ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New beast!!

Collected it today been on the lookout for a while, its a late 1991 J plate (has a mint private plate on it though), 106k full service history with masses of receipts, the later better 200tdi lump, highlift kit (Springs and shocks), 4 ton power winch, proper snorkel, huge f**k off wheels and 'grizzly claw' tyres. Its in mint very original condition and I ve cleaned it up this afternoon and its come up very well.
Will get some more pics when I get it muddy :D

landyloopnoplatesvp2.jpg

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
sweet - my mate bought one last year as a project...had a 2.5 diesel in it and he has just bought a V6 to put in it plus a load of other stuff

i remember you saying you wanted something quicker.

nicely done

Lol get piss off! I think its got the same suspension fitted as the FPM seems a similar ride height.

proper offroader...... now get offroading

Thats the plan, although a few little niggles to sort first -its already marked its territory all over dad's new bricket drive LOL.

How much did you pay for it?

WOuld love something like that, just to say I'd owned one!

Its worth somewhere around £3k (I didn't pay that though lol), what attracted me to this one was all the kit on it.

sweet - my mate bought one last year as a project...had a 2.5 diesel in it and he has just bought a V6 to put in it plus a load of other stuff

Parts are so cheap, this a project, my brother though really.
This has the 2.5 Turbo Diesel in it, its not as slow as I was expecting but it sure isn't quick, im hoping it will do 25mpg.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Sick of people laughing at the size of your car?

That beast must be for Dorset because i can't see it being much use in Notts, unless you're going to drop 26's on it ;)

Sick of people laughing at the size of your car?

That beast must be for Dorset because i can't see it being much use in Notts, unless you're going to drop 26's on it ;)

Lol,
they probably are 26" overall considering the tyre profile atm! Nah it won't be going anywhere Nottingham!

Drop it around Rich's house for a detail! lol
You PC'd the thing lol?? Why??

He would be horrified! I did the bonnet with the PC as it was heavily oxidised and I wanted to get a shine back on it, single stage paint though so the pad went blue!

looks like a good laugh, bomb proof too! :approve:

haha that looks like real good fun!

Its great, not brilliant on the road but it begs to be driven slowly which is good for the mpg and license! In an age of speed cameras and police cars everywhere its amazing to find somewhere where you can bomb around a muddy field all day full of obstacles for just £25! The marshalls even pull you out when you get stuck! Best fun i ve had in a car for ages!

Polo Bluemotion
Loving it AlexS!!

Id certainly recommend everyone has a nosy at the galleries on the website that Alex posted!! That place looks awesome!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You could fit the lupo inside it! lol

Amazin things, we had a S1 many moons ago for the hills. used to pull 40+k rangy's out the mud! ha!

Cheers.

The winch's speciality is towing out japcrap.

Nope.

I spend most of my time towing out LRs (or just towing them!) ;) nice truck btw

Lol, I did tow out a few mickey mouse Jap vehicles! To be honest though if you have the right tyres and a decent lift kit you can have alot of fun in most things. There was a very capable hilux up there but the Suzuki vitara on road tyres not so much!

Loving it AlexS!!

Id certainly recommend everyone has a nosy at the galleries on the website that Alex posted!! That place looks awesome!!

Its a really good site and theres some very decent kit up there. There was a Defender the same as ours with £27k's worth of receipts!

You could fit the lupo inside it! lol

Amazin things, we had a S1 many moons ago for the hills. used to pull 40+k rangy's out the mud! ha!

I could probably drive under it if I got some coilovers!

One of my best mates has several S1's, they are great fun, bit bumpy though. He's currently hunting for a v8 S1 hybrid on coils :D

MKIII 138
this what i cant understand about rallying and offroading in general its way more interesting than F1 yet not on TV or in the media almost extinct :(