ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

TrackCar & F30 330d
Engine bay looks much much better. The Nimbus heatshielding is good stuff.

The enigne looks so cool aswell. I see you've taken apart the K-tec enigne mount and had that powdercoated/sprayed. I'll be doing that one day.

Look forward to seeing it in the car now :)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Oh have you thought about wrapping the Manifold as its off?

did think that, was going to send it away to get it Zircotec coated like that one on my FRS but ive ran out of time. May get my spare one coated :)

Carl

As above, get it ceramic coated - not fabric - it makes the perfect wick for any resident oil leak for example.

Cracking project - wish I had time. It's how an RS should live it's second life :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
As above, get it ceramic coated - not fabric - it makes the perfect wick for any resident oil leak for example.

Cracking project - wish I had time. It's how an RS should live it's second life :)

Yes having it ceramic coated would be better. but i thought you can wrap them and then spray a special paint so its sort of makes them water proof. But then again if any oil when on the normal mani it would just burn off but the oil may sit on the fabric.

:)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Engine Fitted. Still missing lots of bits and need some tidying up. Would say about 70% done. The throttle bodies are not correctly fitted due to it being the old manifold so not having the locating holes.

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

Carl

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I love it! Seems a shame to have to put more stuff back in the engine bay!! The trumpets look very long, they going to fit under the bonnet okay?

ITB'd MK1
120mm trumpets fit ok. it's pretty tight but they do go even with a filter

IMG_3302-1.jpg

have to slightly deform the filter once it's on to stop it rubbing on the bonnet and splitting

TrackCar & F30 330d
My god that looks so cool.

Love all the yellow bits and they dont look tacky at all.

Another car which is truly insprination!

Great work guys.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Thanks for the comments, the colour scheme was based on the successful renault F1 car

Renault_F1_2006_EMS.jpg

Lovely biscuits.

You may have had to wait an age for the engine, but it does look the business. Let's hope it performs :)

alien green rs133
if the air filter is touching the bonnet that surface area of the filter that is not being used, baisically you cant suck air off a flat surface.

mare sure theres space around the filter.

looking lovely. will have to compare your car to ali's once done.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
:D:D:D

Blue and Yellow was the right choice, was a bit worried when i saw the colour of the Samcos, but looks good.

Good work Carl, i will see it soon enough hopefully.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
The engine is now complete!

Once fitted i wasnt too happy with how close the filter was to the bonnet so decided to cut the skin out of the bonnet. I didnt have the nerve so gave the job to the fabricator.

The car now will be loaded onto a low loader and will delivered to Tour De Force on monday morning, ready for mapping and running in.

RenaultClio17224-06-10-Engine7.jpg

RenaultClio17224-06-10-Engine10.jpg

RenaultClio17224-06-10-Modifiedbonn.jpg

RenaultClio17224-06-10-Modifiedb-1.jpg

RenaultClio17224-06-10-Badge.jpg

Carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
what power and torque you hoping for with te new spec?

nobody on here has used the cams which i have used so im not sure. The 422's which are the slightly milder cam produce around 235/240bhp so i would suspect around that. Not sure on torque tbh.

Carl

Clio RS 172
nobody on here has used the cams which i have used so im not sure. The 422's which are the slightly milder cam produce around 235/240bhp so i would suspect around that. Not sure on torque tbh.

Carl

I think with the 423 it's probably you have 230hp at 7800@...i think...

Coupe/Defender V8

Carl

What cams are you using mate?

standard valves with uprated springs? ...

with 422s K-tec were trying to use (I scrapped it) nimonic valves which use a strengthened alloy. Which I'm pretty sure is totally unnecessary on f4r

Looks brilliant mate

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
What cams are you using mate?

standard valves with uprated springs? ...

with 422s K-tec were trying to use (I scrapped it) nimonic valves which use a strengthened alloy. Which I'm pretty sure is totally unnecessary on f4r

Looks brilliant mate

Im using Catcam 423 cams with standard valves and catcam springs:

292 / 284°
255 / 247°
11.25 / 11.25mm
3.95 / 3.40mm
custom
HYDR: rally & race

These were the wildest cam i could go for without using solid lifters, i did look at the 551/552/553 cams but they all require solid lifters, which would have added the engine price on top again for the lifters which i was not prepared to pay.

Carl

Coupe/Defender V8
Im using Catcam 423 cams with standard valves and catcam springs:

292 / 284°
255 / 247°
11.25 / 11.25mm
3.95 / 3.40mm
custom
HYDR: rally & race

These were the wildest cam i could go for without using solid lifters, i did look at the 551/552/553 cams but they all require solid lifters, which would have added the engine price on top again for the lifters which i was not prepared to pay.

Carl

top man cheers

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Ready to be dropped off at Tour De Force on Monday morning.

RenaultClio17226-06-10-Ontrailer3.jpg

RenaultClio17226-06-10-Ontrailer6.jpg

RenaultClio17226-06-10-Ontrailer5.jpg

Carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Car was delivered to Matt at Tour-De-Force last monday.

The engine bay wiring was stripped back with the renault ECU being removed. The dash was then fitted and control box wired up.

Matt got the car started and the engine sounded spot on, produced the correct oil pressure etc. But then a big puddle of oil appeared under the car. The crankshaft oil seal was not sealing correctly so the car lost about a litre of oil in 10 mins of 2k rpm.

Craig (AP Developments) agreed to collected on friday morning to fix the car under warranty. Craig has found the problem with the seal and is under way with sorting it out. The car will then be dropped off again at Tour-De-Force on wednesday for Dash calibration and mapping.

Carl