ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ITB'd 172 cup fast road/ track car project

Trafic 140dci
How much for the f1s mate,have sent you a pm.
hi mate i pm'd you back but for anyone else interested they can be found here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...h-yokohama-prada-spec-2&p=8002906#post8002906

had a great day at snetterton, loved the car, was so fast, only thing that let it down was me haha for 2 reasons, i was turning too early into corners as if i was on a bike, and i really didn't get on with the yokohama prada spec-2, couldn't get any grip with them, but all in all had a good day, was good to meet some people off here once the girlfriend had gone home :)

anyway here are some pictures of the day:

LMP_2482_Blue.jpg

LMP_2867_Blue.jpg

LMP_2871_Blue.jpg

LMP_3126_Blue.jpg

LMP_3129_Blue.jpg

LMP_3200_Blue.jpg

LMP_3405_Blue.jpg

LMP_3709_Blue.jpg

fitted my Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's in Anthracite tonight, but was dark so didn't get a picture, but they look lush :)

thanks

lewis

Trafic 140dci
yeah there are some pictures on here been really busy so will do an update in 2 weeks roughly as i've got new wheels on it, and i have a variety of parts on the way (182 manifold + Decat, Oreca group N exhaust, 30m of heat wrap, Brembo HC disks, Ferrado DS2500 pads, Goodridge hoses and aerocatch's so i can remove my slam panel) so got a very busy couple of weeks, need to get the brakes done, get the car MOT'd then i can have my new exhaust system fitted, so will report back once thats all done :D

Trafic 140dci
Nowt wrong with Spec-2s, they do go 'off' a bit after you've put a grand on em though
yeah they were alright, but not my personal preference, i know alot of people are big fans of them, but my t1r's that were a smaller profile on my bigger 16" rims were ALOT better and there's no 2 ways about it from me, noticed it as soon as i put the 15's on tbh

clio 172
i think the clio you have is our lasses old cup she put the standard 172 wheels on it but they were silver at the time wen she had it

Trafic 140dci
post man has brought me some goodies....

photo-22.jpg

Doing the front disks and pads tomoro, gonna rebuild and clean my rear calipers as i don't think they are working too well and the pads and disks are in good enough condition

MOT on friday, hopefully should recieve my new exhaust system soon, 182 manifold and decat so i can get them on early next week :)

Trafic 140dci
some pictures of my car at the EA meet at eye airfield, first pictures of it rocking my new Anthracite Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's with Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyres, very happy with these wheels:

IMG_8305.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

IMGP6584.jpg

IMGP6592.jpg

IMGP6594.jpg

thanks to Rich (LiquidYellow182) and Scott (Sah) for the pictures was a good day was good to put some faces to the names :)

Rich also got a lush picture of my ITB's which was on the thread for the day if anyone wants to see, but he didnt send me that one so i cant put it on here

TrackCar & F30 330d
Are you fitting the areo catches yourself? It was a right ball ache when I fitted mine to my metal bonnet. A decent dremmle helps

Maybe a 172 Cup..
How are you getting on with Rainsports mate?? Watching this closely, liking a lot.. (pref. Turinis if honest)

Trafic 140dci
Are you fitting the areo catches yourself? It was a right ball ache when I fitted mine to my metal bonnet. A decent dremmle helps

yeah gonna try, going to use a jigsaw and a metal cutting blade (if i can get one) as i thought it would be easier to manover, the bit i'm most concerned about is the setting out, because i want to put the pin in a certain place under the bonnet, dont know how i'm going to get the catch in the right place...

How are you getting on with Rainsports mate?? Watching this closely, liking a lot.. (pref. Turinis if honest)

on the road they seem good to be honest, haven't really given them a good test on bends or in the rain yet so can't comment to much.

brake disks, pads, goodridge lines and racing super blue brake fluid done today by my self (which is an achievement for me.. i'm no mechanic lol) car is currently in to be MOT'd (and to have the mechanic do the rear lines as i couldn't get them off :eek: fingers crossed the car passes :) new exhaust next week hopefully :)

Trafic 140dci
pics of new brakes :) very proud of myself for doing them myself :) brembo HC disks and Ferrado DS2500 pads :)

IMG_1269.jpg

my 182 manifold heat wrapped and decat ready for when my new exhaust comes :)

IMG_1268.jpg

and some pictures of my car in the sunset lol

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

passed the MOT too :)

ph1 172
Looks very good Lewis:)

Will be interesting to see how much the power is increased with the manifold and decat in November on the rolling road!

Trafic 140dci
Looks very good Lewis:)

Will be interesting to see how much the power is increased with the manifold and decat in November on the rolling road!
was thinking that too, but my base figure of 192bhp was on TDF's rolling road and i know different roads give different results, so could even come up less :/

Golf GTD Mk7
was thinking that too, but my base figure of 192bhp was on TDF's rolling road and i know different roads give different results, so could even come up less :/

I'd be surprised if it makes any difference without mapping, but hope it does mate ;)

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
I'd be surprised if it makes any difference without mapping, but hope it does mate ;)
i know what you mean, just cant justify getting it mapped atm just for a new manifold and decat lol will eventually get a new map once i've saved up enough for 421's :)

Trafic 140dci
fitted aerocatch's today, WHAT A CHORE! lol a jigsaw is not ideal, made a meal of it tbh, looks alright from the outside, under the bonnet is not so good, not to bothered as eventually i will be fitting a carbon fibre bonnet as mine is ruined, still haven't recieved my new exhaust so not to happy about that, here are the aerocatch pictures, aren't to good as the light was bad

6188875979_dfd6df1c6a.jpg

6188873071_665f02b171.jpg

Trafic 140dci
I've read this before and only just realised i met you at the airfield meet :)

Do you know where you got the rear wiper blade blank from? cheers.
someone was selling them on ebay, i'm not overly impressed by it and am planning to make my own with the standard one and spray it black/blue to make it look a bit more oem

Trafic 140dci
Oreca Group N exhaust arrived today, despite people saying they have poor welds it doesn't look to bad, car is booked in for friday, cant wait to have it fitted and have that lush raspy noise, as appose to the drone of my piper exhaust :)

also as its been my week off went down the beach, 28 degree's at the end of september! cant be bad, another chance for some shots of the car :) (only iphone pictures sorry!)

6192186032_4626db9db1_b.jpg

6191666045_7482e9b48f_b.jpg

6192183290_eb29fc4d3e_b.jpg

Trafic 140dci
little update, car now has a 182 manifold, decat and oreca group n race exhaust, and i must say the combination of all 3 has changed the car, about the same db on idle, but when casually driving alot quieter, yet when you nail it the sound is lush, pop's and bangs are much loader now, very happy, just looks horrible as i have a recessed bumper, so on the hunt for a new bumper.

today i decided to make an MDF floor for the back of my car, just to make it look a bit nicer when it isn't on the track, easy job seeing as i'm a chippy by trade :)

so started off by scribing some MDF into the shape of the wheel arch's of the back of the car

6246496843_055329381e_b.jpg

6247021084_5b47cfd1d2_b.jpg

once i was happy with these i transfered it onto a full sheet, went to put it into car, and then i hit a problem...

the full size was approx 1220x1300 (roughly this is off top of my head) and it wouldn't fit into the car, which annoyed me as i'd of liked to got a full sheet in, so anyway spit it and joined them together, i also added some 100mm edge's to stop stuff sliding into front.

6246500807_fc1069ef3a_b.jpg

just need to get some carpet to line it with and it will be done, but that's another weekend's job

so anyway thought i'd give the car a good wash, polish, was & sealant ready for winter

the saying "making the best of a bad job" applies hear... my front bumper and bonnet are completely f*cked, and my rear bumper is recessed with nothing in it so i'm probably wasting my time, but i do like it looking nice :)

6246502867_ca76723ac2_b.jpg

6247027466_01a1d878e7_b.jpg

6247029150_40d7f16418_b.jpg

6247030616_b3ab1a33ee_b.jpg

a reflection shot...

6247032162_2995b100d1_b.jpg

6246510845_2d0e128343_b.jpg

6246512737_ec61b8ebbf_b.jpg

another reflection shot, bonus points to anyone who can tell my house number ;)

6246514299_31a8f96caf_b.jpg

i have a set of Bilstein B14's, new gearbox and solid engine mounts on the way, i'd also like to do a oil and spark plug service my self and carpet the near all by 6th nov ready for EOE rolling road meet :)

thanks

lewis

172 Cup
Looks very nice mate.

Will you be selling that bumper? I have a recessed bumper which I had resprayed then some fool managed to scratch the side of it 2weeks later & I've got more marks from people dragging things out my boot when we went camping.

Trafic 140dci
Looks very nice mate.

Will you be selling that bumper? I have a recessed bumper which I had resprayed then some fool managed to scratch the side of it 2weeks later & I've got more marks from people dragging things out my boot when we went camping.
thanks mate, yes but the bumper had marks on it, so you'd be better getting your's sprayed

172 Exclusive No:069
Ive got Rainsport 2's on my Evo 6 mate. Very grippy and the same in the wet. Using Yokohama S-Drives on my Clio 172. Had them on my Nova GSi and couldn't fault them. Nice read and project you have here.
Mark

Trafic 140dci
Ive got Rainsport 2's on my Evo 6 mate. Very grippy and the same in the wet. Using Yokohama S-Drives on my Clio 172. Had them on my Nova GSi and couldn't fault them. Nice read and project you have here.
Mark
thanks mate, i'm very happy with the RS2's aswell, like you say really grippy and i found them amazing in the wet, think these will be a good tyres untill spring then i can get some R888's :)

Trafic 140dci
cheers for all the comments, i'm not saying to much, but i've just been offered a STUPIDLY cheap R26 and i'm hopefully looking at it next week, wasn't planning on changing car for a few years as yet as i'm in love with my clio cup, and have loads planned for it, but i cant miss a deal like this :)