ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long does it take a 182 to de-ice windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  S3 Sportback, Ninja
But its 15 mile each way? Oh well best set off now, naked of course in case when I sit at my desk I put wear and tear on my trousers and shirt.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I'm just glad I have stopped using my car who knows what would of happened if I had continued using it 'willy nilly'

182cup & 172 racecar
Car_explosion.jpg

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Ive seen that picture before, legend has it the fire started by some rouge windscreen wipers.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
He poured water over his windscreen to melt the ice, windscreen imploded due to the rapid temperature change and then combusted

Clio 197
Just to resurrect this brilliant thread, I had a de-icing fail this morning as my newly picked up clio has "the" resistor issue therefore doesn't do anything to heat the windows up.

After a liberal dousing of de-icer and lots of scraping my work was undone by it quickly freezing again! So in the end I had to admit defeat and take the GFs car .

Will be covering it with a sheet or similar tonight , might even try the disputed lukewarm water trick !

Pete

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not disputed. Anyone who does dispute it, is a clownshoe. It works, it always works. De-icer is utterly useless!

Clio 197
Not sure if srs?

I dont understand why people dont just use warm (hell, even 10*) water? I dont think ive ever used an ice scraper/de-icer in my life.

Well I suppose I only gave half a story, the GFs car was already de iced as it had just been driven , I was late for work so gave up with my scraper and took the GFs car.

It's something I was always remember as being a big no no when I was growing up for risk of cracking the glass. (as already mentioned on this thread) However I will give it a go :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Did the same after work ant. Was in a rush. De-frosts and de-mists at the same time!

320d
Just seen MarkR's media thread with a photo of his frozen Clio.

It got me wondering how long it takes for the 182's to de-ice the windscreen? This will be my first winter with the Clio.

Mine is running a decatted Milltek so not the noisiest of systems, but my neighbours tell me it is still "quite loud" and I don't want to upset/wake them by defrosting it for 10 minutes at 5am when I'm working dayshifts.

Should I invest in some de-icer or are they quite good at clearing the screen within a few minutes?

Nothing better than driving the first 1/4 of a mile at 7am in the morning with you exhaust popping and banging waking everybody up.

It's a small sense of satisfaction I get whilst I'm tired, cold and often facing a 14.5 hour day in work.

ITB BG 182
Nothing better than driving the first 1/4 of a mile at 7am in the morning with you exhaust popping and banging waking everybody up.

It's a small sense of satisfaction I get whilst I'm tired, cold and often facing a 14.5 hour day in work.

Wait till you find the other c*nt who now hates you for this and decides to knock on your door or throw small stones at your window while your fast asleep to wake you up.
Or even god forbid they spray more and more water on your windscreen and door shuts when its freezing to help you in the morning......

I fecking would!

Status
Not open for further replies.