ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E90 BMW 330d

M135i
After selling my GWR27 to free up some cash for furture plans (read kids), I wanted something that would combine performance, comfort and economy. For me, the 330d was a perfect choice. I've been lurking about on Auto Trader and PH for months looking at different specs and prices.

I'd always buy on condition rather than mileage; my old Volvo S60 was a testament to that. It was on 167k and still going strong when I sold it.

I then saw this come up for sale. A Le Mans Blue 2006 330d with 124k on the clock with full service history for the right price. I went up to view it after a day of it being up on Auto Trader. As soon as I saw it and drove it, I knew I had to have it. A deal was done and I picked it up last Tuesday. The seller claimed its remapped to 285bhp. It certainly feels like its been mapped. The torque is phenomenal. I'm going to get it to Tour De Force soon to give a more reliable figure. I'm realistically expecting 270bhp with over 400ft/lbs torque.

It doesn't have a massive spec, but what it does have is enough for me. Tuesday was spent vax'ing old farts out of the seats, G101'ing plastics and steam cleaning the headlining to get it up to my standards.

Yesterday I completed a one stage paint correction. Wow is BMW paint hard! It's not perfect but about 80-85% corrected. Theres no dents or major dramas on the paintwork. For it's age and mileage, it's in top nick.

Products used for the interior:
AS Brisk in Vax for seats and carpets. On a dampened cloth for the Alcantara.
G101
Megs Quik Interior Detailer (It's not a bad product considering. Smells nice, think clean and lemons)
Megs Window Cleaner Concentrate
Gliptone Cleaner for Steering Wheel, hand brake and gear stick.

For exterior:
G101 for grills, badges, panel gaps, window seals etc.
Megs Shampoo Plus. I tried AS Duet for a bit, but didn't like it, so back to the Plus!
AS Hazsafe, 101 and Plus mix for foam.
AS Tardis
Iron X
Megs clay with Last Touch
Menzerna RD3.02 on Hexlogic yellow/SFX-1 pads. Finished down to LSP ready via Porter Cable.
Werkstatt Acrylic
Arcrylic Prime for the bright work on the grill.
Megs Endurance for the tyres.

Theres a lot of Megs and AS products, purely as I get them at trade. Working in Daventry where Megs HQ is does have it's perks!

I may have to step up to a rotary for future work as I feel I'm more than comfortable with a DA.

On with the pics:
7983309531_9a9932eac2_c.jpg

Untitled by hungry_must_eat_food, on Flickr

7983315238_db093552b8_c.jpg

7983314502_fc96cbb759_c.jpg

7983310717_3843de5e2b_c.png

7983309169_5ee0c1312c_c.jpg

7983312949_ab0c1f8d0c_c.jpg

Comments welcome!

e91 330d/type r mini
very nice, im currently looking for a black auto 330d so i can tow my mini to and fro from trackdays,
can i ask what your getting mpg wise as the figures manufactures claim usually are a mile out so woould be good to here what the genuinely do.
if it has been mapped properly i wouldnt doubt the 285bhp, my friends is running 302bhp and 500ft lbs but he does have the dpf removed

M135i
Yes it's pretty frugal. On the journey back on the M1 from when I picked it up, it averaged 56mpg sitting between 70-80 mpg. That was with the odd squirt to make progress.

It's averaging 40mpg at the moment with the mixed town/B road commute that I do.

Leon Cupra 300
Good car... :D

Next year and counting.... I'm looking for an auto, with xenons, black leather in black, grey or silver. Should be an easy find.

M135i
Thanks for the comments. I was trying to find one with xenons but I was not overly fussed. I'll stick some Night Breakers in the front, they should do the job for night commutes.

I agree with Noah, I like the E90 over the E92. Plus it's not practical for me.

Philmots, the market has an abundance of autos, take your pick when the time comes!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I couldn't buy a manual, It would HAVE to be an auto. Its just suck a big lazy driving position it suits auto perfectly. IMO obviously.

M135i
I did consider an auto but I just can't bring myself to do it! I do think it would be great as an auto too though.

Last edited:
  Leon Cupra 300
I couldn't buy a manual, It would HAVE to be an auto. Its just suck a big lazy driving position it suits auto perfectly. IMO obviously.

I did consider an auto but I just can't bring myself to do it! I do think it would be great as an auto too though.

It depends what you want... if it's your only car etc

A mapped manual one of these on the road will be an absolute weapon.. Will get a good jump on an auto one i bet due to the direct drive ('till the clutch dies!)

When I get mine, my 197 Cup will become the second car so I've still got something to thrash about in. So an auto for me.