ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New SM Intakes via group buy.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Maybe standard cams are better than 197 cams with the manifold? Would be a good comparison.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Maybe standard cams are better than 197 cams with the manifold? Would be a good comparison.
I could do with knowing the answer to this.
I'm intending to get one of these manifolds in the future, and with my cambelt now due I need to know wether it's worth chucking 197 cams in at the same time

dan's cast offs.
I might try and get an overlay of a few different cars that have been done.

Shame they dicked me around when I was talking to them about being a distributor as would of had back to back runs done with the two different inlets on the same car.

Get my cup back from andy tomorrow afternoon, 240bhp 210lbs of torque, took up his stage 1 offer as it was £600 off normal price.

Thought id let him have a play with the inlet to see what him and efi come up with, they too had a ballache with the injectors position. Sorry andy.

Excuse the scruffy engine top, not had chance to paint up yet.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Get my cup back from andy tomorrow afternoon, 240bhp 210lbs of torque, took up his stage 1 offer as it was £600 off normal price.

Thought id let him have a play with the inlet to see what him and efi come up with, they too had a ballache with the injectors position. Sorry andy.

Excuse the scruffy engine top, not had chance to paint up yet.

View attachment 162084 View attachment 162085
Looks awesome, any chance you can take some pics of the routing of the boost pipes going to the inlet.

Yeah sure thing, ill have a bash tomorrow once i get her home after work, id imagine the one going into the inlet is going to the one parallel, its killing me knowing i have to wait

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I've just ordered mine, currently in touch with efi to get it mapped, I want the air filter to sit in front of the battery because I have a caf leading there.
I have bda induction kit currently but that just won't fit,
Can anyone give me an idea what kind of hose would suit not sure on the angle of bend I would need as I doubt a straight one would suit.

I have one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390629059729
It fits in front of the battery but seems on the small side I don't want to choke the car and lose power or im I being paranoid.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I could do with knowing the answer to this.
I'm intending to get one of these manifolds in the future, and with my cambelt now due I need to know wether it's worth chucking 197 cams in at the same time
I know its slightly different, but the RS2 was designed to work with a standard engine. Maybe this is the same?
Mine has 197 cams but that's on a custom timing setup.

When its time for a belt change I think I'll go back to standard cams/timing with a ported head.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I've just ordered mine, currently in touch with efi to get it mapped, I want the air filter to sit in front of the battery because I have a caf leading there.
I have bda induction kit currently but that just won't fit,
Can anyone give me an idea what kind of hose would suit not sure on the angle of bend I would need as I doubt a straight one would suit.

I have one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390629059729
It fits in front of the battery but seems on the small side I don't want to choke the car and lose power or im I being paranoid.
you will need a 15 degree hose with long legs . it will need to be cut down a little. ASH sell it. you will then also need to cut the bracket a little by the head light.

Not yet, its in the car, not getting it until tomorrow now as his recovery driver cant make it down my end until tomorrow afternoon, abit concerned but he says itl be on his driveway all night.

dan's cast offs.
done new one with straight as well. the one pictured has got a chunk of the panel cut away as you can see the filter is bloody massive!!

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Does the size of the filter matter ?
The ramair one I have seems small to me
Im going to buy a straight and a 15 degree so whoever is right ill send the other as a prize lol

dan's cast offs.
done new one with straight as well. the one pictured has got a chunk of the panel cut away as you can see the filter is bloody massive!!

Might not bother some, but it'd be a shame if someone less willing to dremel their chassis bought a straight bit of hose without knowing...

quoted myself there for you just to show where i'd already said about cutting due to the size of the filter:wink:

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Just an observation, but the throttle body seems to be attached in 3 different positions to the inlet in the images above. Is that likely to matter at all, or have no impact?

@optical the coolant hoses arent the way i thought, abit dark now to take a pic but they are done the same direction yours is, but cos my fan is on the other side of the rad the pipes are parrallel under the inlet as there is more room now

Oh yeah ha sorry, urm i really dont know, its the later version of inlet, was hoping to get more bhp but the torque on the n/a engine are low with the SM anyway so not really that suprised. Pulls well, just need a diff now

dan's cast offs.
would be interesting to drive one running low boost to see how it compares to one on standard inlet, shame you didn't have graphs with both as a comparison.

Look on andy instagram as hes put an explaination of the torque band, says its dropped in the mid range, but towards the end its gained alot more than standard inlets where the boost dies down

dan's cast offs.
they do seem to work well top end that's for sure. mine picked up well after 5,000 then when we put cams in and billet flywheel it picked up a hell of a lot quicker, just wanted to keep revving. set the limiter at 7,900rpm. temped to stick 197/200 crank, rods and pistons in it, arp bolts on and up it a bit more just for a laugh:tonguewink: