ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer project finally finished

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Re: clio cup race car project!

glass matey, gona give it a year or so then think bout getting plastic windows and fibreglass panels

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

quick addition to the car this afternoon

DSC00724.jpg

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

i made sure i got the internal ones so that not to interupt the aerodynamics of the car

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

right didnt do too much today but got a little update. id remembered id got a pair of rebuild kits for the front calipers. so i set about taking them apart

DSC00726.jpg

and oafter a bit of wire wheeling they looked like this

DSC00727.jpg

i had some paint left over so gave them a quick coat

DSC00728.jpg

so i set about rebuilding them

DSC00729.jpg

i wire wheeled the sliders put new grease and boots on

DSC00730.jpg

cleaned up the pistons and put new grease on and slid them back into the caliper

DSC00731.jpg

and the finished article

DSC00732.jpg

i also got some brake lines made up by Matt and Think Automotive 02085681172
he did an awesome job, really good quality.

DSC00733.jpg

thats all for now more next week

172 Race Car

they full length flexable brake lines? to run inside the car?

Are these a copy of the bits you took off or have you measured etc?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

yea they are full length flexable hoses to run through the car with a bias controller inline. when i got the car there were no brake lines at all so ive measured the required length and had them made up to that length.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

haha yea after i remember how i used to do them it was fine

yea they are full length flexable hoses to run through the car with a bias controller inline. when i got the car there were no brake lines at all so ive measured the required length and had them made up to that length.

I always prefer as much solid line as possible due to improved feel over lots of braided. Braided is much tougher than rubber brake hose but still has some give and over a long enough run its sufficent to feel.

The original Noble M12's were braided throughout the entire brake system and we got very good results in terms of brake feel by changing the vast majority of it for old school copper.

Cheers
M

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

didnt do much today as was working but realised i had a power steering leak.
found out that there is a big crack at the top where the pipes connect so that means a i need a new steering rack hopefully supplied by the team i do some work for.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

im pretty sure its just a standard 17/82 lhd rack someone correct me if im wrong though

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oooooooo i'm so jelous. Look like a great project. cant wait to see it finished.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

here a few pics for you in case your interested, the bottom one shows the offeneding crack in the steering rack.

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

Qashcow

hardcore erotisism at its best (is that a word?) either way, fooking love this car

s1 williams/106gti

:(and i thought i had the best free car on here :(
*RUNS AWAY WEEPING*

Clio Cup Racer

Good to see it coming along. :)

The yellow one is still going.

Sorry to see that happened to yours once you sold it Super Touring. :( Have you got any new toys yet?

1.2 8v 60bhp

thats the way id want my clio ride height at the back, what size of wheels are they? and what size of drop? thanks

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

they are 15inch wheels and i have no idea about the drop mate sorry

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS

bit low at the back lol

looking good lee

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

DSC00742.jpg

you can see how little the wheel has dropped when the car is in the air.

M

mini-valver

This is something I've bveen wondering about. When I put the car on a 4 poster, the rear springs drop out. When I'm cornering hard and the back wheel lifts, is the spring going to come out??

lift number 1 @ btm

This is something I've bveen wondering about. When I put the car on a 4 poster, the rear springs drop out. When I'm cornering hard and the back wheel lifts, is the spring going to come out??

can happen!

my rears have helper springs on to stop dislocation.

M

mini-valver

FFS, shitbox FK's. Aside form raising it, which I dont want to do, is there anything other than that??

lift number 1 @ btm

not sure to be honest fella, are the springs on yours straight or egg shaped?

ITB'd MK1

"shouldn't" happen due to the axle design. Being that the rear isn't independent, you get both sides doing the same thing, so one side is pushed into the arch, the other will follow. you have to allow for a certain amount of flex obviously.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

can't see that happening tbh because like danny says the rear axle isnt independent which means if the one wheel is weightless the other will still be under load making sure the axle doesnt drop enough for the spring to fall out.

Qashcow

can't see that happening tbh because like danny says the rear axle isnt independent which means if the one wheel is weightless the other will still be under load making sure the axle doesnt drop enough for the spring to fall out.

yea got to agree with you and danny, the whole rear beam will move so the FK's springs wont fall out. i believe H&R's are he same too

and to the other person who asked, they are (at least mine are) bubble type at the rear, not straights :)

back on topic lol