ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Z3M Coupe

HA! I wondered if the owner would post up on here!

I'm literally just down the road from where you turned off.

Didn't realise you were behind me until Thackley corner. Looks amazing on the road, when I saw the vents poking out the side I grinned like a girl.

Give me a shout if you fancy a run out in the summer.

V6 255
I just live back past the commercial pub, just go through the S bend (obviously ;) ), then turn right to miss out the speed humps.

Fierny pointed me this way a I posted you up on PH spotted, couldn't believe it when he said there was a thread on here...m

Definitely go for a drive sometime, though new born is only 3 weeks old so when I'm Allowed out to play...

If you're ever about I'd love a nosey though, just read the thread and it's awesome, though can't believe you got hit (well can as that junction can be a bit dodgy where people park, just double yellow it)

EDIT - also saw the video under the runway. Standard noise test place, its where I take people who want a passenger ride in the Vee

Last edited:
I just live back past the commercial pub, just go through the S bend (obviously ;) ), then turn right to miss out the speed humps.

Fierny pointed me this way a I posted you up on PH spotted, couldn't believe it when he said there was a thread on here...m

Definitely go for a drive sometime, though new born is only 3 weeks old so when I'm Allowed out to play...

If you're ever about I'd love a nosey though, just read the thread and it's awesome, though can't believe you got hit (well can as that junction can be a bit dodgy where people park, just double yellow it)

EDIT - also saw the video under the runway. Standard noise test place, its where I take people who want a passenger ride in the Vee

Literally cannot believe there has been a Vee owner so ridiculously close to me for so long.

Congrats on the new born, and you are most welcome to come and have a nosey round or a drive out whenever you like. The old girl is playing silly b******s at the moment so i'm in the process of sorting a cold-start idle issue, but when you get some time away from the little one give me a shout and we'll go play.

V6 255
Literally cannot believe there has been a Vee owner so ridiculously close to me for so long.

Congrats on the new born, and you are most welcome to come and have a nosey round or a drive out whenever you like. The old girl is playing silly b*****ds at the moment so i'm in the process of sorting a cold-start idle issue, but when you get some time away from the little one give me a shout and we'll go play.

To be fair I've only had it since last summer, but used to have a 200 before that. In fact I've just had a flashback from when I was following you once in the 200 coming off Apperley Lane (the one coming up from the canal with the speed bumps) and you gunned it at the top to head towards Thackley and you went very sideways. Caught it though and I was very impressed

Looked good this morning Tom!

(Crap pic alert)

3F321EEA-D399-43B7-BF31-9D16202DB26D-2699-00000087F42DF1F4_zps7b405d4a.jpg

Haha it looked immense! I was in the blue VW van giving you the thumbs up. My mate was like wtf is that?! That is a cliosport member was my reply lol

Changed the tie rod ends yesterday, however I did forget how many turns it took to remove one of them and the tracking is now completely on the piss. I am a moron. Its booked in for an oil service Friday anyway so i'll have it aligned then.

Before:
8840196063_20cf8e2859_z.jpg

After:
8840193431_4bbe1e097a_z.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
That looks awesome.

I need to get one of these kits for my E30. How easy was it to do?

That looks awesome.

I need to get one of these kits for my E30. How easy was it to do?

Its surprisingly simple to do.

I applied the dye neat to the worst areas then wiped off the excess from the good leather so that the scratches and cracks were filled, then diluted the mix very slightly and gave the whole bolster a few passes.

Having said that, on trying the lower leg bolster I just couldn't get the finish right, It either looked streaky from the sponge application, or I would apply too hard and end up wiping away some lower layers of die leaving a big hole in the finish. Gave up in the end. The nice thing about it being water based, is if you mess up, it just comes off with a damp cloth.

f**k me that's a good repair! Proper wicked work.

Get on that strut with a wirebrush and some spray hammerite man!

I'll tidy up the underside sometime soon, the paintwork on the drivers side is my next priority though. Some surface bubbling coming through that I want to get stopped before it goes further.

​No huge progress, but sorted a few small things like a new set of genuine side grill badges after the previous "genuine" set I bought went downhill rapidly (and never fit quite right).

Re-hung the right-hand eisenmann as it had started to drop a little.

New set of rear tyres.

Anyway, the weatherman said today was going to be blue sky up in the dales so I thought I'd take the opportunity for a spin out on the last day of my holidays, before its back to the boring work commute.

Of course it was perma-drizzle for the entire trip.

9653507227_81137c65be_o.jpg

9653507435_4572c21779_o.jpg

9656743184_5b5c4402e0_o.jpg

Tom

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I do love these things- I even like it's red, I've been pining over another red car recently!

Italian 3.2 V6
Dat ting has a wide ass!!

[video=youtube_share;cMJe0BDmI30]http://youtu.be/cMJe0BDmI30[/video]

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I think one of these will be coming soon. The missus can use the 182 and I can have best of both worlds.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Really lovely cars these, I'm starting to think I prefer the Z3 to Z4 now too in coupe form.

I actually passed one that looks very similar to yours on my way to Leeds Saturday and looking at your profile I'm wondering was it you?

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Thanks man.

I work in Leeds so there's every chance it was me. There aren't any other red M Coupes locally that i'm aware of.

No problem, it's a lovely car.

I was sat behind it in the 50 zone having a good old look. The guy driving had grey hair (and I have no idea what you look like). If it wasn't you there's another mint one around

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Love this car!
Where did you buy the scuffmaster kit mate? Could you pm me? Was it easy?!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Only 500?!

There were over 6000 built discounting the roadster.

Had no idea so many people saw that magazine. Been getting facebook messages about it left right and centre.

Only 500?!

There were over 6000 built discounting the roadster.

Nope.

European right hand drive S50 engine: 821 built

I actually told the journalist there were about 500 left, but that must have been interpreted as how many made.

Howmanyleft.co.uk thinks there are 413 taxed and 90 SORN'd as of Q2 2013.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
That's a blinkered way of looking at it when their biggest market was for LHD cars.