ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
:approve: nuff said!

Was a great catch up in the pub, and looked mean as anything in the rear view.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Like I said via text mate, good stuff :)

Regarding 4 pots: My compbrake B4 4 pots ( separate bells, rotors) set was/ is excellent very light, great power and pedal feel :) I just got fed up with spending £115 for each disc :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
How the heck am I going to chase you down now?! :)

Nice one mate, I was rather excited when you mentioned you were going to supercharge it. Is it ready yet? How patient are you? :p

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice Ollie!

Im considering a supercharger but my only concern with the Rotrex is the lifespan of the charger.

I'll be fitting my Brembos in the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know how they compare. I'll also be making some alloy bells and rotors.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
You've been banging on about this for ages now. I had to come and have a look when I seen the thread title had changed.

Really will be the perfect clio when it's charged :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Very nice Ollie!

Im considering a supercharger but my only concern with the Rotrex is the lifespan of the charger.

I'll be fitting my Brembos in the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know how they compare. I'll also be making some alloy bells and rotors.
Lifespan is an issue. When ollie first spoke to me about a charger a couple of years ago my advice was do it if you are happy to budget for a yearly charger replacement if doing a lot of miles. Then any year you don't need one is a bonus.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Lifespan is an issue. When ollie first spoke to me about a charger a couple of years ago my advice was do it if you are happy to budget for a yearly charger replacement if doing a lot of miles. Then any year you don't need one is a bonus.

They really have that many problems with longevity? What are the other options?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Just spotted the title change! Nice one mate can't wait to see how you get on then can try and make my mind up on supercharger or turbo

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They really have that many problems with longevity? What are the other options?

Supercharger wise there arent really a lot of other option, things like the Eton (like on a merc or a mini) are uber reliable but wont really fit in the bay very easily and dont suit the CR of the engine either.

IMHO turbo is the better option, and all the manufacturers tend to agree on that pretty broadly, hence so few supercharged cars out there.

I do like how SC cars drive though, although with the right mapping a turbo can respond in a not too dissimilar way.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Good to see you've finally gone for it :D

Is that a stock OE ECU I see in the photo?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator