ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nick172Cup's Renault Clio DCI 65 project thread (ish).

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
PM TonkaTruck, he's done his easy enough whilst in the bay.

iv only ever done them outside the bay. locking tools are fairly cheap , way cheaper than F4R ones !

cambelt- aux= tensioner ( if its done looner miles ) service kit, i would say 200 all in or a tad more

So another 5 years taken off my lifespan yesterday...

Decided that really I do need to start making an effort to fix this car so spent a couple of hours yesterday removing pretty much all the interior.

IMG_0760_zps6c897239.jpg

IMG_0759_zpscb889b60.jpg

IMG_0763_zps184f6ed9.jpg

IMG_0762_zps5361e2ad.jpg

IMG_0761_zps8b7d9d29.jpg

Plus 3 bin bags of wet, actual s**t smelling carpet and under foam stuff. Rear bench is still in as the bolt holding it in is seized and now rounded, so I need to source an angle grinder for that.

Plus points though! I found £4.26 in coins in and under various carpet/trim that went straight into a pot of coke overnight so that hopefully it'll of killed all disease.

IMG_0765_zps137ca71f.jpg

Also found out it had aftermarket speakers throughout which is a bit of a bonus, shame they were terribly bodged in to work. So will look into maybe wiring and mounting these up properly when the interior goes back in.

IMG_0764_zps3c6f190e.jpg

Plans today are to fix where the leak is coming from, I thought it was leaking from the bulkhead like the Cup did, removed that yesterday and was clear. So whipping out the arch liners today to see if its clogged up behind there blocking the drainage tubes coming for the sunroof. Arch liners and foglights will be staying out, going to strip as much uneeded stuff from this car to make light, yet habitable (eventually anyway!) in the hope MPG will be further improved!

Cheers
Nick

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
It will be the sunroof Nick, my girlfriends dci did the same, in the end I gave up and tiger sealed the s**t out of it, looks like a terrible job I did....but it works :D