ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

frazjam's Ph1 172

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Mine started first turn of the key after being tucked away and untouched for 4-5 months. It needs some severe TLC, though.

Looking good Fraser!

Cheers Liam, got some pics of your old one to send, now has a full cage, rear of it being the old one out mine!

Bit tarty for me son. Looks good though.

Couldn't agree more, not normal for me I'm all function over form, but the hammerite got the better of me!

Mine started first turn of the key after being tucked away and untouched for 4-5 months. It needs some severe TLC, though.

That's nice

una5enuj.jpg

Aerocatched front bumper is done!

Got all my mounts welded in today, really straight forward, I done the majority of it myself, just got someone better with a welder to weld them for me. Just need to paint the inside now. Which ill do through the week.
jyne3a3a.jpg

egeduje7.jpg

eza9e5y2.jpg

a4e8u2uh.jpg

Please note the holes in the floor are from my previous rear cage and have been covered!

172 Cup (Track)
[USER][/USER]
Not in yet, fully painting the inside through the week then get it in!

Ye the 8th just booked up!

Oh aye, im forgetting your cage is already painted!

Colour you doing inside?

ill hopefully get my 2nd shot on the 8th too!

Cup In bits
Looking good, did you just make up your own kit? I'm guessing you have access to unlimited amounts of steel.

Cup In bits
Ye, 2mm plate, 25mm box, 50x5 flat. To small for our normal work so I had to buy in raw lengths but it cost less than £30!

That's not bad, I spent £38 today at B&Q for steel to make two base frames and I bet you have some left over too.

Cup In bits
Yeah I knew I was getting ripped off in B@q but it was to hand, still £67 cheaper than OMP frames though and they're lower :)

Well she's pretty much done, alignment and she's good for track next weekend

9ape8uhy.jpg

yqegyvyz.jpg

y7ysadav.jpg

7a5a7a8a.jpg

u8e8umaq.jpg

Very happy with the new cage and weld in seat mounts, seating position is much lower, and slightly further back, could maybe do with dropping the steering wheel but I'll see how I get on to start with

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice Fraser is that your car all ready to go ? Ive still got alignment and rear brakes to sort this week.
Do use have any old front brake disks lying about at the unit I could do with one to try a brake moc up on my spare hubs.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Where do you take it I always use lady bank tyres.
Got some Porsche 4 pots lying so will see what there like to make mounts for.

172 Cup (Track)
Well I hope I haven't had your space. If I don't make it and there ain't spaces you can have it.

Haha have you already booked on?

I can see me booking on tomorrow then a mad week sorting out gearbox!!!

P.S Cars looking good Fraser, silver with the black catches etc is subtle and nice!

Cup In bits
Haha have you already booked on?

I can see me booking on tomorrow then a mad week sorting out gearbox!!!

P.S Cars looking good Fraser, silver with the black catches etc is subtle and nice!

Yeah I just booked on to make sure I can make it if the cars ready.