ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross Carbon induction - good?

RSC 172
Guys - I'm in Aust. I understand from what I have read that the Pipercross Carbon is one of the best about. I am looking at them on K-Tec. Are there any other locations to purchase them from?

A question - do you loose any midrange torque with these induction units?

Also does anyone have any RR evidence that there is actually anything in it re pwr / torque gains compared to OEM induction? - RSTuner PA's fully accetable. I would hate to loose 10nm's for the sake of 2kw's at thew top end.

Thanks for any advice,

Mase

Im in the same boat as you mate, You can buy them direct from pipercross at £199 - Even if they only give a little gain, you can't beat the noise they make!

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Guys - I'm in Aust. I understand from what I have read that the Pipercross Carbon is one of the best about. I am looking at them on K-Tec. Are there any other locations to purchase them from?

A question - do you loose any midrange torque with these induction units?

Also does anyone have any RR evidence that there is actually anything in it re pwr / torque gains compared to OEM induction? - RSTuner PA's fully accetable. I would hate to loose 10nm's for the sake of 2kw's at thew top end.

Thanks for any advice,

Mase

Hi Jamie,

It is a design failure, if we are talking about viper. I have not seen any other piece of kit which is not allowing you to fully open and clean it.

Get you a Ph1-172 std airbox and put in an ITG panel, here is your home-made Maxogen. Do not forget enlarged inlet pipes as well.

An Espace airbox also would do fine.

Alper

RSC 172
You guys :) You are following me around ..I am sure of it!! :)

So Henk and Alper - what do you mean by the Espace? Henk are the part numbers for the V6 air box or the Mk 1 172 version? I'll drop you an e-mail.