ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP Trophy 433/500

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
£500 Ant.

I would've let mine go privately go £4250. Anyone know of any high priced/high milage Trophy's for sale?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
So basically if they give you 4k theyve given you 4.5k as they minus they excess? That's about right then IMO.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
So basically if they give you 4k theyve given you 4.5k as they minus they excess? That's about right then IMO.

That's what I'll be happy with mate. Yep.

If not, I'll go all insurance on them. Bust out all the jargon.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol, hopefully you can buy it back for a monkey too.

It's generally 10% if they do, so I hope so. I'm hoping for £3500 and a smashed up Trophy with recraros that smell of airbag, best case.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I said a trophy, not half of one ;)

Lol, the amount of parts i have, mines more like 1.5 Trophys, although i could do with some proper Recaros ;)

Its worth £4.5k all day long tbh Luke, Clart just paid over 4 grand for a Cat D one off eBay ffs. Yours was mint, & had the dampers/cambelt done properly ...

Trophy Turbo :)
NEVER EVER take the first offer, look at your cars current value, find the same specked car find a few and show them to replace the car will cost you xxx.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ah cr4p... very, very sorry to hear the bad news mate. :( However, I'm chuffed that you are ok and in one piece. Good luck and I hope you're soon mobile again in another tidy car.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
By the time we strip that badboy down you'll be quids in!

I'm just praying it comes back as a Cat C so I can. Then we'll get the grinder out...

£4k. Buy it back.

The wheels will cover what it cost. Then you can sell on the seats and all the other red tat.

Don't forget the magical dampers!

NEVER EVER take the first offer, look at your cars current value, find the same specked car find a few and show them to replace the car will cost you xxx.

Cheers for the advice Andy :)

There is one on piston heads the now.

Clio Trophy with 80K for £4800

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/...ult/clio/renault-clio-sport-182-trophy/661259

Here is another on ebay

Clio 182 Trophy with 80.750 for £7.777 and there has been 1 offer made

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-55-R...mobiles_UK&hash=item4d03d68bfa#ht_1385wt_1219

And another with 99K for £4295

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-55-R...mobiles_UK&hash=item3a78638b63#ht_1145wt_1219

Thanks Marc, MASSIVE help mate. Really appreciate it.

Ah cr4p... very, very sorry to hear the bad news mate. :( However, I'm chuffed that you are ok and in one piece. Good luck and I hope you're soon mobile again in another tidy car.

Thanks Andy. Yeah, I'm gutted about the car but just glad no one was hurt. It's a cliché but that's the main thing.

So, time to get that MX-5 then I guess then Luke?

Bit earlier than planned but yeah mate, that's the plan. Just need to check insurance.

Listerine & Poledo
You'll be pleasantly surprised I'll bet.

Bad luck though fella, not good to see another R.S. smashed up

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'll have a look later in the week mate.

Just emailed Admiral 5 adverts I've found. I was even geeky enough to send them pictures of my own car, just to show the condition. Gawd it was immaculate :dapprove:

6827810602_1a8abe8918_c.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thanks Paul.

Just had it back confirmed as a Total Loss. Pretty relieved really, I wouldn't have wanted it fixed.

Pictures like that make me sad. :(

Really was a lovely motor.

The good news is that in the last email that they sent, the Settlement figure included 'Less Salvage Value' at £747.50. I'm assuming that's a buy-back figure? Maybe?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fire me a text if you're still struggling mate. They'll realise eventually that you know what you're talking about. Any serious hassle and mention the financial ombudsman. They get fined everytime a case goes there.

Cash in Lieu (buy back) is still a grey area for a lot of insurers. 3.5k minus excess and the car back would be a very good day at the office.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Rob, may need to take you up on that mate. Spend a few days getting drunk and stripping down a Trophy? Standard.

Fire me a text if you're still struggling mate. They'll realise eventually that you know what you're talking about. Any serious hassle and mention the financial ombudsman. They get fined everytime a case goes there.

Cash in Lieu (buy back) is still a grey area for a lot of insurers. 3.5k minus excess and the car back would be a very good day at the office.

Thanks Kev, I may give you a bell in the week if thats ok dude? I don't think I sent you a pic of the car yet either pal :dapprove:

I guess I'd need to go down the standard complaint's procedure before anything really. We'll soon see, you would've been proud of my email son. Read like War & Piece, lol. I'm aiming for that aroudn that figure mate. Currently, they're offering 1.9k minus excess and buy back. Needless to say I'm not interested.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The salvage value they have come up with is mentally low, so thats a good start, no need to haggle that, so only a case of getting them to realise that a trophy cant be priced by CAP etc and you are sorted.

They doubled the amount they paid for my E30 sport after a bit of arguing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Rob, may need to take you up on that mate. Spend a few days getting drunk and stripping down a Trophy? Standard.

Thanks Kev, I may give you a bell in the week if thats ok dude? I don't think I sent you a pic of the car yet either pal :dapprove:

I guess I'd need to go down the standard complaint's procedure before anything really. We'll soon see, you would've been proud of my email son. Read like War & Piece, lol. I'm aiming for that aroudn that figure mate. Currently, they're offering 1.9k minus excess and buy back. Needless to say I'm not interested.

Good lad. Keep at it.

Of course mate, call me anytime.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The salvage value they have come up with is mentally low, so thats a good start, no need to haggle that, so only a case of getting them to realise that a trophy cant be priced by CAP etc and you are sorted.

They doubled the amount they paid for my E30 sport after a bit of arguing.

Sadly that's actually glass' guide valuation. Very low as I said to Luke last week. It matters very little though as adverts are superior evidence.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Happy days Rob. Only problem is that it's in Milton Keynes atm, so would need to get it transported.

I was pretty shocked too Chip! They haven't confirmed the Cat status yet, but judging by the fact that they're even disclosing to me then I guess it's CAT C. Aside from the valuations, they've been ok so far. I'll not drop any big insurance terms until they start to irritate me ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Happy days Rob. Only problem is that it's in Milton Keynes atm, so would need to get it transported.

I was pretty shocked too Chip! They haven't confirmed the Cat status yet, but judging by the fact that they're even disclosing to me then I guess it's CAT C. Aside from the valuations, they've been ok so far. I'll not drop any big insurance terms until they start to irritate me ;)

Transportation isn't the end of the world. MK isn't THAT far away... lol!

I'm sure we'll manage it mate.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sadly that's actually glass' guide valuation. Very low as I said to Luke last week. It matters very little though as adverts are superior evidence.

Glass/CAP makes no odds, its ACTUAL market value I convinced them to go by with my E30.