ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Flamer.

Unsure tbh, not convinced by the 438's for various reasons lol.
Might have a word with fred about the 428's as he has seen good results with them alot.

Before that I should be picking up a cup alternator and matched inlets from lewis :)

Picked up cup alternator setup, ph2 rear lights and matched inlets from LewisTaylor this morning :)
12234454.jpg

abcdef1.jpg

Lewis broke the alternator, so got another coming and got the aux belt also :)
Also need to make my radio work as it died when i left lewis's so i had a noisy 90minutes drive home.

Questions.

how do i remove the fuel rail from the lower inlet?
Can i use my equisting PAS pump or is it easier to use the one already on the bracket?
And lastly how do you remove a fuel rail gaurd when one of the bolts is rounded? lol

:)

Clio 172
Nice looking car fella, I bought a flamer ph1 back end of November. I have a rake load of brake stuff to be fitted and a whiteline arb on the way. I like what you've done with the back of yours, caqn't say I know anything about the wiring you moved but the satin black looks sweet I might have to use that idea myself. Did you just paint straight over the existing paint that was there or did you prep it first?

Nice looking car fella, I bought a flamer ph1 back end of November. I have a rake load of brake stuff to be fitted and a whiteline arb on the way. I like what you've done with the back of yours, caqn't say I know anything about the wiring you moved but the satin black looks sweet I might have to use that idea myself. Did you just paint straight over the existing paint that was there or did you prep it first?

Thanks :) I literally hoovered the bare metal, wiped over with warm water and then some white spirit and sprayed straight onto it. Its not that hard wearing and will scratch But for £40 i dont mind having to touch it up once every so often!
If your radio is paying up i have a lovelly alpine one in my old car ;) and some infinity speakers for the front too.

Fixed it, was the fuse! ha. Cant wait too see your white ph1 all finished, such a nice car :)

Ph2 lights on, and looking sweet even if my car is filthy. Literally took 5mins.

Clio Sport ph1
Lovely car.
Where did you get the catalytic converter ? What type is it (stock or sports) and does it fit properly on a ph1 172 ? Thanks.

Its a ktec 200cell sports cat, i got it off ebay though for £40 :p

When stood beside a standard ph1 cat it sees to be the same size and similar bend. I havent actually fitted it yet as its a b**ch to do and i dont want to lay on the cold flood lol.

On another note, the ds2500 pads are squeeking like mad in this cold weather, got some right funny looks earlier :(

ph1 172
Car is looking good Dan.

My pads when very cold have only squealed very faintly and for only the first stops. Did you put lots of copper slip on the calliper and pads?

SQ5
I have a confession, I broke that alternator! Lol! The 12v feed off of that though was rusted to f**k! All the metal had become one piece!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Unsure tbh, not convinced by the 438's for various reasons lol.
Might have a word with fred about the 428's as he has seen good results with them alot.

Before that I should be picking up a cup alternator and matched inlets from lewis :)

I said TALK to me ;) give me a call, got multiple options, including something new and interesting

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Car is looking good Dan.

My pads when very cold have only squealed very faintly and for only the first stops. Did you put lots of copper slip on the calliper and pads?

shouldn't copperslip pads, just clean everything and at most put a little grease right on the edge of the pad that touches the caliper carrier. Never use lots of grease on brakes

ph1 172
Ok was an exaggeration lol

I have always put it wherever there is contact between the pad and calliper/piston. That's all.

Spark plugs?

I didn't copper slip them, as heard it was bad they move freely just like to squeak in this coldness.

I'll forgive you for breaking it danny :p

And other Danny, was thinking 421s. Ill give you a ring this week, unless your working tomorrow? Lol

Cup alternator fitting time. Complete b**ch of a job to do! So many awkward bolts.
Stopped as its absolutely freezing out there!
Got all the old stuff out, new PAS pump on, just gota bend the high presure hose.
Tomorrow
-get the alternator on and new aux belt
-swap inlets to matched
-put things back where they should be
-bleed power steering
-make it look like a car again

Few random pics.
a2.jpg

Engine bay
a1.jpg

Garage
a7.jpg

Oh and ph2 rear lights (i know most will hate these)
a8.jpg

Trafic 140dci
Wow your garage is organised, mine is ermm... well you've seen mine, can barely get in it! lol good to see your getting on with it :)

DONE! By 9am i had the matched inlets on, alternator in and aux belt on.
Spent the next few hours trying to make my bumper sit properly for once and just doing little bits and removing the carbon canister.

9am
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

1pm
IMG_0027.jpg

Cars now alot lighter and seems to rev more freely. So im happy with my work, minus having an epic cold now!

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 30

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Good work, wish I could be confident enough to do stuff like that myself.

Another ebay bargin, another set of williams wheels this time badly painted black with worn tyres.
KGrHqNHJCsE8gQFvqVBPNlbpnIg60_12.jpg

Plan is to wrap them is some decent tyres for use on track and get my white wheels refurbed and try to keep them mint!
I might respray this set with rattle cans as they wont be for best lol. Any ideas on colours? :)

Wheels turned up today, theyre powder coated a matt black kinda colour. Theyre in pretty good nic, minus a few chips on each of the wheels on the spokes.
Think i will just leave them as they are and wrap them in some decent rubber.
Few pics with them on, car needs a very good clean!

IMG_0032-2.jpg

IMG_0033-2.jpg