ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally. I bought an ///M3.

keo

Clio Trophy
Looks realy nice, wouldnt mind one in the future, last time I checked insurance was over 2.5k not paying that!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Love it! My OH would kill me if I asked for petrol money, plus i'd feel 17 again lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Love it! My OH would kill me if I asked for petrol money, plus i'd feel 17 again lol

Sarah's always paid half the fuel when we go off on long journeys together! I dont ask for it (that would make me a pr4t), she thinks its only fair ... I do exactly the same when we use her car.

Anyways, currently umming & ahhing about CS wheels as i need mine refurbing & 2 new front tyres anyway - any thoughts?

85c63b0b.jpg

10.gif

2e8af841.jpg

3.gif

I'm unsure, they do the CS in a very similar colour to mine anyway (as above), so wont necessarily look that much like a rep CSL, but im still unsure as they are pretty common these days!

Z4
I always preferred the M3 19s on mine, much nicer on silver.

On yours though, the Csls without a doubt. CSLs work much better on darker colours creating a contrast.

Either that, or have the 19s mirror polished

Evo 5 RS
lol @ equal rights

Love this colour, get that s**t detailed... not because it's dirty - but it will look immense!

Oh and IMO CSL wheels or nothing...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If CSL wheels come with a free hairdryer for removing tints, then definitely.

As above. I thought that was the first job...

sleep.gif
It is the 1st job lol. Havent actually had the car in my possession over a free weekend yet ...

Thought you bought the refurbed M3 wheels with decent tyres?

So did i :rolleyes: he changed his mind the day before i was supposed to collect them, rather irritatingly, hence the current dilemma.

Need rid of the 'Primewell' tyres on the front asap lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get some CSL wheels, charge your mrs half, remove the tints, win win.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
CSL but in anthracite. Can't believe you are still rolling around with tints, i would of been in the garage ripping them off whilst they repaired it..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
CSL but in anthracite. Can't believe you are still rolling around with tints, i would of been in the garage ripping them off whilst they repaired it..

I've got a black coupe (not rich enough for an m3) with proper limo black tints. Its hideous.

Just can't bring myself to start the massive job that is tint removal. :(

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
heat gun and a stanley blade will get them off no probs. if you cant do it then smash all the windows and get them replaced through insurance. lol

e91 330d/type r mini
i have genuine csl wheels on mine that i had done in anthrecite 2 years ago which i liked at the time but if i was keeping the car i would have them done silver again(looks alot classier imo)
i do like csl's but i dont think you can beat a good clean set of polished oem's
if it wasnt to much messing about dave i would of done a deal with my wheels as its a shame for them to go to some random bloke and i know with you they would be going to a good home.
only bad thing about csl's is every tom,d**k and harry have them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tint removal is a job for poor people.

Dave isn't poor... yet.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I sold my Saxo VTS run about because I only got half way through taking the tints off the drivers side and gave up.

It really is a job for poor people

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
if it wasnt to much messing about dave i would of done a deal with my wheels as its a shame for them to go to some random bloke and i know with you they would be going to a good home.

Yeah, shame you're at the other end of the earth lol. PM me want you'd want for them anyways though ...

Tint removal is a job for poor people.

Dave isn't poor... yet.

Oh, give it time! Can see fueling the beast for 90 miles a day being quite amusing ...

Re: the tints, as far as im aware, its not too bad a job if you have the right tools for the job! As such, i've bought the following:

AutoSmart Tardis, pure acetone nail varish remover, 0000 steel wool, 10x dish cloths, a safety window scraper & heat gun.

Fingers crossed its not such a bad job :clown:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You're in for a world of pain. I work in a bodyshop with all those things at my disposal and still got pissed off. It's not the tint it's the left over glue. Like fucking kryptonite!

320d
I'd have the CSL wheels. They look awesome.

29 mpg at 85-90 is actually pretty good, about the same as my MX5 :/

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You're in for a world of pain. I work in a bodyshop with all those things at my disposal and still got pissed off. It's not the tint it's the left over glue. Like fucking kryptonite!

This.

I scraped a 2"x2" gap in the saxo's window so I could see and then gave up and sold it.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Csl's, you will need arch work if you want to run with a square set up... Although it would be worth it. Only peasents run with OEM 19's ;)