ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE04UYN - RB FF 182 (ex The Boosh's Motor)

much quieter, RS192 i found a bit droney, this is basically silent. will disappoint if your after some noise when pressing on as well though as its quiet then too

suits me perfectly as I have the other car for the noise and this as the quiet daily!
Cool, that's what I want a quiet daily.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
its ideal for that @flebay

in other news, window has been fixed properly now with a new old regulator! lol! happy times

also fixed the pesky airbag lights again, the passenger seat connector is dodgy but i don't want to loose the plug and solder it as that just seems pikie to me...... so cleanup and reseat each time it happens it is forevermore!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
10-03-2018 Worth Saving. ..

Thought I'd actually take a nosey into the abyss today and check the inner sills for tin worm.
I'm at the crossroads of do I spend the money to sort the arch or not, rot in here would seal the old girls fate...

So opened her up

DSC_3602.JPG

And took a peak with bated breath ...

DSC_3599.JPG

DSC_3600.JPG

Gave it a prod and a wire brush back both sides and all seems well, surface rust only, no weak points, rot or holes! Happy times.

So cranked out the trusty rust nomming paint and lathered her up from the inside ... Oooo matron
DSC_3603.JPG

DSC_3604.JPG

DSC_3605.JPG

I've left the cards out so I'll set about it with another layer of nomming paint tomorrow and some waxoyl later in the week when it's dried
And next, arch repair!

Cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Defo worth doing although it's defo make or break. I guess if my external paint didn't need work I'd maybe not looked. ...

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Made another purchase, replica trophy spoiler and some rub strips as my current ones are mis match colours and this set along with the spoiler are a decent match for the car!
Hopefully get everything fitted over the weekend, coilovers, recaros, whiteline, 675 wheels and this stuff. Miiint

DSC_3823.JPG
DSC_3824.JPG

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
fitted all the shiny stuff, tracked it, ran it for few miles, clocked 182k in a 182 and then just other day took all the shiny stuff back off again! lol!

also popped to Donington park for an evening trackday with some mates, I wasn't on track just passengering

anyway, in pics!

Ben

DSC_3975.JPG
DSC_3977.JPG
DSC_4006.JPG
DSC_4038.JPG

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Coilovers, trophy rep spoiler and whiteline, they're all back off again

Williams Speedlines, recaros, spacers are still on

Back on h&r springs on cup shocks again!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Basically yeah that, when I bought all the bits I only did so to get the idea of the car out my head on the coilovers with the spoiler on, looked mega but just not practical and the money could be used better else where, this one is end if the day supposed to be my 'cheap daily' lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
The cam sensor oil seal has been leaking for a while, common fault on these engines, the phase 1 is the same and did the track car one last year.

It was annoying me everytime I serviced the car seeing oil all over the cam cover.

So today I replaced the offending seal for a new gen ren one. I have also bought a second new seal to complete the same job on the odyssey at some point soon.

So inlet stripped off to aid access

IMG-20180811-WA0022.jpg

Sensor out

IMG-20180811-WA0020.jpg

Out with the old

IMG-20180811-WA0021.jpg

Cleaned up

IMG-20180811-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20180811-WA0018.jpg

New seal installed and sensor refitted

IMG-20180811-WA0024.jpg

And back together

IMG-20180811-WA0027.jpg

Left cover off to run it today and check for leaks later.

Cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Forgot to include the Cadwell pics in here as well.

So, 12th September the high miler took to the track for a day, only reason was my actual track car was not ready for it and I really wanted to get my at least annual birthday trackday in (even if not having a great year for it, I always get Cadwell in once on my birthday).

As such, car was lightly modded for the day with rear stripped out, R888R tyres, RC6 pads, PMS shifter (so glad went to the trouble of transferring this) and whiteline. Apart from that just as it was used daily on the H&R springs and stock shocks.

Car was faultless all day, hammered many a lap up and didn't cause any problems. Wasn't mega impressed with the tyres however, they gave up too quickly for my liking, so back to proper slicks on the track car next year I feel!

oh and a lad in a megane following me did mention she was blowing a bit of blue, he looked a bit worried until I showed him the mileage on the original engine, flol!

anyway pic from another day at a place I love

cheers

Ben

5.JPG

95F_1576.jpeg
95F_1716.jpeg
95F_1876.jpeg
95F_2201.jpeg
95F_2241.jpeg
95F_2515.jpeg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
@Martin. The track dried really quick but was a bit greasey all day tbh, definately struggled for overall grip but even traction achieved, wasn't tail happy really. So either very greasey track or r888r's are a bit s**t....

@Christopher Yeah it does amuse me that this was a 'forum' car from back in the day and yet I still use it every day for work and then still take it on track days and rolling road days after all this time. So long as it keeps running reliably I'll keep it tbh, love the thing

VRS
So cool that this is still going. I remember when Andy (Makavelli) had this and I bought my RB in 2007.

Mine's no longer around so it's good to see that some are!

? I still remember Getting the train to Oxford to pick it up early 05, and a few meets when you had the ph1 minter ?? And then meeting up after you bought yours off Jamie was it? Leeds way? It’s awesome to see it’s still on the forum after 13 years ?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
? I still remember Getting the train to Oxford to pick it up early 05, and a few meets when you had the ph1 minter ?? And then meeting up after you bought yours off Jamie was it? Leeds way? It’s awesome to see it’s still on the forum after 13 years ?

If we ever cross paths chap you're more than welcome to have a drive of it, for old times sake :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

That's it, yeah! Really cool. Yours faired better than mine did. This is the fate of YK54 VFC, my old one. :(

46965354_10217671023958501_4401844357410324480_n.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah I'm sort of slightly proud of the fact its stayed as a daily and not been projected or 'track car'd' or anything silly.

it's just a relatively standard 182, been used as a well loved daily car since 2004 :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Well after 6 years it finally happened..... Car let me down and had to get recovered home last Sunday.

Well, tbh that's harsh the car didn't, Renault design did with no spare wheel. Had a blow out on the m18 and tyre was completely totalled by time limped off the motorway into a petrol station.

6 hours later finally got home, so the original cup wheels are no longer on for the winter due to tyre death so back on the speedline Vegas now for next few months.

188500 miles clicked on the back of an AA truck, lol!

Anyway, pics

Fail and one slightly unhappy Mrs Coops

IMG-20181209-WA0033.jpg

Truck arrives

IMG-20181209-WA0038.jpg

IMG-20181209-WA0037.jpg

On

IMG-20181209-WA0036.jpg

Popped tyre

IMG-20181209-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20181209-WA0035.jpg

Split on outer side wall that caused the deflation, guessing there was a manufacturing issue or an egg I didn't notice on the tyre

DSC_4301.JPG

And result of driving to next motorway junction on it to get to safety, one seriously dead tyre

DSC_4298.JPG

DSC_4299.JPG

Temp fix for work before I fitted rest of the Vegas, wasn't changing all 4 at 11:30pm on a Sunday night with work on Monday! Lol!!

IMG-20181211-WA0004.jpg

Cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
30-12-2018 Aux Belt Service

189600 miles on her meant the aux belt was actually overdue by 3.5k miles. So set about sorting that yesterday.

I cannot, nay I will not, repeat some of the expletives uttered throughout the task, I don't remember it being such a pig to do 5 ish years ago when I last turned my hand to replacing it (was done inbetween with Cambelt etc but not by me)

Either way, just gaining enough space to remove the old auto tensioner involved basically removing the whole front of the car and half the engine, lol!

then to add insult to injury, after spending 2 hours sorting it all, got it all back together and bloody belt skipped a rib on the PAS pulley, so had to undo half of it all again to get enough access to realign it!

Anyway, all sorted, changed to white Williams wheels, which it with 205 section Toyo R1R's it transpires are too wide with my spacers so now scrubbing the arches over every bump...and she's filthy! lol!

Happy new year all! Soon be 200k vintage.......keep them wagons rolling

Pics

belt kit to fit, upto £85 quid now compared to the £65 I think it was I paid 5 years ago:

3.jpg

The auto tensioner nestled in there, loose but impossible to navigate out....

6.jpg

So all this comes off for the first time...

11.jpg

7.jpg

So got the old out and new in:

2.jpg

Then it jumped the rib on the PAS pulley so I had to remove it all again:

5.jpg

And sorted and on the Williams wheels, showing how much they stick out, thusly causing rubbing, to be addressed:

1.jpg

10.jpg

Front:

4.jpg

Rear:

9.jpg

cheers

Ben

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I think my belt is starting to go as I have a slight squeal. But it's to be expected. As said on your other thread, it's not had a lot of work really, considering the mileage it's now on. Fair play.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nothing new to report at the mo, still cranking the daily duties. Just down in Welwyn Garden City for work and clocked 192 mark and still returned 44mpg on the trip computer (real world calculated is about 6 lower ish)

On the fence at the mo, the rear arch needs work but is it worth it........

20190221_174021.jpg

20190221_174043.jpg

Renault Master
Brilliant to this is still going. What’s the highest mileage these cars have seen surely this is in the top 5?!