ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fifth Gear - Williams 001 Vs. Clio 197

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
i bet he does'nt.He will probably think he can rag the nuts off it because its 13yrs old.Dont forget he can also drive too.And also on a track whats the worst that can happen,he slides into some tyres or a gravel trap

ian

Astra VXR 17/05/07
Agree, it is pointless. The 197 is in a loose loose situation.

If it whoops the Willys ass it will be because the Willy wasn`t ragged because its so rare then damage can`t be replaced etc. *yawn*

If its close, then it will get slagged off for not improving over an old car that wasn`t even pushed hard..

Tiff is a good driver, he has had his moments but i doubt very much he`d write off a Williams in a pointless shootout, give him some credit. I`m certain he won`t hold back, after some of the cars the guy has ragged i doubt hes going to worry about an old Clio.

williams and trophy
Chris n nic said:
Similar to Williams team having no input to the Williams :rasp: ;)

Chris

lol.the williams stickers are there to commemorate the partnership between the 2...dont think there was any marketing hype to lead u into any other conclusion.....the 172 badges however.??? false advertising. ;)

williams and trophy
Funkyjahooner said:
Agree, it is pointless. The 197 is in a loose loose situation.

If it whoops the Willys ass it will be because the Willy wasn`t ragged because its so rare then damage can`t be replaced etc. *yawn*

If its close, then it will get slagged off for not improving over an old car that wasn`t even pushed hard..

Tiff is a good driver, he has had his moments but i doubt very much he`d write off a Williams in a pointless shootout, give him some credit. I`m certain he won`t hold back, after some of the cars the guy has ragged i doubt hes going to worry about an old Clio.

lmao.....a williams 1 is a williams 1. sure there are some that are in better nick than others.but a low no. doesnt make it any less rare/special, or better condition. id say tiff will be driving the williams as hard as he is the 197. iv heard strombas after a new exhaust..so maybe tiff found the gravel/tyre wall ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
There was tonnes of marketing on the williams livery,it was everywhere.
good job it was'nt called the "walliams"

emily7.jpg

ian

williams and trophy
yes.advertised as having the williams logo on the trim.

cant argue that....seeing as tho it is. lol.

172 sticker on the side...is it?? i havent seen 1.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
fifth gear is rather g@y and pointless. beats coronation st tho. tiff needel thinks that hes the worlds best driver, so does plato and is so far up his own R-se its untrue and that bird vicki bumhole henderson is rough and gives it all that 'go girl - women are better drivers than men' act.
apart from that tho its alright.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Anyway i hope it all goes well and the willy wins.....I know there old but there still great cars.the 197 does'nt look good enough

ian

BMW E46 330i Touring
At no point does Renault market the 172 as bhp. It is also called the 172 in France, where they measure power as ps, and they would not bother renaming it for the UK market as the '169'...

CS Dungeon
Ads_172 said:
At no point does Renault market the 172 as bhp. It is also called the 172 in France, where they measure power as ps, and they would not bother renaming it for the UK market as the '169'...

How many make 172ps as standard??

Its still a slow arse bag of s**t, would have trouble beating a Valver let alone a Williams

Clio Cup
Must get this in quick because this topic could go on for decades, especially when king stromba arrives. God fifth gear is crap and the presenters are the most annoying w*****s on the face of the planet. Why not have a program with proper race drivers reviewing and racing the cars and fit centerfold type models to look at in the background.

Clio Cup
The 197 is also crap. Why can't they just re-release the clio williams. All the owners are probably too past it to worry about it effecting the residues of having another mk of it.

Red Clio 172 MK2
Richy123 said:
Why not have a program with proper race drivers reviewing and racing the cars.
Jason Plato - Touring car champion 2001 and currently 3rd in this years championship.

Tiff Needell - 14 times Le Mans, endless other races and a couple of F1 races thrown in.

Not only have they driven more cars than you could probably name, I think their history qualifies them as "proper race drivers"....

Tbh i have a feeling he's slipped back in under the radar again anyway. There's someone on here that posts horseshit of the same ilk i've noticed recently.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I always enjoyed his wit and brains.Shame he got a bit carried away and got banned

Anyway you cant argue that fith gear people cant drive.they all have credentials as mentioned above.I bet VBH would beat 99% of people on here too in a race

ian

Red Clio 172 MK2
The item will be on in the 2nd show which is the 2nd October.

If there is any doubt about how Tiff drives the Williams then I'll post a picture of it later on 3 wheels.

;)

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Good idea for these two to slug it out, the first generation versus the current, similar power to weight, same manufacturer. Adding the 1*2 to the equation would have been interesting but the point they're making appears to be old school versus new school.

Off-topic slightly, the Clio hasn't moved apart as much as the Golfs appear to have, i mean imagine the mk1 gti versus the mk5! Sounds very David and Goliath.

But yeah, i'm looking forward to old school rawness versus new tech refinement. I'd say the 1*2 fits quite well exactly in the middle. Oh and for the record i own a clio 172 and between the Williams and 197 i'd personally go for the Williams.