ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Killzone 2 IGN 9.4/10

Rinsed it a few times myself now, quite abit shorter than I was led to believe but nonetheless more of the same would only equal win!

Love the twin taped magazines sas style although in reality the game doesn't make use of them i.e you reload just the same each time?

Like the single kill headshot once you have pinged off a helmet

Like the heavy feel to the controls now, it seems this is right and cod4/5 are too easy to aim with a heavy gun?

Loving the green dot sight and death animations. You just want to go back and kill the red eyed helghast!

Not liking the 'loading' pauses, seems a mistake to run it off the blueray disc - patchy please!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm still amazed at how good the enemy AI is. They actually seemed to know where I was and react to what I was about to do. The comments they shout to one another were also good.

SLK 350
Not liking the 'loading' pauses, seems a mistake to run it off the blueray disc - patchy please!

You're playing a demo, which is downloaded and running entirely from your HDD - right?

I'm still amazed at how good the enemy AI is. They actually seemed to know where I was and react to what I was about to do. The comments they shout to one another were also good.

I thought that, until I jumped onto an APC last night, and the guy (despite me being 1ft to his left) didn't react to me at all. Maybe he isn't programmed with the same AI, and was just there as a setpiece. Still detracted though.

Hoff the reviews have all stated the full game runs from blueray and the demo is most likely either showing up these flaws or worse still now its running of HDD it will be worse when it actually runs off the disc.

To think it has those pauses running off HD isn't good imo

SLK 350
Ah, I see - sorry didn't recognise you were speaking of reviewers comments.

To be honest I wholly expected them to follow the MGS route of installing a chapter at a time, that worked well.

Be interesting to see if those daring enough to have installed a 7,200rpm HDD have any better performance.

Installing every chapter did my head in on MGS but that was the least of the issue. Interactive movie yes, game no. And as for someone's comments about konami sign on's etc that was completely retarded I never once ended up playing it online as a result.

9.4 is a cracking score, but still needs to improve to beat its xbox 360 exclusive titles (according to IGN scores anyway!)

Nice to see some decent titles finally reaching the PS3.

What xbox titles does it need to beat ?? Also I have had my ps3 since it came out(just after) and think there have been loads of games. To name a few restance 1/2, uncharted, gta, mgs, cod 4/5, grid, little big planet. Now killzone

What xbox titles does it need to beat ?? Also I have had my ps3 since it came out(just after) and think there have been loads of games. To name a few restance 1/2, uncharted, gta, mgs, cod 4/5, grid, little big planet. Now killzone

EXCLUSIVE...

GTA multiplat, COD 4/5 multiplat, Grid multiplat.

PS3 has some belting exclusives, MGS4, R2, LBP, MotorStorm:pR, Uncharted and soon to be uncharted 2.

9.5 is a cracking score for Halo but it still needs to beat the 10/10 for MGS4.

Anyway back on topic ;)

i never said they were ps3 EXCLUSIVE just good games for the ps3.

exactly we all have the mulitplats so what xbox EXCLUSIVES are better.
there have been loads of decent titles for ps3 and more to come.

Obviously the pair of you didnt read the first sentence in JJ's post that clearly has the word exclusive in it before you spat your dummies out and listed a load of multiplats amongst the PS3 only titles ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
The second part of his post was separate from what he said about exclusives. He did not say "Nice to see some decent exclusive titles finally reaching the PS3."

Lets get this straight, I never said either console was better, but if you go by IGN scores to which this thread it titled, here are the top rated 360 games, you can work out the exclusive ones yourself!!!

ignwh7.jpg

Not reading my posts properly FTL!! ;)

Roy - should I put my spoon away? lol!

not reading my post FTL !!
i never said either console was better. and in my first post i asked a genuine question off which xbox games were better scored. and then listed some games i thought were decent titles imo for the ps3

Scores mean nothing anyway, different magazines seem to like different things! Eurogamer only gave MGR4 an 8, and GOW 2 got a few 8's and 9's.

User reviews are ok, but different gamers like different things so you never get a really good review until you play it yourself!

Mito Sportiva 135
Lets get this straight, I never said either console was better, but if you go by IGN scores to which this thread it titled, here are the top rated 360 games, you can work out the exclusive ones yourself!!!

ignwh7.jpg

Not reading my posts properly FTL!! ;)

Roy - should I put my spoon away? lol!

But that list has GTA at the top, which clearly isn't the case!!! ;)

I have not even bought GTA or Halo 3 yet lol! I'm sure I will get round to it at some point, but all these new releases keep getting in the way!

172cup
ok so i downloaded it. half a level ftl

also, i found it incredibly difficult to accurately aim... that is all. Kind of came away from it going 'meh'

Mito Sportiva 135
GTA does belong at the top if its a list of over hyped boring b****cks.

Yep...never bought the game, I think Fallout 3 is much better proposition for that sort of game, or Far Cry 2.

Back on topic though, Killzone 2 does look quite good, just not amazing in my eyes.

Golf R/Leon FR
played the demo last night, wasnt as impressed as i thought i would be tbh

as said it seems hard to aim accurately

will give it another go later

Shopto are processing my order today should have it tommorow but won't be able to rinse it until the weekend!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah they have emailed me this morning to say it'll be processed today and sent tomorrow for delivery Thurs/Fri.

Citroen DS3 DSport
From shopto forums:

Hi guys.

Got some news for you Anyone that ordered the standard version got good news there getting posted today and they will be in your hands tomorrow unless royal mail mess up.

Anyone that ordered the limited edition will be getting posted tomorrow we have alot of pre-orders to go threw and shopto will be working threw the night to get every order out by tomorrow so you will be playing on thursday.

Thanks alot for your pre-orders

Enjoy the game

Shopto team

MKIII 138
anyone think the GFX are over rated... by quite some margin ?

i mean, ive played some games recently like dark sector that have motion blur, ultra crisp bump mapped textures, lighting and water effect, lots of polys and great animation. Also an oldie like time shift features really crisp textures with plenty of AA & bump mapped with great shadows that actually help the game etc..

couldnt actually find a texture on any PS3 game other than drakes quest that seem crisp up close or having any detail, im sure its a memory issue but even then there isnt hardly any bump mapping (which is great for every single point of the surface looking 3D and perception of every brick / texture fully individually lighted )

also, character models are ok but COD3 beats them as does single player campaign on COD5, you can literally get crawl upto a dead guy and see the texture on the russian hats and individual eyelashes, face detail and clothing items.

the frame rate aint too hot, and on the demo the water effects look very flat and 2D, far cry nails it much better.

TBH on the whole it looks great but in isolation its actually no more special than some other top tier games, its just owns on lighting "effects" i.e lense flare

172 Cup SOLD
I've checked my play.com account and it says it was posted today, so hopefully i'll get it thursday!!!

Phil xbox up close does seem to look better than ps3 due to aa but other than that I would have to disagree with every point you have made, KZ2 looks better than COD5 by a country mile!

MKIII 138
Phil xbox up close does seem to look better than ps3 due to aa but other than that I would have to disagree with every point you have made, KZ2 looks better than COD5 by a country mile!

online COD5 is pretty dire i agree, single player though is different, it seems to render higher and have some great effects and lots of grass, landscape detail..... but, i wasnt comparing environment detail on COD5 to KZ2 they are both simular, im saying that COD3,5 have much better character details.

games like dark sector, timeshift have better textures (nose right upto a wall its still crisp) and environments can be equalled with FO3 and GOW

what im saying is, it doesnt excel in any area, apart from lighting 'effects'

textures on ps3 are generally flat, not bump mapped, there is no AA and seem less polys.

i own both consoles and like both for different reasons but didnt find KZ2 had spectacular GFX when you look at things individually, the guns are pretty smart though i was impressed and id say they are the best example so far of weaponry graphics, halo has it on weapon design ideas though..

it is good, possibly great (when paused) but actually walking about without the lighting effects i think people would be suprised how average they would looks

Citroen DS3 DSport
Graphics and sound were great in the demo but the AI is what sold me on this game as it was the best I've played against on a console FPS.