ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Killzone 2 IGN 9.4/10

MKIII 138
Graphics and sound were great in the demo but the AI is what sold me on this game as it was the best I've played against on a console FPS.

true, AI is genuiley good enough to feel the enemy is real, bots will be great when not online.

online COD5 is pretty dire i agree, single player though is different, it seems to render higher and have some great effects and lots of grass, landscape detail..... but, i wasnt comparing environment detail on COD5 to KZ2 they are both simular, im saying that COD3,5 have much better character details.

games like dark sector, timeshift have better textures (nose right upto a wall its still crisp) and environments can be equalled with FO3 and GOW

what im saying is, it doesnt excel in any area, apart from lighting 'effects'

textures on ps3 are generally flat, not bump mapped, there is no AA and seem less polys.

i own both consoles and like both for different reasons but didnt find KZ2 had spectacular GFX when you look at things individually, the guns are pretty smart though i was impressed and id say they are the best example so far of weaponry graphics, halo has it on weapon design ideas though..

it is good, possibly great (when paused) but actually walking about without the lighting effects i think people would be suprised how average they would looks

Games like Dark Sector and Timeshift are both first generation games and tbh hold up quite poorly to any 3rd gen game. The 360 does does better aa, I can stand as close to any texture I want in Gears 2 and it looks ace.

As for less polys GT5p (gameplay aside ;)) shows what can be achieved and its far and above anything on the 360. KZ2 is getting a lot of critical aclaim for its graphics, animations and lighting but textures as with any PS3 game are not always the strongest point. All of course imo:)

Anyway should find out soon enough ;)

MKIII 138
Games like Dark Sector and Timeshift are both first generation games and tbh hold up quite poorly to any 3rd gen game. The 360 does does better aa, I can stand as close to any texture I want in Gears 2 and it looks ace.

As for less polys GT5p (gameplay aside ;)) shows what can be achieved and its far and above anything on the 360. KZ2 is getting a lot of critical aclaim for its graphics, animations and lighting but textures as with any PS3 game are not always the strongest point. All of course imo:)

Anyway should find out soon enough ;)

the games i mention do feature great gfx but yes your right KZ2 is overall better, im simply highlighting that the textures on PS3 are only marginally better than xbox 1. it would be nice to see the sort of textures a 360 game do on KZ2 with all the features turned up.

Fo sho I'm expecting this to turn up tomorrow. Played through the demo again today and loved it. The gunplay is superb. Proper shooter. On PC it would be even more epic but hey ho. Can't wait to get the full game. One of my best buddies in Thailand already has it and he reckons it's biblical :approve:

Revels Mum & Sister
Will pick this up sometime over the weekend. Or maybe order online. Moving tomorrow and saturday so wont have much time to game.

Watching Youtube vids it looks epic. Not downloaded the demo either

Good luck with the move, brudder :approve:

It is Epic by the way. Well, if the demo is anything to go by, and what my mate tells me of it. Hopefully my postie should be knocking on my door this morning :eek:

Awesomeo 4000. Unfortunately I need to go out for my afternoon run before opening it up, or I'll not be going out later!

Mito Sportiva 135
Looks good. Being criticised a bit for being uber cliched and slow paced with weak ally AI but graphics are meant to be superb. MP is meant to be solid too.

It does however have a schoolboy error IMO. The old classic "why am I 4ft tall?" question. Not too bad, but quite often I find myself wondering if I'm crouched.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have a horrible feeling that shopto have sent it to my home address rather than to my work :(

F**k!!!! As feared shopto did send to the wrong address and the nice card left from the postie says to leave 48 hours before collecting!!! I hope he's taking the piss and it's at the collection office in the morning.

I don't think I'll be playing this online. It's really quite difficult to aim. Very sticky controls. It's fine in single player I guess if you take your time, but online I wouldn't enjoy it playing against expert stick players.

i have played about 45min online took some getting used to. at first i didnt like it but in my second game i did better and enjoyed it. i will be playing it online

I'm starting to have second thoughts about this game actually. The constant action and music is getting tiresome. So far there doesn't appear to be much of a strategic element at all. It's all run & gun crazy American style war.

Oh I died, better try another tactic. Oh no. Another one. Oh no I died again.

Although some of the combat has been excellent, I can't help but feel the majority of the game is just going to be like an American's wet dream. "f**k yeah!! Arghhh YEAHHHH!!! Boom. Bang. AWes0me!!111. How d'ya like those apples motherfucker??!!"

Perhaps I'm being harsh but I prefer some tactical stuff in my shooters. Anyway I shall carry on regardless unless I get bored of running around in battles that are too fast paced for the controller.

I made up the apples bit. It's just the general tone of the game so far. It doesn't help when the worlds first worst controller is slipping and sliding around in your hands.

Still, I'm enjoying it a lot, but I get the feeling that unless something changes quite soon, I'll quickly get bored of it and stop playing. It looks good, but it's not the best shooter I've ever played. Not by a long stretch.