own a Clio already... eBay classifieds are a good shout. Even Gumtree if you can bring yourself to do it.

E36 M3. 182
Id say its bang on price-wise. I paid 2k for mine on 135k miles and a few minor cosmetic issues with next to no service history and a rattly de-phaser. Id be asking 2.5 and be prepared to be knocked down to 2.2/2.3 (make the buyer feel good about getting money off), as its in v.good nick with decent service history and proof of cambelt being done...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
At the end of the day it's a choice of either waiting for the right buyer, which could take a while... took me 3 years to sell my CRX!

Or, the price is too high.

Depends how quickly you want rid really!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Decided I'm going to keep it for a while, can't afford the new car I want just yet, missus wants central heating installed!!