ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon to be turboed

titanium 182
Turbo'd clio just like that!! Good read, quick build but still enjoyed going through it. It looks good and goes like f**k, good work lads!

Clio 172 Ph2
I'll probably go just to see this! ..... When the next planned RR session? what power do you think it might make? I would guess 260?

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
how's the car doing? it's been a while!
She's running good mate, We've done around 2000miles in it now. The Mtec ECU s**t itself and an injector driver burnt out holding injectors 2&3 open witch was a kick in the nuts. We re checked everything and it seems the driver was faulty. To be honnest I'm not the biggest fan of the Mtec ecu and if a decent priced Omex comes along I will be ripping it out and installing that instead. Due to our work load at the moment we haven't had a chance to take the ecu out and send it off for repair but were hopefully have it back on the road next week. I know it's easy for me to say but it's such an awesome convertion. The chassis handles the extra power much better than I ever expected. I'm really really happy with the car. It certainly punches well above its weight and we have disapointed do very pricey cars with it. :)

I've just read the whole thread... Great project!! you guys should deffo consider doing a turbo tuning pakage:D

This +1,000,000,000!!! So fast and a great read, I remember seeing this right at the start, can't believe that already its running and now done some good miles! Haha

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
So today we got the turbo clio up and running, and I decided to map in the launch control/ Anti lag.

Let's just say the noise is addictive! The videos and poop as they were on my phone, but turn your speakers up and listen to the beautiful beautiful noise! :)

1b6f79dd.mp4

29c62a78.mp4

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Anti-lag! Lovely. Takes me back to watching rally cars blasting through the Welsh forests. Up there with some of the best exhaust sounds I reckon:) Addictive....I bet!

is that a m tech v4 megasquirt ecu , m tech = sh1t rip of c00nts , ripped me of well and truly , seem to rip a lot of people of , do you sell there ecu's ??

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
is that a m tech v4 megasquirt ecu , m tech = sh1t rip of c00nts , ripped me of well and truly , seem to rip a lot of people of , do you sell there ecu's ??

Yes, sadly it is! No we don't sell there ECU's. We sell Omex! This ecu is currently the bain of the whole car and when the Omex is delivered next week there will be a ceremonial burning of the V4 in the workshop yard.

glad to hear it , i cant wait for the day that matt falls flat on his ass from ripping so many people of , great build thread look like you can do almost anything when it comes to cars , look forward to the video of the burning of the mtech ecu :clap:

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Yes. We're trying to work it out to keep the costs low. It should be a 260bhp convertion when finalised. You could run more but best to keep it there for reliability reasons.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
if its £1500 i'm in ;)

It will be more than that! The turbo, exhaust mani, Omex and head machining come to that! I'd like to see it in the £2500-£3000 bracket. I don't think that's too expensive considering the torque and bhp gains! A good ITB set up and cams will cost very close to if not more than that for no where near the perfomance.

If you release the kit and it costs between 2.5-3k I will literally walk into my bank, withdraw my savings and book it in at the next possible day! Very very interested!

Evo 5 RS
Should be good for someone else in the South to start selling packages like this, best of luck tbh. Personally though I'd love for you guys to look into a sensible box swap which is do-able. That I would jump on!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes. We're trying to work it out to keep the costs low. It should be a 260bhp convertion when finalised. You could run more but best to keep it there for reliability reasons.

Mission accomplished then eh mate? ;)

mwm-low-boost.jpg

So much more potential left in it, but like you say for reliability on a standard bottom end, its pointless to go chasing numbers when the car performs so well as it is!

Congrats on how well its all turned out. :cool:

If you can do that conversion fully fitted for around the 3K mark I should think they'll be pretty popular, its amazing how right it feels on the move, doesnt seem like its strained at all, just smooth effortless power.

Last edited:
  R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Excellent result guys! Would be one hell of a kit :D
Still wondering what de CR is though!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Excellent result guys! Would be one hell of a kit :D

I think it would be better supplied as a drive in and drive out conversion due to the fact that then it can be mapped correctly and ensure its safe, if you send it out as a kit, someone will make a mistake fitting it that they dont realise has occurred and will end up melting it over something silly that wouldnt happen if done as a drive in drive out conversion by MWM who know whats involved and what to check over etc.

Still wondering what de CR is though!
The 197 head drops it significantly as the chamber volume is so much higher (as you can see from MWM's pictures on the earlier pages), exact value will depend on if you have had the heard skimmed and which thickness gasket you are running etc as there are a couple of options.

If machining a 172 head like MWM mentioned earlier in the thread then they will be able to tailor the CR to exactly what they require for a particular amount of boost they wish to run of course.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wow really really really want forced induction now epic machine!

It certainly makes my mrs standard phase 2 feel bloody pedestrian by comparison!

Its properly addictive on boost, each conversion really should come with a spare nigerian international driving license to put the points on or something.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I know Chip, i'm just wondering to know how much boost would be able to run without knocking :D