ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***FAO MK2 Clio owners**

Nissan R35 GT-R

Just seen this thread.

Put my name down. Its happened to me from the very first time the wheels broke loose.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

the banging during hard accell/wheelspin is what we are talking about. :D so you do have it too.

Okay the title of this thread has changed as it now seems to be a problem on all models of Mk2 Clio from the 1.2 upwards.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Yep, put me down

Only had it happen once, but thats probably because ive been a bit reluctant to floor it in 1st ever since

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Dunno if I have it yet, picking car up Saturday.

But count me in.

All for one, one for all

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

yep count me in....

and if they ignore it, send a copy of the letter to watchdog/autocar etc. :D

320d M Sport

me too, been moaning about this for ages. In fact do i get a prize for suggesting this?! ;)

Come on Reno, lets ave ya!

Ill have some of that. The banging & clonking in doing my frigin sweed in...

Has anybody else experienced a squeaky top engine mounting? When the engine shudders, there is kind of a saueaky/rattling noise?

Embarrassed to say

No doubt the engine banging against the subframe on a regular basis is eventually going to have an effect on the engine mounts.

Im in as well only noticed it a few times but wondered what the hell it was. The more of us the more chance theyll take notice.

I think several hundred/thousand letters would have more potency than just the one, even if they are all pre typed spell checked. (lol) Then signed by the individual members, with some reference to the club as i think you will find its quite respected!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

That will be stage 2 if a non suitable reply is recieved. For now a single letter with the number of members that have reported this problem should suffice, lets give renault a resonble choice.

Embarrassed to say

If everyone called customer service and said the same thing (that the engine is banging against the subframe under hard acceleration and the dealers wont fix it) thats got to achieve something.

Noticed this noise for the first time the other day ,thought the bleedin thing was falling apart . Add me to the list please .

Mine does this as well, either under hard acceleration or wheelspin. It also jumps out of gear most of the time if you get wheelspin or hit a bump in the road under acceleration or braking.

I also had to replace the engine mounts on mine last year after 36,000 miles - not covered by the warranty of course!

I am sure i asked for simular surport of this club for the banging noises some time ago i just got stupid remarks .I also told reno of this problems and that they could refer to the cliosport site as many owners had this problem . Which i was then told that they would nt take any notice of what the members have placed on this site as it is not the offical reno site.I hope that this works i and would put my name down and would give full surport to this

Embarrassed to say

So then what about the letter should we start another thread to write it. Then everyone copies/pastes it into their word processor (changing the relevent details like reg number and name/address etc) and sends it to renault uk.

172 sport,

just a thought but with so many people having the same trouble and getting told the same from the dealers with enough people would it not be worth getting in touch with top gear or watchdog etcas it may give a bit more clout mine went in about 5 times for it i eventually took an engineer out who heard it and then said i should not drive it so hard

yogi

Ive only notice this once on mine, scared the hell outa me, thought Id broken something. Add me to the list.

Count me in too, only noticed it in the wet under hard first gear acceleration, but it may develope over time as ive only done 1700miles.

Ive got so many rattles, squeaks and bangs now at 20,000 miles Im not sure if the car will last another week.

Count me in. I tried to get this sorted two weeks after delivery in Sept 2002 but as others have said, Renault told me not to drive it so hard. Er, Im still running it in!!!

Should send copies of the letter(s) to watchdog, 5 Gear, Top Gear any other Gear magazines etc. to have max impact and let Renault know that we have done this.

Can anyone speak French and see whats happening on the French site to see if they are getting same problem with there clios?