ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Mk1

Had my exhaust done today, car is sounding like a monster.

Had the following mod's done so far...
(Car was originally running at 166bhp)

Inlet Manifold work @ GDI
De-cat (silenced)
SMT6 Ecu @ GDI

Here's the results... (rr-1.jpg)

Max Power: 182bhp
Max Torque: 173 lb.ft

That was with the stock IK and stock exhaust.

I have since replaced the IK with a Viper (viper.jpg) and had a Power Flow (silenced) stainless steel de-cat back exhaust. I've still got to take off the original air feed's, just not had time. The exhaust is still loud even though everything is meant to be silenced. Sounds good though. Pictures are poor quality of exhaust as was took on mobile and not digi camera.

My billet cam's are on order with GDI and are currently being made. I will hopefully be having those fitted within the next couple of weeks then I'm back off to Cambridge to see Andy and have it remapped.

My FK Silver Line X's (stainless steel) coilovers are also on order with 2modified and should be expecting those within a week. Will fit these at college and upload more pic's.

Apologies for the car looking so dirty.

Attachments

• rr-1.JPG
    rr-1.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 61
  • viper.JPG
    viper.JPG
    394.9 KB · Views: 64
  • RIMG0345.JPG
    RIMG0345.JPG
    389.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture(13).jpg
    Picture(13).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture(14).jpg
    Picture(14).jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 74
This is without the hill-power bend on, anyone prefer the stock black one?

Attachments

• RIMG0343.JPG
    RIMG0343.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 39
About £850-900. Not sure to be exact. Cam's are costing the most but should see a big improvement.

I do recommend visiting GDI/AWT if you have not already done this or are thinking about having that kind of work done. Their service is second to none. They drove me and a friend into Cambridge in their badass 182 whilst the work was being carried out which isn't something any performance garage would do. Didn't get the pleasure of meeting Ben because he was on holiday but Andy is a top class guy. Very helpful and genuine. I'm sure this has probably all been said before...

Looks awesome mate

Have you still got the two air feeds to what was the original box?

As you've got a 100mm feed to the viper, i used to put both of the standard feeds in to the 1 viper feed, if that makes sense.

yeah you have.

if you take the plastic ends off, you can get the original feeds into the viper feed, direct air flow then mate.

To ge tthe plastic bits off, you need to look for, what can only be described as staples, you'll need to prise them out with pliers.

CHRIS172CUP said:
Nice descreet exhaust, shame no better pics!

I'll take some better pictures of the exhaust when I clean the car as it's dirtier than your mother at the moment! :eek: Joking, obviously...

It's not very big and looks pretty standard if you came behind me not knowing clio sports hide the exhaust under the bumper, if that makes sense. Sounds beef though. When in 2nd and 3rd I get a nice sound from the induction kit and exhaust. Kinda reminds me of an Impreza :eek: !

I need a 182 exhaust trim to neaten up the bumper, otherwise i'm gonna have to take it off and do it properly at college which is a pain in the arse. Anyone got a spare 182 exhaust trim or willing to pinch one off a 182 they know near them...?

I don't see it on ebay, renault want £16 for one trim + vat. Bit of a rip off for a small piece of shaped plastic.