ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new (to me) 172 Cup

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Hi gents,

Picked this up on Monday evening, not had chance to give it a proper thrashing yet but feels very go-kart-y! Intended use is a toy/track car, hoping to get a cage and spare set of wheels sorted asap so I can get my ass to Cadwell park and play with some Evos and Scoobys :D

All pretty standard to look at until I can find some time to get handy with the carbon fibre (done a few bits for my mountain bike in the past), but pics are below anyway...

Upgrades (done by previous owner(s)) are:

AVO GTX coilies
Corbeau Revolution seats
Schroth Harnesses
Brembo HC front discs and Carbone Lorraine pads
K-Tec engine mounts
15" OZ F1s
Momo wheel and OMP boss
K-Tec panel filter
Wireless tyre pressure/temperature monitor (feels like I'm in The Fast and the Furious, lol)
Front towing eye

clio1.jpg

clio2.jpg

clio3.jpg

clio4.jpg

clio5.jpg

clio6.jpg

clio7.jpg

Cheers!
Adam

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
  clio 182
How did you manage to find history about the car? i bought mine and already had stickers on it, was wondering if anybody here has had it hmmmm

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Someone I know recognised the extra stitched logos on the seats, turns out he knows the previous previous owner!

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Thanks gents. Mark - all in good time! Everything will have to come out when I put a cage in, so it probably won't go back in...

Sore Subject
Hi mate it is ashw831 (off golfgtiforum) is a nice looking beast that!! you need to get some more weight out of it yet though there is far too much in there - that tyre sensor must weigh like 10 grams or some thing lol!!!

i think you should bring it to anglesey on the 29th - you can compare it to ours then ;-) ;-)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate, very purposeful.

The toe eye is letting the side down a little, nipple ring should I say.

Should be a lot of fun on track.

Sore Subject
skills.....???:S yeah we are lucky, we dont need it to be MOT passable so can almost do what we want (as long as it stays safe!!!)
where you getting your cage from mate??

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
skills.....???:S yeah we are lucky, we dont need it to be MOT passable so can almost do what we want (as long as it stays safe!!!)
where you getting your cage from mate??
Yeah I'm too much of a pussyto go buggering about with electrics and alternators and stuff! Maybe one day...

Cage should be arriving from Mark Fish next week sometime :)

Looks very nice mate!
Jealous.. I want a Cup now :(
Thanks! Really enjoying it... defo worth a look next time you change car I reckon :approve:

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Sweet, didn't know about them, will have to get myself to the next one :) Cheers!

Clio 1.2 16v
ah i have a similar keyring from mbuk on my key ring haha, and when you said you mountain bike, i thought it would be one of them:)