ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Mk2 Xr2 project...

JDM Dc2
Think you might need a new cooling fan for Friday Rob. It's going to get pretty hot and steamy in your car when your stalker is in the passenger seat on Friday :p

Dont you mean a blower unit, the cooling fan does the radiator not the interior ;)

LOL! Rob will be hoping for alot of "blowing" going on. ;)

fkin lol, right end that stuff now lol

Great read, sounds sweet from the videos! Top work to you all.

cheers mate!

JDM Dc2
Just filled up the tank and a jerry can ready for tmoz, 60quids worth of tesco 99oct...

on the way the car ticked over 107,000 miles lol

Just swapped the wheels for the R888s saves fkin about when we all get there in the morning but im still going to take 2 of the road wheels/tyres just incase too

Just gave it a quick clean too as the weathers looking promising :D

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

JDM Dc2
Just got back from Oulton pretty fkin tired altho i only managed to drive around 6-7 full-on laps all day lol...

Went out for the first session Oil got upto 140degrees after 1 warm up and 1 full-on lap, was pretty gutted tbh so i just thought itd be best to come in and let the car cool down and see what it was like next time...

when i came in and lifted the bonnet noticed coolant pissing out all over the gearbox from the thermostat housing, so took the thermostat housing off, re-siliconed the gaskets then refitted it, also whilst the coolant was drained i previously blanked off the bottom part of thje thermostat housing to save running a hose right past the exhaust manifold and to the lower rad hose, but then i thought it could be building up pressure so thought so then as i tooka load of coolant hoses and jubilee clips luckily had a T-piece too i added in that extra hose then bled all the system, happy days no more leaks..

then i noticed oil on the floor.. form where my breather hoses were pointing and kinda pointing towrads the nearside wheel arch, then i looked and noticed oil EVERYWHERE in the wheel arch, was pretty annoyed at this point considering i only done 1 full on lap in the first 2hours of the day,s o then got a 1liter conatiner to act as a catch tank, thanks to mark for that, so that sorted that out...

so after 2-2 1/2hrs of pissing about i headed out just before dinner, but still can only do 2 laps max before the oil temperature was creeping the red on the gauge, so just had to keep doing that all day...

after i came back in after that session looked in the catch tank and noticed it had 1/2 a litre init already after like 2 full on laps, maybe just down to the temp of the oil and how thin it got or what but still 1/2 a litre after 5mins hard driving!?

so as i said only managed probs 6-7 full on laps all day as i thought i wanna drive home tonight so next ont he list is an oil cooler and some thicker oil, thinking of some 10w40 would be ideal...

Had some fun having a play with the tyre pressures and damper settings tho learnt abit more about my car, and the R888s are awesome but not worth 80quid a tyre imo!

also weighed the car, it had 3/4 tank of fuel in (so around 25litres/25kgs) and wioth the r888s on which are around 5kgs a tyre heavier than your normal road tyres... the car weighed in at 768kgs which i thought is pretty light lol...

so thats basically with little fuel in and road tyres around 725kgs, so 725kgs/172 bhp = 237bhp/tonne

25 litres is only 18kg ;)

Oil thing is wierd, im sure it shouldnt come up the breather pipes that much regardless of temprature... maybe something wrong with engine?

JDM Dc2
25 litres is only 18kg ;)

Oil thing is wierd, im sure it shouldnt come up the breather pipes that much regardless of temprature... maybe something wrong with engine?

30quid is 3/4 of a tank so thats around 25 litres lol

yeh a guy on xrtwo.com said get a 90degree bend coming directly out of the rocker cover to act as like a splash barrier!? lol

well baffled sump should be here by the end of next week...

Just spoke to Jon @ shawspeed, hes gonna order me a mocal 13 row, thermostatic sandwich plate and fittings and pipe etc and ill just get some new oil and do all 3 at once then should be sweet then hopefully

JDM Dc2
Just put the road wheels/tyres back on and cleaned all the oil up form inside the nearside wheel arch..

think ill stick with the 5w30 then as your right about the pressure it was bang on

also noticed on the way home yesturday the trackings been knocked slightly out, dont know why all the track rod ends/ball joints/ARBs/lower arms are all tight so maybe need to invest on a new rack

some pics from yesturday -

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

47116_149246505096383_100000331041014_315465_6070460_n.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

JDM Dc2
Woke up with a nice presnt that had arrived this morning -

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

went to Ford to order a new sump gasket yday too, going to pick that up shortly and get some new oil & filter, then will fit it when the Oil cooler etc arrives at Jons :D

Just found another pic from Wednesday too-

44470_431770462907_664727907_4889429_4663794_n.jpg

JDM Dc2
thought id crack on and fit the baffled sump, hopefully the oil cooler will be here soon, maybe even today we'll see...

so Drained the oil, then disconnected the exhaust system -

IMG_0243.jpg

then disconnected the battery and disconnected the starter motor, exhaust manifold then removed the sump -

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

then fitted the baffled sump which was an absolute nightmare cos of the baffle plates they kept hitting the pick up pipe so i ended up having to disconnect the alternator to get the clearence, all fitted and back together :D-

IMG_0246.jpg

All done now just gotta wait till the oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate arrive then ill fit them...

came up with a nice idea of where to mount the oil cooler so ive taken the bumper off ready, i think it looks mean as fcuk without it haha -

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

about as much as i can do for now :D

JDM Dc2
Picked the oil cooler up last night so managed to get it fited whilst dodgeing the rain earlier...

so take one piece of meccano -

IMG_0253.jpg

One 13-row oil cooler -

IMG_0255.jpg

Sanwich plate and new CVH oil flter fitted -

IMG_0257.jpg

piped up, was a nightmare but got there in the end with pushiong the fittings on once putting them in boiling water -

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

Then started the car check the sump gasket and all the fittings etc etc, not one leak im proud to say altho when i started the car there was a loud ticking noise and all of a sudden the dipstick shot up, so pulled it out and it was bent at the end and mustve hit the baffle pplate and was fouling the crank when the engine was running, so chopped abit of the dipstick off so not i have no dipstick below minimum lol -

IMG_0263.jpg

random pic of the bay -

IMG_0265.jpg

then chopped the rest of behind the bumper out using a hacksaw blade -

IMG_0262.jpg

and how it looks all fitted and back together -

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

Ive put the number plate in the windscreen for now, thinking about getting a stickered one on the front of the bonnet but that can wait for now :D

BMW E36 328
Cool looks good, you had chance to drive it yet mate, has it made a big diff with the oil temp?

JDM Dc2
So when do you think the next trackday will be
we still have one easytrack credit left too

well consdiering your the only other person who has one credit left we kinda need to discuss it dont we lol... have you thought about it yet, ive not tbh, just looked on easy track, oulton 20th November is the only one that catches my eye as ium sure Jord said Donningtons fully booked but the sites not been updated... think id rather just do oulton anyways wanna get one full trackday done out the way so i know i can trust it really so think it'd be best to do oulton as its so close and everyone can come down to watch too if they wanted...

JDM Dc2
Is it better with the cooler on?

yeh

Your car is making me want to buy this....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1936616.htm

hah altho thats mint its a rip off for 5k lol

Time for a wee update...

had some major bad luck tonight...

going down a dual carriage way braked for the roundabout and locked up, so i lifted off to stop them locking up to try and free them and they stayed locked up couldnt do anything about it and just slid into the kerb on the right then kinda bounced to the other side of the road, hit that kerb then went into the kerb on the roundabout
icon_sad.gif

really dont see how the brakes locked up and wouldnt free up thats the scary part, a mate recons its cos i never pressed the clutch in and the box locked!?

oh and to make it even better car overheated too at the same time f*ck knows how or where from just coolant pissing out everywhere when i eventually came to a stop

fkin heartbroke to say the very least
icon_sad.gif

damage from looking in the dark atm looks like -

bent rear beam
maybe bent arms and panrod bar
one pepperpot complete mangled
2 tyres fked
maybe the offside rear shock bent

just hope to god theres no chassis damage again

will post up some pics tmoz
icon_sad.gif

clio 182
gutted mate, i read through all this the other night and you dont seem to be havin too much luck!

good effort for sticking at it and good luck!