ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

You say that, but you look to have a sound head on your shoulders and you are doing everything properly. You'll have just about the ultimate Front wheel, if not any wheel drive Clio lol.

If it were me though I'd go for a Full respray in Kwak Green, matt black wheels and detailing ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
You say that, but you look to have a sound head on your shoulders and you are doing everything properly. You'll have just about the ultimate Front wheel, if not any wheel drive Clio lol.

If it were me though I'd go for a Full respray in Kwak Green, matt black wheels and detailing ;)

LOL, i came so close to a respray in white, but then never took the shell in, it will be re painted at some point.

can you belive that at the start all i wanted was cams, inlets and a filter, prospeed, MSV cage and cheapo buckets, that would of cost less than 3k!

lol my f**king gearbox was more than 3k :dead:

car is looking sweet! are those door cars from r-sport?

Think you might have the side mounts the wrong way round, i think the round hole is ment to be at the back because thats where most of the weight is with the slotted one at the front.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
car is looking sweet! are those door cars from r-sport?

Think you might have the side mounts the wrong way round, i think the round hole is ment to be at the back because thats where most of the weight is with the slotted one at the front.

yer i realised after i put them on, the bolts are only finger tight it was just so i could see them in the car LOL

door cards were from a local company £145 for the pair pre cut etc

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
its just neverending, as you have to buy 2 x harnesess, then had to buy , design and make the subframes, the roll cage needed to have a harness bar etc

Just think of the first drive in it. Keep that in mind and er.....you should be ok.

Oh and get an agreed insurance taken out on this car!

yer ive olny just turned 21, the insurance would of been a b**ch... but dropped on with my trade insurance i have for my company, the insurance guy has got it covered for me :cool:

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Your certainly doing alright for yourself at 21!
Obviously you have worked for your money though, not just inherited it or been handed it to you.
Good luck with finishing the project by March for the ring.
Cant wait to see it when its finished.

RB 182
£50k?!

Maaaaaan, i cry when i have to spend £50 on my Clio!

Bow down to you though, suppose its something to tell the grandkids lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
had a brain storm with the seat subframes tonite, will post pics up in the morning, the new way will save about 13kgs :D

clio 200 F4Rt
good stuff!

good job u didnt spray yours white, otherwise ours would look pretty similar when done!

As i have those seats on order (carbon shelled ones!) and that cage!

Which reminds me, is that the cage complete, or are there bits u havent attached yet?

also, i want some of those door cards!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
good stuff!

good job u didnt spray yours white, otherwise ours would look pretty similar when done!

As i have those seats on order (carbon shelled ones!) and that cage!

Which reminds me, is that the cage complete, or are there bits u havent attached yet?

also, i want some of those door cards!

i originally ordered the carbon shell ones (cobra technology), then backed out due to the cost.

there is lots of other parts to the cage, fook knows where they all go.. im not sure i will be fitting all the tubes etc, your suposed to fit it through the bulk head etc which means you have to loose the stock whasher bottle and pump,

the door cards are a nice touch, i think the cage and seats work well, we will have to meet up for some pics when urs is done! feature in PGTI? :cool:

what are you doing about the dash as the cage is sooo close to the bulkhead the stock dash wont fit :(

il sell you a carbon dash :cool:

clio 200 F4Rt
cage hasnt arrived yet, so havent had a chance to have a good look.

As far as i am aware i will be cutting the dash to fit the cage. Cant decide to get dash flocked before or after i have cut it etc.

Didnt realise about the washer bottle etc, so something else i will have to think about, pretty sure can relocate it somewhere!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
cage hasnt arrived yet, so havent had a chance to have a good look.

As far as i am aware i will be cutting the dash to fit the cage. Cant decide to get dash flocked before or after i have cut it etc.

Didnt realise about the washer bottle etc, so something else i will have to think about, pretty sure can relocate it somewhere!

Im trying to find a place for it now, i cant be bothered to fit it through the blukhead tbh, i think i'll use the extra tubes and fabricate some fold down lunch trays for the trip the ring LOL

clio 200 F4Rt
lol, sounds like a plan!!!

i will take a closer look once it all gets here.

gonna do it over the winter, ready for next year, as if all goes to plan will be competing in Time Attack 2008 (club class).

172, Tiguan
Nice one Ben, reading this thread with interest. Should go fairly well round the Ring, would be aiming for under 8mins btg - though perhaps not on your first lap! ;) If you need a pilot....

Though not sure you want to go to Nuremburg, not much has gone on there for 60 odd years ;)