ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not another one (EK9 content)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Really is a good example you have mate. We were always planning to do a Trophy/EK9 and another mate with a P1 shoot but never got round to it, sadly.

Mine was completely cherished...before Sir_Dave got his hands on it. Can't see me selling for some time (although I've been looking at VX220's :quiet:), so I'll continue putting on the miles.

You're only in Reading so I may well be up for that at some point if you still wanted to once I've sorted out a proper detail and a couple of other things I want to tidy up on it.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You're only in Reading so I may well be up for that at some point if you still wanted to once I've sorted out a proper detail and a couple of other things I want to tidy up on it.

Sounds good mate. Just give me a shout when it's all ready.

I'm rigging up a gliderail this weekend, so will need a JDMesque car to get the full effect ;)

Will keep you posted.

A few quick shots I took tonight to shut Gally up in the meantime, low light, no tripod, noob photographer and shot in 5 minutes (spend more time switching plates than snapping) so keep the artistic critique to yourselves ;)

5941113546_99c242455a_z.png

5940556175_863c9349bc_z.png

5941117000_2a83e9b45a_z.png

5941118672_7dc939fb6a_z.png

5940561281_1b80aafbb0_z.png

5941121628_abf04087fc_z.png

5941123300_eb3dcf3c84_z.png

Megane 225 F1
<3

Lovely. Makes me want one but not at the same time as I know I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I was putting 15k a year on it.

I am intending on winding the coils down a bit but you see that drain cover in the shot at the front of the car? The tarmac was contoured to feed it so that makes it look a little high due to where the car is parked.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! I never mentioned pics you asw!

Oh looks facking immense btw!

This shots looks very jap/yank...

545d9d82-a460-e9f6.jpg

Love it mate and just a tad jealous! :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lovely looking car BTW si. Really really like them. (Just not sure I can get to grips with the value of them! lol)

53 Clio's & counting
Is it just me or does having the jap plates on make a f**king lovely car look every more f**king great?

Love it, looks stunning :)

Lovely looking car BTW si. Really really like them. (Just not sure I can get to grips with the value of them! lol)

Cheers mate, I know what you mean about the "JDM Tax" and to an extent I agree. That said the way I look at is that I'll get that back when the time comes to sell it so it's just money that's tied up rather than thrown down the drain.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The price i must say is way over the top,but anyone who buys one and looks after it,like this one will see a safe return on their money i believe.

Nah just a local trading estate, not the most interesting backdrop but it's nearby and I couldn't be arsed to spend ages driving somewhere and faffing about seeing as I really need to get a tripod for decent shots anyway.

Charged Superleggera
looks really good si. glad your servicing it with the best stuff as well. Starting to miss mines abit now lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
we need a west country jdm meet lol call it *NO ROTAS* lol! got a car rig i have never used which could be fun to play with.

Will no doubt sort a non CS CS meet at some point, will probably end up being in the spring.

Quick update, sadly no pics as I didn't have the camera to hand and in all honesty who wants to see pics of me doing basic servicing work on the car.

Oil and filter changed - Spoon magnetic sump bung fitted.
Gearbox oil changed - Spoon magnetic drain bung fitted.
Coolant drained and renewed along with a new stat and seal fitted to remedy the slight leak I had on the stat housing.

Gearbox definitely feels a slicker shift with the new oil in.

EDFC still not connected up, realised the time serts I had were the wrong thread size so will have to source some of the correct thread and get them fitted. I may put a video up of it in action when I've got round to it. Also need to get myself a Tein C spanner to wind the coilovers down a touch.

Now SORN :dapprove:

Hopefully this will give me a chance while it's off the road from the winter away from the evil salt we insist on throwing all over the roads I'll get a chance to buy a few bits and pieces and update this thread some more.

I've managed to blag a loan of a family members car that rarely gets used thankfully. If not I'd have been in the market for literally a £200 snotter with 6 months tax/MOT left on it, any cash spent on a second motor would come out of the pot for things on the EK and more importantly paying the b*****d mortgage and ever increasing fuel/utility bills.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You worry about bills? I'd hate to be poor.... ;)

Only reason I ask is that I get loads of bangers coming in px so if you do want anything, let me know. I just sold a mate a L reg cavalier 1.7td with 102k on it, 8m t&t, £60!! Drove (slowly) really well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love old bangers like that. Simply worth f**k all but can always do a job for someone!

We had one at work. M reg on 240k miles! Epic machine and so s**t!

Lol for that money Dan I may well give you a shout if the loaner becomes a nuisance. There's a certain appeal to having something that you wouldn't give a s**t if some c**t opened a door on in a carpark for a change.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
got anything rwd coming up daniel?? i fancy having something with a welded diff for winter lol!

Yeah, long story will be up when I update this in the next few weeks. I've had a lot on my plate at work and at home lately so it's all been a little sidetracked. Battery was toast having sat for 6 months so a new one was fitted and I drove it straight to the MOT and it sailed through without a single advisory.

Precursor to an update in the next few weeks but the EK is going to be up for sale at some point in August. A couple of you on here already know that it was on the cards, the plan was to enjoy using it over the summer but the weather has ruined even that for me.

In the next few weeks the car will be having a service, scuff on the splitter painted and a full detail before being advertised for sale. Gutted to see it go but I've got a company car now and it seems a complete waste having it parked up not being used.