ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 225 Updates

BMW M135i
Cheers all for the comments :D. Almost finished the next thing today just got a few touches to do in the light tomorrow and i'll get the pics up, will be a bit contraversial methinks. Will try to get it clean and get some decent pics too!

You coming Cosford on Sunday? Gotta go out in this ;)
Who/what/where? Got nothing on that I know of so is deffo a distinct possibility.

BMW M135i
Well I was all set to reveal it when it should have been finished saturday but ran into a little issue that why it was tested twice before installing it now doesn't work :(. So i'm waiting until its working before posting it.

BMW M135i
Finally got it clean and got some decent pics of the ph2 rears

P1010702.JPG

P1010704.JPG

P1010708.JPG

P1010699.JPG

Few other bits and pieces will be coming soon :D

BMW M135i
Right after a few initial problems the prossible contraversial mod has been finished. I'm guessing a few people won't like this and no, theres no reason for having one other than novelty and I wanted one :eek:.

May I present to you, the boost(yo!) gauge.

P1010725.JPG

Now from the outset if I was going to have one I wanted a stepper motor electronic one rather than the usual cheapy ten bob mechanical halfrauds job. First thing that came to mind was a Defi setup but £200+ for just a single gauge wasn't worth it, if I were running several then i'd probably have gone for a defilink setup. So instead I picked up a defi-esk copy for £80 from ebay which does bear a reasonable resemblence.

Got the gauge what must be about 3 weeks ago but haven't been able to get it all in together and operational until now. When I first got it tested everything on the workbench before making the effort of installing it all and it worked perfectly, even just post install hanging in the footwell it worked perfectly. Left it overnight as I ran out of time and was going out and come morning it was dead??? :(. Testing confirmed the sender was dead as as a dodo so then I had to send it back to Taiwan which took a week, then chinese new year took place which added another week followed by another week back to me and i've got it worked this afternoon :D. So bit of a saga but I got there in the end!

Some more pics to do the talking.

P1010731.JPG

P1010734.JPG

P1010737.JPG

P1010740.JPG

P1010742.JPG

P1010744.JPG

P1010746.JPG

P1010749.JPG

P1010751.JPG

P1010752.JPG

P1010753.JPG

Picks a boost feed up tee'd into the dump valve line with a reducing t-piece for the sender here.

P1010714.JPG

P1010715.JPG

And the signal runs through the bulkhead along with my audio 12v feed and the rest of the original wiring.

P1010717.JPG

Didn't (imo) turn out too obtrustively and doesn't completely scream chav so i'm happy with the installation tbh. Haven't been out and tried it in anger yet but seems pretty responsive compared to some of the cheaper stepper gauges i've seen so happy so far.

Quick video of the startup whilst i'm here cos its half cool.

[youtube]kfqKBWS0yhY[/youtube]

And comments and criticisms welcome as ever, this is not the end of the updates to come either got a few other bits and pieces to go on yet so stay tuned!

Megane R26
Love present here!! Great work mate! :)

PS - Can you fit my armrest when I get it please? I'll give your car some love paintwork wise at the same time...?

200 Gordini
Much love from here! I'm in love with this car, you've got everything covered.

Dont sell.

ps. Whats the stars on your display?

BMW M135i
Much love from here! I'm in love with this car, you've got everything covered.

Dont sell.

ps. Whats the stars on your display?

Got an alpine adapter for the display and stalk controls, it worked perfectly with my 9887R but when I changed to the X305 for some reason it displays those stars when turned off. Works perfectly otherwise though which beats me :rolleyes:.

car looks mint, but I would have the gauge mounted more oem stylee
Yeh know what your saying there but I don't know where else it could've gone to still be readable and not need major chopping of stuff. Thats a spare display surround so could remove it very easily and you'd never know it was there. Theres a dude on MS thats done a 3 pod replacement like you can get for scoobs but I haven't got the patience or experience to start playing with fibreglass unfortunately.

Love present here!! Great work mate! :)

PS - Can you fit my armrest when I get it please? I'll give your car some love paintwork wise at the same time...?
Yeh no worries, just give me a shout whenever your ready we'll sort it out. Knew you'd come round to the right way of thinking ;).

Damn straight, its a needy car :rasp:.

ValverInBits
OMG. those gauges are fooking awesome.

You should have filmed the shutdown. It's even cooler than startup
[youtube]I2yWa8WV0bc[/youtube]

where did you buy?

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
Its overrated. Torque ftw!

I couldnt agree more :) I used to love my bodied clio and revving the nuts off it but ive just had my megane trophy remapped at RS tuning and like he said above its all about torque my friend!!! ;)

BMW M135i
Had to do some buying what I need instead of buying what I want for once :(.

P1010813.JPG

Oh yeah, its still sore :dead:.

Still got a few nice shiney bits for it at least.

P1010811.JPG

Thats what a cambelt kit, aux kit, water pump, 2x core plugs, thermostat, 2x cam pulley nuts, crank pulley bolt, oil filter and 10l of type d coolant looks like. Still got 6l of pro s to come from opie oils too. Soon as the weather perks up that little lot will keep me occupied for a while I imagine.

Next is two new front tyres and tax at the end of next month and I finally might be able to sort out the couple of bits I actually want for it. It better damn well appreciate how well its looked after thats for sure!

BMW M135i
Hello what do we have here? ;)

P1010874.JPG

P1010877.JPG

P1010899.JPG

P1010900.JPG

P1010902.JPG

P1010905.JPG

Yes, I am a chav. Got a bit bored of the forge and after hearing one of these on my mates evo I was pretty sold, hopefully should get the flange adapter I need this week so I can get it fitted! Got a few replacement forge silicone hoses to replace the samco ones coming so i'll get some more pics up once its all fitted.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate has that exact (Well, looks exact! lol) HKS on his 200sx and it sounds ace!

BMW M135i
Well looking forward to getting it on tbh, just waiting on the adapter I need to come and its going on with a few other bits and pieces I should get tomorrow. Should (hopefully!) have a decent update tomorrow for once :eek:.

BMW M135i
Any reason for swapping to the Forge hoses over Samco Ben? Where's cheapest for them?
None at all just wanted them all matching and my top boost hose was a little short as it was one of the first ones they made. Should've sent it back straight away in hindsight but too late now, the forge ones are the cheapest ones. They're cheaper than k-tec anyway (surprise!) the do an inlet an top hose for £88 delivered, the ktr ones are that for the inlet hose alone.

BMW M135i
Righto decent update time for once!

Finally got my 25mm adapter for the ssqv from the states, surprised it turned up so fast with all the air chaos this week but very welcome all the same!

P1010915.JPG

P1010918.JPG

Fit the o-ring into the groove in the adapter.

P1010920.JPG

Fit the circlip to the valve stem.

P1010921.JPG

Fit them together and drop the circlip in.

P1010924.JPG

P1010928.JPG

Swapped the forge hoses for the samco ones and fitted the complete SSQV in place of the forge valve.

P1010940.JPG

P1010941.JPG

P1010944.JPG

P1010945.JPG

P1010950.JPG

Took it for a quick spin at this point and all seems honky dory, well pleased with it all the noise it makes :evil:. Very different but I like it :D.

More to come in a mo!

BMW M135i
Then I started on swapping my milltek backbox for a k-tec direct replacement, got it jacked and started to take the bumper off.

P1010953.JPG

Ta daa!

P1010955.JPG

The old milltek box, looking rather manky if I do say so myself. Still nothing some polish won't sort out :).

P1010957.JPG

Off it came with its extra bracket.

P1010962.JPG

Definetly in need of a good spruce up.

P1010959.JPG

Comparing the import things between the two ;).

P1010964.JPG

P1010971.JPG

And chucked the ktec one on.

P1010972.JPG

Aligned it and dropped it to the deck all finished.

P1010975.JPG

P1010979.JPG

P1010980.JPG

Got a couple of cheeky vids I need to upload to youtube, will try to get some rolling ones soon and will post them up!

C&C welcome as ever.

Nothing at the mo :(
my future purchase is deff a meg RS :D Il wait til a few yeasr when the misses complains the clio is to small then a megane RS it will be :p

BMW M135i
Ace that mate. I had a HKS on my old Megane and it sounded nuts. Specially with the blanking plate!:D
Very happy with it atm, don't think it dumps as much air as the forge did either so theres no dip in power between gears now either with i'm well pleased about :D.

ValverInBits
I had a mate with an SSQV, but we both agreed we didn't like the sound. Less like a forge ccchhhhhsssttt, the SSQV made a sound like cheeeee.

lol.

Anyways, they perform very well indeed.