ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB'd Road & Track Ph1 Titanium 172

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Love the rotors Tom, are they an "off the shelf" thing or do the discs have to be made to order?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The rotors are about £140 from Hi-Spec. The bells I've only got 2 spare sets of and they're the only ones I'll be having made I think as they're a high cost part for me to have made. So you'll have to fight for them!

I should be putting them up for sale tomorrow. I need to add up what they cost in material, labour for my mate to machine them, outsourcing the anodising and priming and then the fasteners too.

Hi Tom. Car has been looking great all the way from the start of the thread. I am in the process of getting ITB's same as yours so am looking into the radiator you have bought. I have found one on eBay and was wondering what you needed to do in order to change them over in regards to mounts and hoses. Also can you reuse the original fan or do you need to get a new one that is designed to fit on the new radiator?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's held by a cable tie on one side and an alloy bracket on the other side that I knocked up, it rests on the existing rubbers fitted on the subframe. I intend to replace it with an alloy version at some point which I'll design and have made with proper brackets. However what I've got works fine so I probably won't change it.

Standard hoses fit but the standard fan won't fit, I'd suggest 2x10" pull fans of ebay, about £30-40 for a pair.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The car is staying, at least for another 24 months anyway. Talked over things with the wife and she has said she wants to stay put after doing work on the house for at least a year. Music to my ears!

Let the mods continue! To start with its gone to the garage today to remove the beam and fit the PMS stiffening kit which I'll clean down and get pianted up this weekend and fit Powerflex black bushes to.

I'm going to proceed with the following over the next couple of months.

Fibreglass doors (I'm picking these up next week and already have the bolt on hing kits in my possession.)
Fibreglass tailgate
Polycarb windows
Fit the roll cage

Hopefully all that will be done by the next trackday at Oulton Park on March 13th.

Also I'm looking at changing my wheels. The Pro Race 1.2s will be going, hopefully in favour of some lighter and more importantly, easier to clean wheels. I might get some DZ03G tyres this year.

Finally, the brakes got finished so I now have 2 piece discs all fitted :) Can't tell the difference on the road really, the proof will be brake temperatures on the track. They look good though!
IMAG2273.jpg

IMAG2276.jpg

Those brakes do look awesome mate. Be good to hear your comments when you've had a proper test on track.

EDIT: Found it.

You seem a lot wider than me and I'm trying to understand how you're not rubbing like a fat girls thighs.

Last edited:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Those brakes do look awesome mate. Be good to hear your comments when you've had a proper test on track.

EDIT: Found it.

You seem a lot wider than me and I'm trying to understand how you're not rubbing like a fat girls thighs.
He's on the roll centre hubs, et35 wheels and potentially a 5mm spacer mate. All adds up

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest what wheels would you be switching to? Aren't the pro race wheels 1 of the lightest around?
I'm keeping that quiet for now!

No they're not that light. Lighter than standard yes but compared with others they're a middle of the road wheel really.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
How much wider are you Mark?
Track width on mine is 10mm wider overall as my roll centre kit moves each wheel out 10mm, but the ones we do in the group buy is only (which you have) is only 5mm per wheel.

My wheels are the same offset as yours so I'd say about 5-10mm. Dependant on what size spacers your running though of course

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Track width on mine is 10mm wider overall as my roll centre kit moves each wheel out 10mm, but the ones we do in the group buy is only (which you have) is only 5mm per wheel.

My wheels are the same offset as yours so I'd say about 5-10mm. Dependant on what size spacers your running though of course
I need more width, need those longer uniball holders!

turbo 182
I'm keeping that quiet for now!

No they're not that light. Lighter than standard yes but compared with others they're a middle of the road wheel really.
;) keep us updated! I've got 15" oz super t's 6.5j and they weigh considerably more than cup turinies that are 16"
If you do decide to sell the pro race let me know as I might be interested price dependant

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
:wink: keep us updated! I've got 15" oz super t's 6.5j and they weigh considerably more than cup turinies that are 16"
If you do decide to sell the pro race let me know as I might be interested price dependant
They're a year old and in great condition. I'll be putting them up for £310 including delivery if and when I get around to changing them.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
My standard Oz F1 were 7.6kg and TD1.2s 6.7kg

Don't think the 'off the shelf' 2118 aren't 8kg either - from memory mine in ET43 were 9.4kg on the balance at work. Imagine ET38 would be a smidge heavier given the additional material.

The earlier cup spec 2118s are 7.2kg, pretty sure the later ones are the same aswell.