ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - 220bhp lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Evo 8 Jap Crap
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....719952978&category=9861&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Please tell me this joker is someone off here?

lols

hi what cams does the carr have because theres no mention of them but your claiming 220bhp you wont get that without cams.

Can you show me a copy of the rr printout you have mate?

Cheers

replied

Hi Rob, apologies going all scientifical but ive had so many people say this that ive got a standard response! :)

The claim is true, but if you read the ad again it says that the car is currently running 175bhp at wheels, 215-220bhp at the flywheel but can only quote this as the RR was done a while ago.

(see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GAneQPJNU)listen at about 4:53 on the video, 195bhp is quoted.

I have got rolling road print outs if needed showing this at 195bhp at flywheel before it had another remap. (its had 2)

Most rolling roads work out flywheel bhp, not wheels (see below - example)

Imagine we take a car with a true 200 flywheel bhp engine to each of the various types of dyno. Assuming accurate dynos which is by no means always the case and calibration standards can vary then we would expect to see the following results.

Example - FWD

Engine dyno - 200 bhp
Hub Dyno - 200 x 0.93 = 186 bhp
Wheel dyno - (200 x 0.9) - 10 = 170 bhp

Clio

Engine dyno - 210bhp
Hub Dyno - 220 x 0.93 = 195.3bhp
Wheel dyno - (220 x 0.9) - 10 = 179 bhp

Hope that explains it.

Cheers
Jamie

i sent

If you think your clios over 200bhp then tell you what

If we go to a dyno and it makes over 200bhp i will give you 4k for the car

If its less than 200 i will give you 1200

Deal?

:cool:

he replied

Mate you Dont seem to understand. Ive told you already and shown you how the rolling road actually works it out.

The BHP quoted on the advert is at the Flywheel. NOT AT THE WHEELS! The wheels its 175-180bhp NOT OVER 200!

I'm not quoting that its over 200bhp at the wheels its over 200bhp at the flywheel. There is a MASSIVE difference.

The only way to get a clio over 200bhp is a turbo, I accept this.

Thanks

i sent :cool:

No your not listening your a joker you will not get over 200bhp at the flywheel on a clio 172 without cams.

Why you think your car is a laughing stock on cliosport.net theres a whole thread about last time you tried to sell it lolssssssss

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Einstein said:
Imagine we take a car with a true 200 flywheel bhp engine to each of the various types of dyno. Assuming accurate dynos which is by no means always the case and calibration standards can vary then we would expect to see the following results.

Example - FWD

Engine dyno - 200 bhp
Hub Dyno - 200 x 0.93 = 186 bhp
Wheel dyno - (200 x 0.9) - 10 = 170 bhp

Clio

Engine dyno - 210bhp
Hub Dyno - 220 x 0.93 = 195.3bhp
Wheel dyno - (220 x 0.9) - 10 = 179 bhp

Hope that explains it.

:dead: yeah .. that explains it.

I'm off to give my Engineering Degree back then call this guy as he has explained more about how engines and dynos work here than 3 years at Uni did to me.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
performance french car magazine say its 220bhp so it MUST be true

the reason i never bought a copy again

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Wrote better than some of the add's out there, shame about the BHP claims - I think with a more realistic figures and a £200 price drop it would sell well.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  172 phase 1
saw this last time it was on ebay and i thought it was a bit of a high claim for power looking at mods,

i looked at the RR printouts and from what i could work out he is reading fwhp as whp and adding extra 30/40bhp onto an already estimated power, hence why he thinks its so high,

imo anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.