ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***FAO MK2 Clio owners**

Embarrassed to say

This is starting to get out of control. When you ring up a renault dealer they play dumb and tell you to bring it in (no doubt its a good money maker).

I get the problem and wondered what it was... when i put my foot down and the front end slides the whole front end shudders and it feels like its loose... (well sort of!). Well im up for it... where do i sign?

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 08 January 2004

Dunno if I have it yet, picking car up Saturday.

But count me in.

All for one, one for all
This goes for me too. Ive yet to do any more than test drive my car, but stick me on the list.

After reading what everybody says they have, sounds like what I get too. First couple of times thought I had broken something. Reno knew nothinbg about it and said since they coulnt simulated it on a test drive there was nothing wrong. I have learnt to drive around the problem a bit now so it doesnt happen as much. I am too scared of breaking somthing.

Oh yes, count me in !

C

Cupster

They can use mine on a test drive. It is the one thing that gets on my nerves about the car so I wil put my name down.

Clio 172 cup 300bhp

count me in my old one did and they know of a corrective cure at renault Solihull and WOlverhampton which involves adjusting the top mounts on your suspensio and my new is already banging with just 900 miles on it!

Attention everyone who has had this problem!!!! I have been in contact with Renault and am having problems trying to get it sorted under warranty!! They insist that no one else has registered a complaint!

Please can anyone else who has or had this problem contact Renault Customer services on 0800 072332. If everyone registers a complaint then may be they will start to recognise the problem.

You will need to get a reference number - mine is 1-45715244. Please post your ref. no. so that I can collect them together!!

Many Thanks!

Embarrassed to say

That is strange because when i rang customer services they told me that they never heard of this fault before. Good idea to collect the reference numbers, will get mine tommorrow.

Embarrassed to say

My reference number -

1-45570644

Told them renault solihull have a fix for it and the place i took it said the problem was in my head, they said that all the garages look at the same information so she didnt know why one garage could fix it and the other couldnt.

Embarrassed to say

Under hard acceleration when you get wheel spin, your engine bangs against your subframe making a juddering/banging noise. Everyone thats been in my car and experienced it has said "your car is f*cked/you better get that seen to/its not supposed to be like that/my williams doesnt do that/my 10 year old xr2i is better made/my mk1 clio 172 can wheel spin normally etc". I have come to the point where I just like driving on my own.

If anyone in london wants to meet up and compare cars ill be up for it.

Mk2 172

Dont wheelspin. Wheelspin makes your car go slower.;)

Maybe it will happen to mine when I get the turbo conversion.:)

VaVa

After 2,500 happy 172 miles, the first fault has reared its ugly head. Put foot down a bit out of icy junction this morning, wheels spun followed by a big bang coming from lower/rear side of engine. It only banged once before the traction control cut in. But once was enough!!

Count me in!!!