ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Killzone 2 IGN 9.4/10

C

Cupster

lol, finally. I was, ahem, reading an old Zoo mag from 2005 at lunch and it was talking about Killzone2!!!! Also featured GoW1, lmao!

Im loving the game itself, but the aiming is really clunky. Kinda dissapointed

Movement and turning speeds have a real feeling of weight, which is appropriate considering the heavy armor burdening you. This can make the controls feel somewhat sluggish at first, given that you take a moment to gather momentum. It doesn't take long to get accustomed to this sense of overall bulkiness, though, and it's consistently delivered across multiple mechanics.

Above is from gamespots 9/10 review

Will be giving the online a spanking this weekend :cool:

Citroen DS3 DSport
Ok had a good play of this game tonight and it is excellent. I do agree with several comments here regarding the difficulty of aiming accurately in this game, it is pretty tough due to the recoil. COD definitely simplifies the aiming process in comparison.

If you like FPS games then this has got to be purchased.

Yeah the multiplayer maps are awesome in size, graphics, design and weather effects!

How about a CS match weds night 9pm :cool:

Give us all a chance to practice and get used to the aiming ;)

Golf
Had an hour on this last night, at first the sluggish movement put is off but i've getting used to it now. It definetely is an Americans wet dream lol.

The graphics at the start of the second level with the electrical storm overhead are simply stunning!

Online feels like when I first slotted COD4 in, exciting but hard! Aiming is actually a real pain online given everyon eis moving so fast! Bullets taken to die is pretty realistic too, one or two to the head will kill you depending on helmet and a short burst to the body is usually enough to rip through the armour!

Homo spec mazda
I Can make the online clan if we get some people adding me, as il be bashing this for the weekend and then all week.

Also if you turn the x and y sensitivity up a notch or two then its a wee bit better.

PSN= sofaboy_90

yeah will try that, had a few ROFL fire fights online where neither of us could aim for s**t and clip after clip emptied and both alive!

Clio
I played the demo but I cannot for the life of me get used to the PS3 controller. My fingers slip of off the back bumper buttons and the analogue sticks hurt my thumbs. :dapprove:

Also, is it just me or does the PS3 not use AA? Games on the 360 seem to have alot more AA than the PS3.

Last thing, that might solve the AA problem. Why can't I set the resolution to my screen native resolution? Instead it has to be either 720p or 1080i which means its either upscaling or downscaling. The 360 allows for either 720p or 1024x768.

Thanks,
CodedRaver

There are some little clips on triggers you can buy from Game for £2 that solve the pad trigger problem, sticks will need some getting used to! FWIW setting x and y stick sensitivity to highest does help a lot!

PS3 does seem to not do AA or not as much compared to 360.

You can force the resolution its in the settings department!

I cant kill that bloody flying thing on the roof top,anyone got any tips.

Load the rocket launcher up and go down the steps to find a small tunnel. You're not entirely safe in this tunnel but it gives you some protection. Arm the pistol, and wait until the mofo flies to the tunnel entrance. Just before it shoots you, shoot a nearby blue energy pod (on the building edge, not the enemy). The robot thingy will be f**ked for a few seconds, so while it's stationary, switch to the rocket launcher and shoot it. If you're lucky you'll get two hits in before he flies off again. Switch back to the pistol and repeat. You have 3 rockets from upstairs, and 3 more rockets inside the tunnel, so as long as you use the pistol to shoot the blue pod/pods, you'll have enough rockets to complete the job without ever leaving the tunnel.

It took me about an hour to work this out! I nearly threw my controller through the window more than once :eek:

No worries. Just be sure to only use the pistol to shoot the pods. Otherwise you'll quickly run out of rockets, and going back to the higher level to pickup some more, is not something you want to be doing. Staying in the tunnel FTW.

RB Clio 182
This game is awesome just got a PS3 i was a bit worried at first as they are still a little expensive but this game has put my mind at rest its better than any of the games on my 360.

Clio 172
all ordered now, hopefully be with me tomorrow or the next day!!! Will have to add soem of you guys and get playing

FF Blackgold 182
I beat u all on the price I got it for. ;) Ahem. Not had chance to play it much though. Truly awesome game though, not played it online at all yet either.

Octy VRS
Just picked it up for £14.98! Staff sales FTW!

To people who have Resistance 2 also, is this a lot better both single player and online?

i played the demo the other day i didnt like it that much but dint give it a great chance so im sure its great really

I'm a massive shooter fan. I've spent many thousands of pounds over the years maxing out the best shooters ever to grace the PC. If I say this game is awesome - it's awesome. Fact.

It is flawed though. The pace is a bit unrelenting at times, and the cliches could be annoying if you don't find them funny. You always get the sense that there's an epic battle around every corner, and there almost always is. That's great, but sometimes the player wants to relax a bit...hopefully there will be some slower, more tactical sections later on.