ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much did you pay for yours?

RB 182 cup
Hi guys...im new on here...just going to pick up my 182 on sunday. Its second hand (05 plate) only got 12,000 on the clock. Im getting it from a dealer on finance. It was originally being sold for 12k but has been dropped down to 8995 because it wasnt selling. So on finance im paying 248 a month which includes the first years road tax and total loss cover for the whole 4 years of which im paying it over.

Has anyone had any better deals?? Also on insurance ive got a quote for 1341 pounds which im gunna pay annualy. Im 21 and have 3 years no claims with pass plus. What do peeps think???

Cheers

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Insurance seems alrite, Car is a little expenxive at 9k, would hope it has both cup packs and the paint and interior is spotless for that price.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Car aint to bad from a dealer but your paying to much for insurance in my opinion, my insurance was nealry half that at 21 with 0NCB.

Could probably get that car private for £7.5-8k

Paid £8k for my inferno with 12k on 3 months ago

£12k was taking this biscuit!

RB 200 Cup!
dealers will always be more expensive

theres a nice 55 plate inferno near me for 8999 - got 9700 miles on it.

Was told to be quick as it would be snapped up - lol that was 4 weeks ago ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Imo the insurance isnt to bad, im 20 with years NCB and i pay that, dont forget insurance sways ALOT on postcode + job titles :p

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Remember he's getting it for £9k interest free, which is about the same as someone paying £7.7k then paying 7.9% interest over 4 years on the loan.

Got my numbers from Tesco loans.

Car aint to bad from a dealer but your paying to much for insurance in my opinion, my insurance was nealry half that at 21 with 0NCB.

Could probably get that car private for £7.5-8k

Paid £8k for my inferno with 12k on 3 months ago

£12k was taking this biscuit!

Thats not bad for insurance tbh. My quotes were about that when I looked at getting one at 21.

Burgandy 174 sport t
400 quid a month to drive a 182 sack that!

I bought a 55 plate 182 that was minter than mint this time last year for £8900 from a reno dealer too! ok I only got 4.8k for my 02 172 trade in but imo still a good deal! That car is way too dear even at 9k

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
dealers will always be more expensive

theres a nice 55 plate inferno near me for 8999 - got 9700 miles on it.

Was told to be quick as it would be snapped up - lol that was 4 weeks ago ;)

infernos always go for more we all know that! ;)

PH2 172
As above, seems over priced and that's a lot of interest on finance, that's about £1000 more in interest than an equivalent bank loan which wouldn't be secured against the car.

Insurance seems expensive, but could be down to your area. Give greenlight a try, they were great for me.

Scirocco GT 210
Insurance seems a bit high, but not too bad I guess. Depends a lot on what your post code is.

What you paid for the car is shocking though, massively overpriced IMO.

Monaco RS Clio 172
I paid 4650 for my monaco 172 ff, on 46-47k, with a years mot and tax, full service history (non renault and the aux belt was NOT done on 36k), so I had the belts done, and that cost 570, so all, to have it in good condition engine wise, it cost me over 5k.

the body needs 2 small parking dents removing and if you were being fussy the bonnet and front bumper need blowing over to rid it of the stone chips.

apart from that, it had a broken lower fog light lense (crack only), and the wheels have some minor kirbing on random ones.

I did realise shortly after I may have got a better one for the money, but this was totally standard, looks in good condition, interior is spotless, 5th alloy spare etc etc all the original paper work so, just went for it.

also the owner was a nutcase at washing it weekly, sometimes more, done it properly and looked after it with all new tyres when I bought it. :)

insurance is (yes I know) 1700 at nearly 20 full comp own name.

Mini Cooper S sport
Remember he's getting it for £9k interest free, which is about the same as someone paying £7.7k then paying 7.9% interest over 4 years on the loan.

Where did he say it was interest free? Thought 0% was only on new cars...

Anyway he's bought it now, don't make him feel bad.

I always say, it doesn't matter what you paid for a car or how good you think the deal is, some smug fcuker will always have paid less for theirs.

3 weeks ago i was in the same position as you:

I brought 182 05 from a dealer, racing blue, 10,500 miles, both cup packs, recarros for 7K.

Im 21 with 1years NCB and i pay £1353 on insurance with a previous drink driving ban with Tesco.

Hope that gives you an idea.

172 Cup
I paid £3850 for my 172 cup on 38k 53 plate :) (yes hpi clear and its in mint condition. Just due a cambelt)

23, insurance is £380 a year TPFT

I got lucky I think ;)