ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP Trophy 433/500

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've got to slightly side with the insurance Luke. You've really done all you can, the only other way would be to provide the receipts of the work carried out etc... Anthony McHaggis repairs iirc. Just one of those things, they aren't at it tbf they're only going with the info provided to them.

Imo it's worth more but you're also wanting the car back. :)

Trophy Turbo :)
Lesson to all us car lovers! i always use a insurance broker called, "Keith Micheal PLC " And deal with a gent there called Gary, the car is insured to the value and full spec of what the car has, so if a claim arises the car has a full value including all the additional items, such as wheels, Engine, etc etc. and i only pay £411 a Year Fully Comp. ( im a little older than most on here )

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As you know one the cars theyre basing your valuation on is a dog. Hold out imo.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
When I wrote off my bean my first offer was around £3,600.

It wasn't in amazing condition but it was good enough with 55K on the clock.

I argued with them and sent them 5 examples of 182's the same as mine with around the same or more miles, and then averaged out the prices.

They raised my offer to £4,200 which I was happy with. I then claimed £67.00 for a full tank of v-power which the salvage company nicked. :)

I'd keep fighting Luke. If you really believe its worth more, argue it!

FYI - This was the damage on mine - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?517409-Bonxy-s-Baked-Bean/page2&p=7408992#post7408992

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Good going that Sam.

Thing is, to them it's a 55 plate red clio with 90k. I'm just going to push for 4k and if not, meh. I tried.

I'm just hoping that the salvage yard hasn't taken anything from the car.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Without going through the thread have they confirmed you can have it back? My mum wrote her car off a couple of months ago and they made it very hard too. We would have had to pay storage costs, a release fee. Insure it to collect it. etc. All that along with paying to buy it back.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Without going through the thread have they confirmed you can have it back? My mum wrote her car off a couple of months ago and they made it very hard too. We would have had to pay storage costs, a release fee. Insure it to collect it. etc. All that along with paying to buy it back.

They've confirmed to me that I can depending on CAT status, which I'm currently pestering them for. They have given me cheques so far based on figures that have taken away scrap value, though.

So if it's CAT D or C, I can. They even mentioned the other day about getting the car back to me.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I doubt they will have. If they have like, make a claim for that to. Get what your owed from them! This Is what insurance is for really.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still don't understand the whole "keep fighting" thing. It's not like they offered 2k which going by Glass' is what they could have offered.

You can't just say, but it's a really cool Red colour and it's got a Trophy sticker on it. People being unrealistic, Luke is being realistic. The car isn't worth 5K, if it was Luke would have found one and sent them the advert.

How many adverts can you find that are around on 90k and worth more than 4k Luke? Condition is important but the fact is if the other examples were written off they would be worth even less than 3750 if that makes sense.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
They offered me the same with an RB 182 on 50k so dont get your hopes up for much more than that with them tbh.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
How many adverts can you find that are around on 90k and worth more than 4k Luke? Condition is important but the fact is if the other examples were written off they would be worth even less than 3750 if that makes sense.

There's none on 90k about mate. One on 99k is going for £3995, but because it's from a dealer, they won't match it.

Anyway, regardless, I've decided for the sake of £250 or whatever I'm probably going to just accept it. Was my fault I crashed, anyway. I just want a guarentee before anything that I can by it back.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
3750 seems fair to me to be honest.

Trophy prices to me are sometimes a little 'inflated' for what they are.

£3750 buys a lot of Clio if you decided to get another!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
3750 seems fair to me to be honest.

Trophy prices to me are sometimes a little 'inflated' for what they are.

£3750 buys a lot of Clio if you decided to get another!

Thanks for that I need a laugh.

You realise the point of the insurance pay off right?

It's supposed to pay an amount that would allow him to buy the same car again, minus his excess. So if Trophy prices are a bit inflated, then so should his payout be, as his car was a trophy...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's supposed to pay an amount that would allow him to buy the same car again, minus his excess.

They're just basing it on Glasses guide + a bit extra, I'm afraid. It's fair enough really, it's their job and I can't moan at them for it; they're not 'car people' I'm dealing with.

I've got as high up as I can with Admiral now, pushing for £4000. The car is worth that all day long, but I can't prove that it is; and as the quality executive that I've just spoke to has explained, adverts don't do a great deal other than perhaps bump up the initial glasses valuation slightly. They're doing a final review now, and have said that if I won't accept the final offer, the only choice is to go to the Financial Ombudsman - something I really can't be bothered with for the sake of £250.

Thanks for your help and advice all. Expect a 'Breaking Trophy' thread in the next month or so.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They're just basing it on Glasses guide + a bit extra, I'm afraid. It's fair enough really, it's their job and I can't moan at them for it; they're not 'car people' I'm dealing with.

I've got as high up as I can with Admiral now, pushing for £4000. The car is worth that all day long, but I can't prove that it is; and as the quality executive that I've just spoke to has explained, adverts don't do a great deal other than perhaps bump up the initial glasses valuation slightly. They're doing a final review now, and have said that if I won't accept the final offer, the only choice is to go to the Financial Ombudsman - something I really can't be bothered with for the sake of £250.

Thanks for your help and advice all. Expect a 'Breaking Trophy' thread in the next month or so.

While they have slightly undervalued the car, they have massively undervalued the salvage, so overall I reckon you've done fine.

Financially speaking I'd sooner have a smacked up trophy and 3K than a mint one.

RX7 FD
Chip speaks much truth.

Easily make your money back on all the bits and bobs on the T mate. Which will hopefully make you feel a bit better about this situation!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that I need a laugh.

You realise the point of the insurance pay off right?

It's supposed to pay an amount that would allow him to buy the same car again, minus his excess. So if Trophy prices are a bit inflated, then so should his payout be, as his car was a trophy...

And unfortunately in the insurers eyes that's what they've done. They've given him examples of adverts of the same car on the same miles and based their price on that.

Obviously Luke knows that his car was in better cosmetic condition, but unfortunately that doesn't fall within their checks when searching. They can't be going round to view every car and counting stonechips to make sure it has the same amount.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Car's come back as a Cat C, so some good news at least. I'll be speaking to Admiral later on how to go about buying it back.

Settled it too. Pretty disappointed with the settled amount but as Chip says, the fact that I can buy it back at a reasonable price makes up for it.

Car's come back as a Cat C, so some good news at least. I'll be speaking to Admiral later on how to go about buying it back.

Settled it too. Pretty disappointed with the settled amount but as Chip says, the fact that I can buy it back at a reasonable price makes up for it.

I told them what category mine was, they didn't even come to look at it, I said it's a cat c total loss and I want to buy it back so don't come and collect it. They just said ok.

Anyway, you know what bits I want yeh?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Going to give them a call again in a minute Rob. I want it verbally and in writing that I can buy it back is the exact condition that I crashed it in.