ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB'd Road & Track Ph1 Titanium 172

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Worse than that Paul!!
How is that even possible Mark?!?! :tongueclosed:
Ronal paedo bears Tom??? :grinning:

DSC00757.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not too bad mate, just got to play around with brake pipe routing. I put Powerflex black bushes on it too, you have to press out the crusty old ones.

I did the pms stiffening kit with powerflex black series beam bushes on mine. Great mod, really tightened the back end up nicely.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I've got the stiffening kit and the pms bearing kit to fit.
How come you boys went for the powerflex bushes? There's no downside to the Pms bearing conversion over black series is there?

I think there was something about PMS saying the beam kit plus the bush kit would be too stiff and lead to bent beams?

I think you are thinking of there rear axle bearing conversion kit, there is a little more give with the powerflex bushes than a bearing.

Also I can see how this would cause the beam to bend, it will have been strengthened after all.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
No stock in the US of A so it's a 90 day wait for the new wheels. I'll probably forget by the time they turn up and I'll have a nice surprise!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The Ph1 is getting cubed. I took the rear door cards off to trial fit the cage and the sills are funked on both sides. To say I was gutted when I saw it is an understatement. The MOT is up in early April so to save any hassle swapping my private plate over I thought it would be best to make a move now.

This is one of the sills
IMAG2323.jpg

This is the one I've paid the deposit it on and will be collecting on Thursday.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/clio-172-cup-road-legal-track-car-itbs-£4600-ono.768695/

First things will be to get the plate transfer sorted. And I'll start swapping parts over when I've got my March 13th track day out of the way. What I'll end up with is the best of both cars and some spares to sell on like my engine, ITBs, ECU, buckets, cage etc.

I am tempted to keep my cylinder head though because mine has supertech valves whereas the one in the cup is on standard valves.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That explains the Ph1 shell wanted add.

After seeing that add mate I thought you may have binned the car.
I went a bit dizzy tbh.

*goes home to rip my rear trims out*

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the rust is right the way through the sill, both sides. And on the driver side it goes up and around the inner to outer arch seam.

One of my considerations is to put the Ph1 front end on the cup.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
How have I missed all these fun and games! Sorry to hear about the Shell. Do we think that's a common problem? I may need to check the flamer - lol!

New one looks nice, and with a blend of the bits you had previously it should be brilliant.

Can you PM which wheels you tried, I'm buying some more for mine and have a big long list of 'ones that don't fit' so want to add it to that!

Welcome to elite Clio ownership (ph2). Awaits ph1 fanboy rage. X