ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not another one (EK9 content)

What about some Rota's?

No? Ok, i'll get my coat....

What these?

svn_3.jpg

No thanks.

Not much to update in terms of progress other than it's getting driven. One piece of s**t double din JDM head unit (which weighed a ton) is out and my Alpine in. Started ordering service bits in to give the car a good going over next month, replacing all the filters and fluids, coolant and a fresh stat and have a set of spoon magnetic drain bungs for the engine and gearbox on the way too.

Some stickers arrived this week too, no doubt Turner will give his opinion on where to locate them.

5846408698_1961b79b9b_b.png

5845853611_c9a02400dc_b.png

At some point once it's been detailed I'll get some some decent pics of the car up. Should have removed the rear foglight by then too. I'm pretty much decided this car is going to get tucked away over the winter to protect it from the salt, having poked around underneath it on a ramp for the first time properly today it's stupidly clean underneath and I don't want to ruin it by running it in the winter regardless of getting it undersealed.

RB One Eight Two
At first I wasn't sold on these at all. Then my mate bought one and that all changed. Amazing cars.

Yours looks like a mint example. Enjoy it :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I like, not sure on the stickers, around be left uber clean n plain imo... But I'll reserve judgement

That interior looks bloody spot on, recaros are in great condition.

The Type One stickers always look good under amber repeaters imo.

Had already ruled out fitting them on wings. May just go on the underside of the bonnet but if any/all end up on the exterior it'll most likely be bootlid and central on front splitter or bootlid + front of the sideskirts below the front wings.

72.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I never "got" that spoiler.

I don't care how "scene" it is. It's w**k.

For the record that picture is purely to illustrate sticker positioning I have zero intention of going the route of spoiler tilt brackets. The air-brake look can stay in Cali as far as I'm concerned.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Really starting to like these Civic's, yours looks mint <3.

Saw this today too
5848249019_0492d7d8ed.jpg

Untitled by Jason.Easton, on Flickr
LowDailys one. Not even sure what it's running, probably a 1.4i muthafuckaaa

Couple more arrivals today.

New bonnet and boot badges to replace the slightly pink 12 year old efforts on the car.

5877797151_a7f297c559_z.png

And "overnight parts from Japan" Spoon magnetic sump bungs ready for when I service it in the next few weeks.

5877798831_9127bc176d_z.png

The likes of Gally will be glad to hear I've bought myself a foam lance ready for when the cars been detailed to keep the car as swirl free as possible.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good man! It's white so you can't see s**t anyway.

Love the new badges. Nothing better than tidying things up.

What suspension does it run mate?

Trust me you can see the swirls/marring in the paint in direct sunlight and under streetlights. Ok it's not as obvious as it would be on your car but it's still irritating so it will be getting properly corrected.

I'm either going to repaint the wiper arms or replace them as they look a little tired too, I've already fitted the Bosch Aero blade style wipers which has made it look smarter already not to mention clearing the screen a f**k sight better.

It's on Tein flex with the EDFC kit (I need to connect the rear solenoids up to get it working though)

If you've not heard of EDFC shitty video to give you the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even want to think about it tbh. I meant to post in your thread the other day but got sidetracked. Looking much better now it's had the paint, now you'll no doubt develop OCD trying to keep it looking good!

LOL cheers dude, but it's already going to s**t! Stupid oily marks (water under the lacquer, from stone chips apparently) are back, and it's swirled already. Plus I still don't bother washing it.

White's just as bad if you're not cleaning it though, it's bad enough having white wheels, yet alone a whole car!

I've seen so many different locations for them I've lost track. I'm not convinced about putting them on the wing or along the top of the doors if that's what you mean.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Small 'Crane' on the bootlid and small 'Type One' on the front bumper.

Door 'Spoon' jobbies if you fancy them. I don't think I'd bother. They look a bit try hard, IMO. :eek:

I know what you mean, unless you've got a spoon engine under the bonnet the Stickers along the doors and/or the huge rear screen decal is OTT.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Still enjoying it to drive mate? I've got a bit of a Honda bug atm, keep on looking at DC5's!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very cool mate. So they're electronically adjustable coilovers? Firmess not height?

That's quite hi-tech is it not?

CBR1K, F21 125D
EDFC isn't new, but then again, it's useless UNLESS you have tein flex or higher then it gets very useful, can be bought for around £50 second hand.

Not sure what he has - S/S ? - even on the hardest setting the damping on SS are useless on hard driving and track imo.

Still enjoying it to drive mate? I've got a bit of a Honda bug atm, keep on looking at DC5's!

Yeah, had a decent run in it again the other day after being stuck commuting and with the poor weather and it really does put a smile on your face when you get a chance to wind it up in the revs. The driving position is so much better than the Clio's as much as it didn't bother me as much as some people on here at the time.

Very cool mate. So they're electronically adjustable coilovers? Firmess not height?

That's quite hi-tech is it not?

Yup firmness only, the other benefit of the suspension set up on the EK is you can adjust ride height (mechanically obviously) without effecting the preload like you would on the Clio.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's still very smart tech. Adjusting from inside the car is a superb thing to have. I know I sound like a noob but really hadn't heard of stuff like this fitted to older cars. Maybe magnectic dampers on TT's ect.. Or track cars with expensive suspension but not something like this.

Nice mate. I know most adjustable suspension kits you do the height and firmness by hand so it's rather cool.

Big difference between settings?

These are just solenoid/motor controlled so it's just a remote equvalent of winding the little screw on the top or bottom of a damper leg. It's not as advanced as cars using the magnetic controlled dampers.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed but similar principal to what it does. Impressive to have in the car none the less. :)

Needs more pics you non asw!