ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 16v, monaco blue

clio williams, Ph1 172

Thinking of gettin my car resparayed in monaco blue. Can get a really good job done at a place near me.

I really like monaco blue. Mine is sports blue at the moment. Do you think I should have ti done in Monaco?

My car isn;t particularily tatty but has the odd chip, imperfection here and there and to get it mint id be having bits done all over probably.

What u reckon?

if u want to keep to reno colours then yh imho monaco blue is a alot better than 449 sports blue. so glad i got a n reg valver in this colour

if it was not better why would reno change to it??

clio williams, Ph1 172

I do like the colour of mine. But think I prefer monaco blue. Dont think it shows up imperfections as easy too.

Seen your car wongy. Looks f**kin ace mate.

My car is virtually a phase 2 now anyway. even got the boot on it. only difference will be the petrol cap. So wont look out of place. Plus I can get the engine bay painted while the engines out.

clio williams, Ph1 172

can anyone put some good quality pics of a 16v in sports blue and in monaco side by side to compare?

cheers mate

i think most phase 1 clio 16v in blue will of faded by now so not true to origional colour, those whom have had resprays will have better colour but i personally think as do most on here than monaco is much nice tone of blue. slightly more pearl in the paint and show off the lines better

your right phase 2 look a bit more modern but each to thier own really

you the paul with the team dynamic wheels aint ya

wicked car and wheels mate colour still looks very good on ya motor

clio williams, Ph1 172

yeah mate thats me.

Car does look good in the colour its in. But Im gettin the engine out soon for a bit of a project and sports blue is such a hard colour to keep lookin good. I think monaco might be a bit better as its a bit lighter. Is it?

Just my bonnets gettin chipped a bit and have annoying little bits and bobs Im not happy with on the paint so I may as well get the lot done for the £200 ish more itll cost to get it done.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Noooooo. I want monaco lol.

Wonder if i can get a flip paint job that changes it from sports blue to monaco lol.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Wonder if i can get a flip paint job that changes it from sports blue to monaco lol.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Toureg vW Transporte

if i got an n plate would that be monaco blue, if it is its a nice coulour it goes from dark blue to almost a purpley colour in the sun mate.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah thats the one. looks a bit cleaner. Dunno if its just 96Ns that are in that colour. Not sure

yep its just on end on line N reg valvers and willy

even compared to the 172 monaco blue the one on the valvers and willys are slightly lighter in tone too

think there are 4 tones of monaco blue which were used on lagunas. meganes scenics ect the best one being on the valver

Paul, I love that colour-im so happy i managed to get a willy 3, looks spanking when the suns blairing down on it.

Get it done mate.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah it does look brighter on clios than on 172s etc.

Is it a different code? wanna make sure I get the lighter one? get some pics up people!

paul

if ya gonna stick with reno

just make sure when u ask the garage to do it,

get the right code and then choose the one that flips or is most pearl

clio williams, Ph1 172

yeah will do mate. Should have got a monaco blue valver to start with really lol. Never knew they did 2 colours like.

hehe

nor did i

when i bought mine i just thought it was 449 sports blue that was polished sh*t loads from new

but hey i was lucky enought to insist on buying a last of line n reg model so stubboness paid off

clio williams, Ph1 172

Cool hehe.

I just looked for one as low mileage as possible. Mine had 60k on a 93K plate and fsh so that was the main thing. PLus the factory leather was a nice bonus.

I had trouble findin a low mileage one at the time when i was lookin though. Lot of phase 2s with high miles.

Mr2 Roadster

I think I have the second one, which is the one I prefer but its so dirty I cant remember!!!

hehe

monaco much nicer tone

paul u know what to do now dont u

nicky

yeah yours is monaco too. has ur rsi got oil gauges??? like the valver off topic i know but just wanna know

Mr2 Roadster

Yer I got the 3 oil gauges, two that works and a manually operated middle one which needs to be pushed to wwork!

clio williams, Ph1 172

think it might have to be a monaco spray job then yeah. I like mondial blue but i would prefer my car to be a colour valvers came in from new.