ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally. I bought an ///M3.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Sarah's always paid half the fuel when we go off on long journeys together! I dont ask for it (that would make me a pr4t), she thinks its only fair ... I do exactly the same when we use her car.

Anyways, currently umming & ahhing about CS wheels as i need mine refurbing & 2 new front tyres anyway - any thoughts?

2e8af841.jpg

3.gif

I'm unsure, they do the CS in a very similar colour to mine anyway (as above), so wont necessarily look that much like a rep CSL, but im still unsure as they are pretty common these days!

Doesn't look too different side by side!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I think I'd be leaving the tints in, they're not exactly noticeable and it's a right ball ache to remove

Nah, they're definately coming out. Ignoring the fact that they look awful, i'm really not happy with reduced night time vision they give.

Even such a light smoke is quite noticeable in anything bar daylight. Dont care if it takes me all day lol, they're coming off!

Think i've decided on CSL's as well (not wider all round though) - not for a little while as i need to get the subframe checked by BMW 1st.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Quick fitment of parts at lunchtime ...

Pikey air-mod: basically a 45 degree drainage joint to pull air from the bumper scoop straight up into the airbox feed.
(Buying a fog light shortly, priorities, etc)
IMG_1051.jpg

Old air filter: only replaced 2k ago apparently. Lies.
IMG_1052.jpg

New BMC filter: purchased for a bargain price of £12, delivered!!
IMG_1054.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Seeing as your mrs will eventually be going on a journey in it, will you charge her for half of your modifications?

x

Red
Dave when this colour is dirty does it look a proper purple?

If so I seen one today, convertible, with CSL rims. Was awesome.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I hope it's not still in Asian spec davey??

It is, too busy driving it to care about what it looks like tbh.

Which brings me onto the 1st proper write up now that i've driven it fairly 'enthusiastically', albeit in the damp, & well it really is great:

Took it for a couple of runs down one of my favourite road's yesterday, which in the Trophy i can simply bomb down, brain off, pushing everything out the way (its rather twisty) at 150% maximum attack, each & everytime. Wet, or dry. To be honest, the Trophy had got to the stage that unless i was on track, on the limit of the tyres, it wasnt much of a challenge, unless at daft speeds. It was a bit boring tbh.

In the M3, Sport mode on (epic throttle response), its rather different. Yesterday, it was damp, greasy, the front tyres are rather average & i have just under 350bhp to play with. As such, whilst i could have probably barrelled down that road in the Trophy twice as fast, the M3 provided twice the enjoyment, why? Well, in a car with decent power, you cant just boot it, you have to feel for grip, ease the power in, really think about every move you make, safe in the knowledge that if you clog it mid bend, you'll end up in a hedge.

The feeling as it squirms on the exit to a bend, losing grip ever so slightly before firing up the next straight, where it simply gets quickly & quicker as the revs rise (non of this flat torque curve rubbish), ITB's screaming as it wails towards the redline - its one of those things that just makes you grin like a child :D

Then at the end of the road, Sport mode off, heated seats on, bung it into 6th & relax in one of the most comfortable, quiet interiors ive had the pleasure of sitting in.

For less than 20 grand, i dont actually think there's another car that combines everything so well.

<3 my M3

Evo 5 RS
Is it an AMG this one? ;)

20k, you're running a bath surely? supercharged V8 with 500bhp for half that on the otherside of the panzer forest

I love both, but meeeeeeeh

Listerine & Poledo
I thought you'd have brought along the seat covers for extra comfort (and support) during the karting.

there's 1/2 a second a lap in those beaded beauties, almost as much as StRiPeZ.

;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I wanted to see this at karting, alas you turn up in a TT:dapprove:

A TT? I was in Ollie's 306 lol ... you must have confused me with some other mincer ;)

I have to say it does look amazing (Even taking in to account you quoted my EP3 as a shed ;))

lol, only cos of the rank air filter, which was clearly bunged on there when they took off the teikwando thingy ...

Yours needs lows, camber/alignment mod & some black jap wheels then it'll be rite.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol when I see you I scanned the car park for the M and I saw the TT, put 2 and 2 together. How very wrong I was.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lol when I see you I scanned the car park for the M and I saw the TT, put 2 and 2 together. How very wrong I was.

That was probably your VAGdar sensing another understeer monster :p

Was gonna come in the M3, but realised how far Essex was & made Ollie drive the derv bus.

Sarah wasnt attending so couldnt charge her half you see ...

Listerine & Poledo
hahaha!

Love it.

Do we take the M3?
Well, it is more than 20 miles away.
Pft. F*(k that, we could get a pug there and back twice for the fuel the M would cost!

Never above 25mpg
Glad you're enjoying it Dave. I had a silver one pull out of a road behind me this evening and I felt so inadequate!

e91 330d/type r mini
Glad you're enjoying it Dave. I had a silver one pull out of a road behind me this evening and I felt so inadequate!
are you sure you felt inadequate? i heard a rumour that most people get intimidated by m3's

everytime i see an m3 i think "yeah that looks nice" and then think oh im in one which seems wrong as it should feel like your in an m3 and be a bit special. maybe im bored as i have had e46 m3's and e46 alpina b3's for the last 4 years so just got used to it.
still they are great cars

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
everytime i see an m3 i think "yeah that looks nice" and then think oh im in one which seems wrong as it should feel like your in an m3 and be a bit special.

lol. Although i do know what you mean - think you need a CSL for it to feel really special on the inside!!

Now booked in for rear subframe check on Thursday at Cooper Thames Ditton ...

Seat Ibiza
Love it!!

I always thought the gun metal grey colour they do is the best looking, but after seeing that, I'm not sure.

Looks mint mate, enjoy! I would love one, but being 21 they wanted £4k for insurance!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Love it!!

I always thought the gun metal grey colour they do is the best looking, but after seeing that, I'm not sure.

Looks mint mate, enjoy! I would love one, but being 21 they wanted £4k for insurance!

You can start your own insurance company iirc.

You must live in a bad area or haven't tried certain places. I got insured for a lot less than that!

Never above 25mpg
are you sure you felt inadequate? i heard a rumour that most people get intimidated by m3's

everytime i see an m3 i think "yeah that looks nice" and then think oh im in one which seems wrong as it should feel like your in an m3 and be a bit special. maybe im bored as i have had e46 m3's and e46 alpina b3's for the last 4 years so just got used to it.
still they are great cars

Think it's the wider arches and slightly more aggressive look to it! I still like knowing I've got something to "upgrade" to

e91 330d/type r mini
Think it's the wider arches and slightly more aggressive look to it! I still like knowing I've got something to "upgrade" to
you wont be disapointed once you do decide to make the change, there a cracking car.
im currently in the middle of changing mine for a e90 330d touring and i know i will regret it though the second its gone :( have managed to keep my csl wheels to stick on the touring which should look ok :)

Megane GT
I am not a huge fan of the beamers, but that my friend is a very nice car :) I think I would leave the tint though even though you hate it!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
hahaha!

Love it.

Do we take the M3?
Well, it is more than 20 miles away.
Pft. F*(k that, we could get a pug there and back twice for the fuel the M would cost!

Were you eavesdropping the phone call?!? Thats almost exactly how the conversation went. One minute im looking forward to wafting along on heated leather in the BMW lane at 90+ LPH (Leptons Per Hour) only to be told i have to drive us the 50 odd miles in my slightly wheezy 306 Derv.

Honestly Lydia, the tints MUST go. It seriously looks like a drug pusher car as it is....

Megane GT
Were you eavesdropping the phone call?!? Thats almost exactly how the conversation went. One minute im looking forward to wafting along on heated leather in the BMW lane at 90+ LPH (Leptons Per Hour) only to be told i have to drive us the 50 odd miles in my slightly wheezy 306 Derv.

Honestly Lydia, the tints MUST go. It seriously looks like a drug pusher car as it is....

Hahaha, but Beamers are gangster/druggy cars :D less likely to get stopped by police doing 90 I guess, they wont be expecting to search it for drugs!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Up here, they don't have a drug dealer/gangster feel about them at all. Great value cars and look great in oem spec. I think i am about to go Indi on mine...Insp2 time.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Great value cars and look great in oem spec.

Funny you should mention that .... after much umming and ahhing as of late, i've finally gone & bought some new wheels.

I couldnt bring myself to buy reps, even if they were sexy CSL ones, so four minty fresh OEM 19's are being collected on Wednesday :cool:

abc.jpg

Just need a couple of tyres for the front now, the Primewells are really putting me off drively quickly lol ...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I couldnt bring myself to buy reps

LOL! I won't tell the masses that you were actually on the verge of buying reps......oh whoops! ;)

I take it you've bought from somebody who "knows" someone handy with a jack, a locking nut master key and stack of bricks in their van......because i know you'd never be mad enough to buy a spanking new set from BEE EMM themselves.....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I take it you've bought from somebody who "knows" someone handy with a jack, a locking nut master key and stack of bricks in their van......because i know you'd never be mad enough to buy a spanking new set from BEE EMM themselves.....

Ha ha, nope not made of money!! The OEM forged 19's are about £600 each from BMW :S

Apparently these ones were only fitted to the car for about 3 months when new, before he upgraded to genuine CSL's.

Decided that i'm going to split the commute between the M3 & Trophy as well - partly because the ///M's fuel bill is shocking, but it'll also help keep the miles down/value up, which is always useful. Trophy now has comfy seats again, so might as well use it!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Ha ha, nope not made of money!! The OEM forged 19's are about £600 each from BMW :S

Apparently these ones were only fitted to the car for about 3 months when new, before he upgraded to genuine CSL's.

Decided that i'm going to split the commute between the M3 & Trophy as well - partly because the ///M's fuel bill is shocking, but it'll also help keep the miles down/value up, which is always useful. Trophy now has comfy seats again, so might as well use it!

lol!