ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

servicing a cup

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Reno tonbridge want £230 for my 12k service!! Yes thats TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY POUNDS!

My mates Rs audi is 250!

Is this a normal?

Will places like Ktec and BB tuning do it cheaper and stamp my book?

Really dont wanna pay that much

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Went into my dealer for some warranty work and looked at the prices of servicing. The guy said that price was for ANY clio and it was 144 for first 12k service ??

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Bit thick here but wheres Tonbridge?

Get yourself to Linningtons Portsmouth to have your Cup worked on by Mike172sport himself, and a 10% discount from the £170 (ish) service cost.

Depends how far away you are though...?

Just paid (tonight) £168 for a 12k service.

Youll probably find they have to get special lightened tools in to service the cup so are hitting you with the cost of that.

ouch man, one of debz mates at reno sighthill in edinburgh did my 24k service for 220 inc new front discs and pads and new aux belt, try another dealer

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

servicing a cup eh?

that ought to b difficult, thought they needed an engine rebuild every 2000miles, due to the sheer performance of the engine?

correct me if im rong lol

Reno london quoted £380 for my 24k service!!! na I said why is it so much more expensive than say a 1.4. He stuttered and said there are more things to check:cry:

TDI tyre shreader

£161 for me and I think that takes the piss for what is an oil change and a couple of filters

My local friendly backstreet garage are doing my 12k service for £98 all in! Including new spark plugs - (aparently reno say the std from new ones last 36k!! so they dont get changed by reno & cost about £12 each) My car is mine from brand new! I serviced my old Pug Rallye from new at a main dealer for the first 3 years all in the interests of keeping warranty valid ect... Then after 3 years used my local backstreet gage... What a load of w*nk main dealer servicing is!! My local garage told me the previous service (ie last main dealer one) - was done incorrectly & to a poor std & all the money i had paid!!. So thats why i am skipping the dealer full stop. Now before anyone says! "what about invalidating your warranty?" Its no longer the case since block exemption came into force in the last couple of years! This means as long as the garage you use user the recomended replacement parts used by the manufacturer - plugs ,oil ,filters ect... Then whatever garage you use (as long as this applys & the are British std registered) it will NOT invalidate your warranty - you could even do it yourself if you know what your doing & use the recomended parts! (this was bought in purely to STOP main dealers monopolising servicing under warranty & charging so differently around the country hence the widely different prices quoted on this thread) Hence f*ck off Reno stockport wanting £170 - & some scally thrashing my car around the block for the lunchtime butty run! I will get it done by a proper mechanic... The guy i use is very good as he builds rallycross cars & engines to compete at quite a high level....

Anyway thats my 2 peneth about servicing!!

[Edited by Seedy on 21 May 2004 at 8:47am]

[Edited by Seedy on 21 May 2004 at 8:48am]

I went to get mine done and I was told £205 at Davis of Sevenoaks. I kicked up a stink and told them when I first bought the car I was told £150 for the first service which is what I paid in the end. Youre the customer at the end of the day!

Tunbridge Wells = £260, and they advertise this as the rate for all clios, luckily my g.friends brother works for Renault so got £100 knocked off otherwise would be jumping up and down.

Plus he getss the discount on car sales so maybe new 182 at end of year (he advised against new megane)