ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk3
Hey there, new to this forum!
All i can say to start off with is that I own a Clio Mk3 facelift but its not an RS.
If this offends you then leave, but if you want to see a project that will go somewhere for us who can not afford the RS price then this project is for you!

Mods are:
AP Coilovers 40-70mm
De wipered
Clio Rs Cup spoiler
Stuke Winglets
Leon Cupra Splitter
Blue painted brake callipers

Mods to come:
3SDM 0.06 alloys or Any other alloy with a lip
Wrap the back in Matte Turqoise
Air ride V2 in near future
Front bumper smoothed
Flip up plate
USDM front lights

Car as it Currently stands:
IMG_2804.JPG

Last edited:
  Clio Mk3
So I picked up my Clio on February of this year 2016 and straight away fell in love with it. Not powerful as it is only the 1.2 16v but speed was not my approach! Low and Slow is my game

This is it when I first picked it up:
thumbnail_IMG_1500.jpg

Clio Mk3
After a month of having the car I decided that i wanted it to handle a lot better than it did, so I started looking towards the lowering springs
options but I spoke to my friends and they persuaded me within seconds to get coilovers so I did.
I read some reviews on which coilovers to get and most people that I spoke to are running AP so I went on to eBay that night and purchased a set for £455!
These are the coilovers here when they first arrived:
IMG_2060.JPG

Clio Mk3
A week went by, my excitement rose as on the next weekend I was putting them on! i really wanted to slam my Clio as they look sick on the floor.
This is it when the day I lowered it! (excuse how dirty it is):
IMG_2068.JPG
IMG_2069.JPG
IMG_2070.JPG

Clio Mk3
I was really happy with it being slammed! But the more I looked at it, it didn't look right. It was still sitting far to high at the back even with the adjusters out so I'm still trying to figure out a way to get it lower!
After its first wash being lowered!
But as soon as I entered the farm it was filthy
IMG_2080.JPG
IMG_2086.JPG

Clio Mk3
I really wanted a rear window sticker for some reason, somehow it appealed to me so much, so i shopped around and decided i wanted an ILOVEBASS one so i did that and bought an oil effect and fitted it!
IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2109.JPG
IMG_2110.JPG

Clio Mk3
Me and my friend decided that it would
IMG_2089.JPG
be a good idea to go along a forrest road to get some decent pictures at the finish next to a lake, by the time we manouvered around every rock, stick and stone on the ground we reached it and it was too dark!! But this is us at the finish!

Clio Mk3
A few weeks went by, didnt really do anything with the car, just had my head down working to earn some cash to get some more mods for it! One night I decided to take it to a castle to get a good shot infront of it! Worked out really well for crap lighting and not the best camera in the world.
IMG_2327.JPG

Clio Mk3
After those few weeks i purchased the Clio RS spoiler, genuine one at that for £250. This is it painted and fitted at 11 at night! First Picture i got of the spoiler was at Scottish Car Show at Ingleston in Edinburgh
IMG_2544.JPG
IMG_2735.JPG

Clio Mk3
I started to play around with photoshop and these were the four i came down to which i would like. Im not the best at photoshop but i gave it a try!
3sdm whistlers.jpg
3sdm.jpg
Clio BBS Rs.jpg
Clio Grids.jpg

Clio Mk3
I removed the big ILOVEBASS sticker and dewipered at the same time! I added a smaller arched sticker to fit round the dewiper bung and it looks alot better at the back now
IMG_2583.JPG
IMG_2799.JPG

Clio 197
How long before we see 197s being "modded" like this? But seriously the car looks good OP. I'd raise the front a bit and get some spacers. Nothing better than a low car with a wide stance.

Clio Mk3
How long before we see 197s being "modded" like this? But seriously the car looks good OP. I'd raise the front a bit and get some spacers. Nothing better than a low car with a wide stance.
What do you mean "modded"? My car isn't a RS so it's different all together, I'm lowering the back more and putting alloys on it first then ill go from there with the spacers

Nice to see another mark 3 on the forums, I've got a cup spoiler coming, just waiting for it to turn up! And the photoshop with the Rotas look the best

Clio Mk3
My Cupra splitter and Winglets have arrived! Along with a 2" Stainless steel exhaust pipe to delete the back box with!
image.jpeg

I had a set of AP's on my old Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S, I know what you mean about the cost, I paid like £450 ish for mine too and the whole car only cost me £750 😂 .......... I thought they were really good tho especially on track which is mainly what I wanted the car for at the time

Clio Mk3
I had a set of AP's on my old Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S, I know what you mean about the cost, I paid like £450 ish for mine too and the whole car only cost me £750 😂 .......... I thought they were really good tho especially on track which is mainly what I wanted the car for at the time
They are fantastic but have to be set up properly and mine are from that! Still handles amazing but needs good tyres to keep it on thr road

interesting project. Liked the 3rd pic alloy options. Don't know what they are as I'm not a wheel spotter! Do what you want to it, its your car/cash/time. Bit of stance would improve the rear angle as the clios have wide ass'..

Clio Mk3
interesting project. Liked the 3rd pic alloy options. Don't know what they are as I'm not a wheel spotter! Do what you want to it, its your car/cash/time. Bit of stance would improve the rear angle as the clios have wide ass'..
I don't know how to get the rear any lower! The adjusters are out o the springs aha