ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE04UYN - RB FF 182 (ex The Boosh's Motor)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
One day one of those strips will save you, and you'll be forever glad I've tortured you for all these years...

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Are you using a black plant pot to hold the car up on a hill?

rofl, that's no plant pot that's a TD pro race 1 ;) and no its not holding the car, its the backup for the axle stands under the chassis rails that you can't see in the pic.

not a stripe fan either I'm afraid, I still need to rip the white decals off the wheels too, too fussy imo

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Quick pop to Renault at Mansfield today as I found a warranty recall letter in some old post from last year.

Bonnet catch now replaced for nowt and they gave the car a quick wipe over with a rag for me too,bonus :)

Capture_zpsc8ca2f2e.jpg

DSC_4734_zpspncdjfsl.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Been a long long time since I updated this one too, forgot how good the car looked over the years!lol!

Since the last update its had some more bits, again loads of wheel changes and just cranked the mileage, 163k now just over!

Added the new plate that came off one of the clio mk1 16v's I broke couple of years ago, ran it on turbines for a bit, then more recently White willy wheels with some balls out madness in between.

i'll do a better update of how she stands currently soon, as it'd be nice to have a thread going for all three of my sheds!

IMG_20140809_222408_zpscjlvlc16.jpg

DSC_0139_zpsq4rv6nls.jpg

DSC_0030_zpszcqml4t8.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsqzyh3ya5.jpg

15005628753_b2e79d568e_c.jpg
IMG_8299 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

15440182760_3f8c628dfb_c.jpg
IMG_8338 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

15440172190_3dd5efb6c8_c.jpg
IMG_8345 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Right, did some more bits on the car this morning to return it further to standard.

Removed the H&R springs and the whiteline RARB then fitted the original cup springs, so tis now at standard ride height.

DSC_1524_zpsl7seqfw2.jpg

DSC_1523_zpsvfjtdkzi.jpg

DSC_1522_zpsmxjhriwq.jpg

DSC_1526_zpsdfobupma.jpg

So now sitting at standard height on standard wheels :) Only mods now really are Janspeed exhaust (I think it is, changed it that many times I literally can't remember!!loll!) and NS2-R tyres

needs a wash next and interior needs a good clean and spruce up after the winter

DSC_1530_zpszagqzh8w.jpg

cheers!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I preference it modified 😧

On a slightly different note, what filters did you use when you took those last bulk pics? I noticed the pics are shadowy in the corners.

tbh me too, but I need to stop modding daily cars, lol! track car project is supposed to be for mods.........please please don't look at the phase 1 project thread.....lol!!!

canon 24-105 chap, but added the vignette in Lightroom after the fact

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely mate! Really like the steering wheel too.

Do you still have your ARB? It for sale?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Looks lovely mate! Really like the steering wheel too.

Do you still have your ARB? It for sale?

Cheers Louis, she's getting a bit old now and well worn like a city sauna slapper but she keeps on trucking!

I do still have the arb, however it's alas not for sale as it's destined for my mk1 track car! Sorry!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great for a leggy old girl. I liked the look on the white willy wheels, but oem may be the way to go as 1*2s rapidly approach cult classic status and original cars are outnumbered by track slags.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Looks great for a leggy old girl. I liked the look on the white willy wheels, but oem may be the way to go as 1*2s rapidly approach cult classic status and original cars are outnumbered by track slags.

agreed, most are now track 'prepared' (read bodged) so looking to keep both mine standard enough to put to totally stock as and when required!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Small update, the cars been missing in action for around 4 months, my sister moved up from the south and needed a car to use until she sourced a new one.....she still hasn't sourced a new one!lol!

as such I've jus bought more stuff I don't need for a car that I haven't seen in months................. typical!

I did pop to see it other day and fit a new battery as it failed to start on her and its looking bit sorry for itself, headlights badly need a going over and the small patch of rust on the drivers rear quarter annoyingly hasn't healed itself.....what's that about!

so decided to fix it by buying 2118's with R888R's on and the billies.....for a car I haven't even got back!lol! which would of easily paid for new headlights and arch repair........que sera sera

So bought some billie B14's for it, the kits only 9 months old but I decided to dismantle it to clean it all up anyway since I have time before I get the RB back anyway!

Unfortunately the fronts seem to be corroding already though, booooo, not like my stainless KW's on the track car which are gleaming still after 7 years! but that's just the nature of the beast unfortunately!

also acquired some 2118's, not a massive fan of them as a wheel, but they came up in mint condition with good R888R tyres, a tyre I've wanted to try for a while. As such they got cleaned up and put on stock as well along with the Speedline 675's I have and a number of other wheels

anyway, looking forward to getting the car back to address the niggles and fit the shiny shinny's but that could be after Christmas now in all honesty!

oh and by the laws of CS............I break them, no pics of sister you can all get fucked

cheers

Ben

View attachment 1343979

View attachment 1343980

View attachment 1343981

View attachment 1343982

View attachment 1343983

View attachment 1343984

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Got the car back, gave her a clean and although I won't do anything over winter the headlights desperately need a restore as they're hideous and the offside arch rust is getting worse so that'll need to be addressed in the new year. However having just clicked 174k she's still holding up okay for a daily abused old knacker.
When the arch gets done I'll get the headlights buffed and the whole car decontaminated (covered in tar spots) and buffed.
Mechanically all I need to do I think is rear discs and pads again and free off the calipers. But it's not desperate, handbrake is functioning perfectly fine.

Aside from that, as much as I love the phase 1, this is such a better daily car, nicer place to be too potter back and forth to work, and with the RS Tuning remap (now been on the car for 157k miles!!) there's just so much more low down, odyssey had to rev. Although gearing helps, much shorter in the 182 so it picks up better due to that aswell. Either way glad to have her back and have the option now on what to drive.
DSC_3214.JPG
DSC_3215.JPG
DSC_3218.JPG
DSC_3219.JPG
DSC_3217.JPG
DSC_3222.JPG
DSC_3221.JPG

Cheers
Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Current spec list as it changes so often!
- RB 182 FF (both cup packs)
- New cup shocks all round with H&R springs
- Janspeed silenced exhaust system
- Poly exhaust mounts
- Alpine Bluetooth headunit with parrot built in
- Uprated speakers throughout
- 15mm front eibach hubcentric spacers
- 10mm rear pms spacers
- Cup wheels with rainsport 3 tyres
- Snappy retrimmed steering wheel
- Boot net and tidy tray

Think that's it!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You change things on this car more times than I change my under crackers. Also take back the bodged track car comment, not all of us are animals. Im currently trying to rebuild one and its got 13 years of bodges I'm trying to rectify and replace using the correct methods. Show car... I mean Track car, I can't differentiate the two these days.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
You change things on this car more times than I change my under crackers. Also take back the bodged track car comment, not all of us are animals. Im currently trying to rebuild one and its got 13 years of bodges I'm trying to rectify and replace using the correct methods. Show car... I mean Track car, I can't differentiate the two these days.

I also attempt to not bodge my track car too much..............there are a few zip ties on it however...............the shame

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
cheers guys, its not as good as it looks in the pics, 10ft test passes!lol! but for a daily used car since it came out the factory pretty much with a few miles under her belt she's okay

plans to sort paint next year anyway so should be gleaming again come summer if all goes to plan!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Oil and filter service today for 175k!
Also picked up some more cup wheels a few months back with pretty much as new Michelin's on and since the rainsports on the current wheels were getting low and these new wheels are in better nick, swapped over!
At same time I took the 15mm spacers off the front, popped them on the rear to replace the 10mm and then popped some 20mm bolt ons up front. Get the wheels right out in the arches!

Anyhoo, pics!

Oil and filter swap and refill, in the last 6k miles she again required no top up, running the oil from just under max on stick to just about halfway. Happy with that!
New bits:
DSC_3327.JPG

Filter on:
DSC_3330.JPG

Oil in:
DSC_3329.JPG

Spacers up front on:
DSC_3328.JPG

New wheels to go on:
DSC_3324.JPG

Stance before change :
DSC_3326.JPG

And stance after change:
DSC_3331.JPG

DSC_3332.JPG

All done, quick run up to temp and check level after engine off. all good for another 6k
DSC_3333.JPG

I'll give her a bath and get some proper pics soon, once the new years festivities are out the way!

I also gave the headlights a very brief handjob......ahem.....with the scratch X and a microfiber and they've come up okay ish so I'll get the drill polishing pad into them soon aswell to return the shine and dispell the manky yellowness of fail

Cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Gave it a bath, 3M restored the headlights again and washed the drivers seatbelt.
Also refitted rear plate as it was peeling off so new Velcro added!!
Few pics of progress!
Belt clean first, bit of stain remover, bucket of detergent laden water and a nail brush
DSC_3337.JPG

Manky belt
DSC_3338.JPG

Soak it for a bit
DSC_3340.JPG

Scrub a dub and sorted
DSC_3351.JPG

Headlights next, 3M kit, just used the polish stage though as they're not too bad
DSC_3342.JPG

Whizz whizz
DSC_3343.JPG

DSC_3344.JPG

And car cleaned and done!
DSC_3345.JPG

DSC_3346.JPG

DSC_3348.JPG

Cheers and a happy new year to all!
Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
In light of the new year, did another buy for the daily as well, more sheep mods!
they're not in perfect nick, but a small repair on the drivers bolster and good scrub and they'll do for me! correct 182 fit ones as well with rear access still available, straight bolt in and half leather, so perfect spec at least!lol!
FB_IMG_1515002535133.jpg

FB_IMG_1515002537322.JPG
FB_IMG_1515002539271.JPG

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
On Monday my window reg decided to snap it's cable on the passenger side.
Absolutely nothing to do with me trying to force the iced up frosted shut window open on the motor alone. ....honestly .
So I fixed it.... Sort of...

Pics!

DSC_3526.JPG
DSC_3527.JPG
DSC_3528.JPG
DSC_3529.JPG
DSC_3530.JPG
DSC_3531.JPG

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
How does this compare sound wise to the scorpion rs192 cat back?

much quieter, RS192 i found a bit droney, this is basically silent. will disappoint if your after some noise when pressing on as well though as its quiet then too

suits me perfectly as I have the other car for the noise and this as the quiet daily!