ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Just some ideas on routes,i think it maybe fun to just arrange a start meeting point & route,then wing the rest.just take each day as it comes,just set a goal for each day then just drive to it & go where we feel to drive.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Just some ideas on routes,i think it maybe fun to just arrange a start meeting point & route,then wing the rest.just take each day as it comes,just set a goal for each day then just drive to it & go where we feel to drive.

Yep, we could make a simply plan Snowdonia 1st day, Brecon 2nd day etc or maybe pre book a b&b in 3 locations and make the rout up as we go.

Whatever we do it’ll be a nice little adventure ?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so im going to say The 12/13th Sept for 3 nights & work around that Date weekend.So either go up late thurs night & be ready early fri morning & head home Sunday afternoon or back on the monday in the morning after breakfast.

or

Just looked at the Welsh half term hols and we could even do it earlier the 15/16th of August

So there the dates to look at and go with majority vote on which weekend,as im sure some of you have kids etc.

So if thats cool we should start doing a list of people who want to join,then can look into Accommodation for the first meeting point & Location.

Last edited:

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Hi guys,
Just stumbled across this thread. I used to live not far from the black mountains.

I think it’s best to plan a proper route IME. I’ve done plenty of driving days out in the past, it’s best to have a planned route as you will no doubt lose people along the way, and need reference points for people to get to the next stop point.

I genuinely would simplify the route. Brecon Beacons area alone would entertain a big group for a weekend, no issues.
You could use the same hotel for 2 nights and use that as a starting point each day. There’s genuinely so many roads to go and explore.
The black mountains alone needs to be appreciated with the scenery. There’s so many stop points there for pictures, and you can do a good few runs up and down there.
We used to just stop and let 2-3 people do a few runs and then they’d park up and then another 2-3 would go etc.
Gives plenty of time for people to chat/admire the views and take plenty of pictures.

When you’ve got a big group of people on a drive. It’ll soon become chaos if your trying to cram loads of routes in and then people getting spilt up continually.

I can give some stop points and ‘must’ stop areas if need be.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate that does make sense,im not sure on how big the group will be yet as just set a date & next is to get a list going.

But yeah any helpful advice,routes,notes etc would be great!. @gez 172

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
CEC6DB24-9590-4F98-AEA0-C35F9EC7F783.png

This is 90 miles and 3 hours of driving alone, without photo stops/fuel/regroup.

That would be a good days driving IME. By the time you drive some roads, like the black mountains 4-5 times.

Then you could go back out and do another day of driving through some epic A roads within the beacons. Your only scratching the surface on the route above, although it’s an epic route to scratch.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
We are going to do a starting point of somewhere North of wales maybe around snowdonia.Have you a recommended starting point or route for that area also?.then move onto the route you just posted @gez 172

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Point A is a central point with restaurants/fuel/hotel/McDonald’s etc.
But if you’re coming from North Wales, a hotel in Brecon/north of Brecon,maybe even Builth Wells would suit you well to stop at. Then start the route above (in the pic) on the next day.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
What's the plan bud?

Ive set two dates mate,one for Aug & One for sept.So just have to decide on a date,i think at the moment Sept looks best.

"Ok so im going to say The 12/13th Sept for 3 nights & work around that Date weekend.So either go up late thurs night & be ready early fri morning & head home Sunday afternoon or back on the monday in the morning after breakfast"

Thats it so far mate,Set the date then see who is coming then book accommodation meeting point for the first day.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I know I sound like a party pooper, but I think not having a defined route planned will put people off parting with money booking hotels and making the long trip.

I don’t live in Wales full time anymore, but I’ll put my name down as attending the Brecon part, if I’m back that way.

I only stumbled across this thread and thought I’d help a little ?.

But yes, put my name down ?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
The first leg will be planned and will use your route to as part of the trip,just need a route from the first leg to join your route in the brecons.I would like to start in North Wales,maybe snowdonia then down towards the south into the brecons. @gez 172

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I see what you mean now! ?

I don’t think you can go far wrong with just punching Brecon into the sat-nav from Snowdonia and go whichever way that takes you. The main roads down from north wales are prettt epic.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Just need to sort a starting point,Maybe Cardiff or close to then into Brecons for your route,then up the coast towards snowdonia & then last day across the A5 & back into england and home.Otherwise will be coming back on myself to head home if that makes sense @gez 172

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Ok,i was thinking give it a week to see peoples views etc.

But im going to set the date for the 13th Of Sept and start off from Cardiff Area then head up towards the Beacons,then up the coast line towards Snowdonia,then Across the A5 back into england to head home.

That sound like a plan?.Then just arrange accommodation for each leg of the trip.