ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Killzone 2 IGN 9.4/10

what i did was run run run give up didnt kill anything i like my shooters more like cod these days not aliens and plasma rifles

Clio 172 Mk2
can anyone reassure me that the controls do get better on this and you get used to them in the end because they're driving me insane at the moment. my gun is constantly all over the place

what i did was run run run give up didnt kill anything i like my shooters more like cod these days not aliens and plasma rifles

I know what you mean but, in actual fact the enemies are quite human, really. Lot's of banter.

can anyone reassure me that the controls do get better on this and you get used to them in the end because they're driving me insane at the moment. my gun is constantly all over the place

The controls are very sticky. I've found it's better not to use iron sights too much, as without them, auto aim seems to help the bullets 'snap-on' to the enemies. I still find it amazing that some people prefer a 'shoot and hope the auto-aim is working properly' control system to the accuracy of K&M. Actually I find it positively shocking that people prefer that.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio

You can use the COD controls!

You must let me know where the plasma rifle is ;)

Its not Halo! SMG, LMG, assult rifles, snipers and a beut of a flamethrower. The only scifi weapon which is briefly used is an electricity gun.

been playing online for over 4 hours now and i love it and the controls lol.
been winning most matches in my last game i had 46 kills and 11 deaths i was in the zone lol

You must let me know where the plasma rifle is ;)

Its not Halo! SMG, LMG, assult rifles, snipers and a beut of a flamethrower. The only scifi weapon which is briefly used is an electricity gun.

i only played the demo for maybe less than 2 minutes it just looked too much like gow for me

can anyone help with the train part. so far iam stuck and this bit f**king sucks ass its s**t arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhh

Any of you guys want to make a proper CS clan and compete for those valour points? Of course its really sad and I'll just laugh at you but if you get one going let us know and I might try it out :eek:

Clio 172
Any of you guys want to make a proper CS clan and compete for those valour points? Of course its really sad and I'll just laugh at you but if you get one going let us know and I might try it out :eek:

dont lie, you will love it! And dont act like you havent been in a clan before :p

cant remember my psn name but will post it up so all us guys can try get in a game together.

LOl, haven't been 'gaming' that long and certaintly closest I got to a clan was using the 'silly' clan tags in call of duty :lol:

There has been much talk of the controller issues, and whilst they are more weighty and realistic than your average arcade shooters some people have also been reporting a lag in the controls. A somewhat odd solution has been mentioned on the net to remove that lag, but obviously the weighty controls remain. For those like me who suffered this lag, go into display settings and change the setting of the cross reduction filter to either on or off. Basically the opposite of what it was! Odd yes but it works! The menu screens are now a lot faster and its easier and less stuttery to aim!

172 phII
How do I pass the palace part?

I am stuck in it and cant find a way forward. I am holding until rocket launcher infantry kicks my ass as I cant find a way threw barricades...

Whats with that invisible guy???

Clio 172
There has been much talk of the controller issues, and whilst they are more weighty and realistic than your average arcade shooters some people have also been reporting a lag in the controls. A somewhat odd solution has been mentioned on the net to remove that lag, but obviously the weighty controls remain. For those like me who suffered this lag, go into display settings and change the setting of the cross reduction filter to either on or off. Basically the opposite of what it was! Odd yes but it works! The menu screens are now a lot faster and its easier and less stuttery to aim!

My way round the controls were to set them to alternate 2 i think it was so L1 is aim (like call of duty) and put my sensitivity up. It plays like a different game! Before i done this i werent to impressed with the controls

I'm probably going to fire this up again this afternoon. I will play around with the controls before getting stuck in. I've already been using an alternate control though. The first one that puts fire on R2.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Had my first online session last night and think it's excellent. Also played more of the campaign, that's non stop fighting.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I see a patch was released for this which is meant to address some control issues, not sure if I notice a difference or not.

Clio 172
I'm probably going to fire this up again this afternoon. I will play around with the controls before getting stuck in. I've already been using an alternate control though. The first one that puts fire on R2.

Havent tried that one, the L1 aim and R1 fire combination do me great!

Citroen DS3 DSport

I tried this setup today and it's far better. Zoom is assigned to the R3 button which is far more natural to use and fire on R2 is far less awkward. I think the setting is Standard 2.

I've just cleared the Academy level.

Sniper rifles are cool with the sixaxis aiming

FWIW you can also change the controls so that aiming is not click on/click off but is more natural like in COD i..e it aims for as long as you hold aim.

Crounching can be toggled in the same way in multiplayer

First thoughts are

A bit jurky
Rubish slowdown/pause when it auto saves.
when being shot , the aiming seems to get very quick and light.
When being shot , the blood spatterd screen makes it hard to see anything.

I tried this setup today and it's far better. Zoom is assigned to the R3 button which is far more natural to use and fire on R2 is far less awkward. I think the setting is Standard 2.

I've just cleared the Academy level.

Yeah it's the first thing I did. Trigger on R2 and 'nades on R1. I didn't play any today at all as I wasn't in the mood to be wound up by a game, especially one that never lets you off the hook.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've made it back to the cruiser ship, the electricity gun on the level prior to that is in a word awesome :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Which stage are you at? I thought you'd have been way ahead of me but I did play quite a bit over the weekend.

Which stage are you at? I thought you'd have been way ahead of me but I did play quite a bit over the weekend.

I've just cleared the section where you first encounter the snipers. Done all that and I think I'm now at some kind of port/station. I've not played it in over a week though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think that's the start of the levels with the annoying spiders. Additions like that to the game annoy me as they offer nothing extra to the gameplay and are clearly only used as a lazy attempt to slow the game down a little. Have you been on the train yet?

No I've cleared the spider stuff. Mostly just ran away IIRC. Smoked the ones I had to. IRRC I'm probably just about to get on some kind of train TBH. Got some shizzle to do this morning, and then I'll definitely be going in this afternoon to blow some heads clean open.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The b*****d spiders continue to appear every so often!! There are some good stages coming up for you, well worth playing.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I got the chance to use a rather good and fun weapon last night but I'll not say any more about it.

God this game gets on my breasts. One minute it's superb, the next minute I have to die a hundred times before I can work out what the f**k he means by "shoot the containers". Really very poor design in places TBPFH. Making a game harder & longer by making you die over and over while each time you look around a bit more to figure out what to do before you die again. Real poor. Slack design.

Still, the train level was pretty good.