ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealthy 182 Progress Thread...

Stealth 438'd 182
420092_10151083227169864_305252039_n.jpg

fitted new clutch today..

fit the new clutch cable in tomorrow

going to waxoyl things.. paint bits and hammerite the subframe etc whilst its all up and apart too

i think the plan is to buy a second hand box from here and have it completely recondiditoned by agency transmissions as they seem to have a stunning write up on here!

cant wait to get it all back together.. new clutch and box with these new engine mods means it should be perfect!

engine runs amazingly well now its been serviced cammed and mapped by TDF really smooth with the new dephaser as well.

I was going to say in your last post after the dyno you didnt seem to phased about the gearbox going!

Did it take you long to get the box out etc?

Stealth 438'd 182
I was going to say in your last post after the dyno you didnt seem to phased about the gearbox going!

Did it take you long to get the box out etc?

i'm not tbh I had expected it.. I had done a few track days on it and it was making a slight whine.. took it to fred before and he said the diff bearings might be going so I had already started accumulating parts and stuff and was going to get it reconditioned this month anyway.. it just chose to go pop beforehand on my drive of all places!

box wasnt too bad tbh so far so good.. bit of a long winded job trying to find tiny little brackets and double/triple checking everything..!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Gutter to hear about your gearbox but at least you've got the knowledge and balls to DIY. Fair play.

Good news on the cams. Some nice results there. :)

My belts need doing next year and it would make sense if I wanted more power to get a set of 438s in there too. What was the cost of the service + cams + fitting + mapping if you don't mind me asking? Pm me if you want.

Always good to see your updates :)

Stealth 438'd 182
Gutter to hear about your gearbox but at least you've got the knowledge and balls to DIY. Fair play.

Good news on the cams. Some nice results there. :)

My belts need doing next year and it would make sense if I wanted more power to get a set of 438s in there too. What was the cost of the service + cams + fitting + mapping if you don't mind me asking? Pm me if you want.

Always good to see your updates :)

hey mate, yeah how wrong can it go?? haha havent encountered any issues so far.. just need a new box now!

i bought the cams second hand from here from Laine_16v.. i supplied oil and filter and they quoted me wrong to start off with so they did me a fair bit of discount on what it would usually cost.. your best bet is to ring them up and have a word with them specially seeing as my price included new dephaser etc too :)

Clio Sport 172 ITB
I love your car :-D was good to meet you when you turned up. Sorry about the gearbox though man but you did say while you were there its on its way out.. Just a bit crap it didnt survive till the rebuild :-(

Will be keeping an eye out on this. :)

Stealth 438'd 182
cheers pal yeah was a tad hungover myself but good to meet you and all the guys down at TDF too !

yours just made me want ITBs :/

yeah cant believe it went on my drive still and not on the journey back!!! it was going to be redone this month anyway but its just one of those things!

took the train to work the last few days.. my god I hate public transport!!

Clio Sport 172 ITB
Juat looked at the photos on the last page. Wonder whos clio that is in matts workshop lol! We didnt get out till about 7:30 that night i dont think lmao!

Stealth 438'd 182
Few of how it stands at the moment.. Clutch fitted... Body waxoyled.. Engine all repainted..Arches all cleaned and sprayed up gloss black.. Subframe is getting a lick of paint too whilst I'm at it.. Anti rust and just so it looks smarter.. Plus I'm just doing things for the sake of it whilst I'm waiting for the box!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346460367.141577.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346460367.141577.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 162
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346460401.403269.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346460401.403269.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 143
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346460431.832439.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346460431.832439.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 152
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346460452.319884.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346460452.319884.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 143
  Clio Sport 172 ITB
well we.. my mechanic was faffing wanting everything perfect... i dont do perfect any more takes to much time! bodged the slimline fan on and eventually got the rear box on the itbs.. then we went to fit the airbox and decided against it and went for a filter instead!

got on the rollers and made 200bhp... was like wtf?? dephaser wasnt switching coz the wire had a split somewhere so matt rewired to the ecu and away we went again :p thing we got out about 7:30 in the end.. what a nightmare of a day :/

Stealth 438'd 182
well we.. my mechanic was faffing wanting everything perfect... i dont do perfect any more takes to much time! bodged the slimline fan on and eventually got the rear box on the itbs.. then we went to fit the airbox and decided against it and went for a filter instead!

got on the rollers and made 200bhp... was like wtf?? dephaser wasnt switching coz the wire had a split somewhere so matt rewired to the ecu and away we went again :p thing we got out about 7:30 in the end.. what a nightmare of a day :/

sometimes things are just destined to be a ballache! sounds like that was just one of those days!!!

what did it run in the end?

Stealth 438'd 182
How my garage looks currently lol!! :-/

Bits everywhere!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346537513.510675.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346537513.510675.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 127
  clio 172 phase 2
Good progress with the gearbox n clutch dude pretty sure mines on its way out ! Whining on overun :/ crunching in 4 th somtimes too !

Off topic i know but you know the induction kit you made ? Where did you buy the parts from ? I.e alloy pipe silicone elbow ? I can get a filter anywhere . But what sizes and stuff do
I need cus theres loads in ebay ?

Stealth 438'd 182
aahh.. yeah.. mine did that.. only a very slight intermittent whine, didnt crunch though but started to judder a little when pulling off.. think that was the square bearings might of had something to do with that! can't wait for the new recon box should be ace with that and the new clutch etc..its not too bad to do in fairness.. a bit awkward but not too bad mine would of been back together by now just waiting on parts!

heres all the details from my ebay.. just screenshotted it.. makes it easier if you or anyone else want to make your own kit :) .. this only really works with a standard size battery if you have a bigger than standard battery you may struggle..

fittting required a little bit of chopping of the pipe but its all fairly self explanatory! with the oil breather as well i had to put a tiny bit of copper pipe in the end to join the original breather pipe to the filter..

421600_10151093569549864_1029234512_n.jpg

Stealth 438'd 182
this kit when all put together is pretty much exactly the same as the Ktec kit.. sounds ace.. performs well.. just £100+ cheaper.. !!

the cone has a nice cut out at the front for a cold air feed too.. which is nice :p

Stealth 438'd 182
back on the road!!! car feels awesome with 438s really big difference I think!

box and clutch all done and everything sorted now :D

just fitted a OMP Corsica wheel too.. feels so much nicer than the mahousive OEM wheel!

will update properly tomorrow with pictures.. well earnt sleep now and good lie in ! day off tomorrow :D

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Just read this whole thread, and im actually in love, fair play dude!!

I love lairy colours, but im not overly keen on the yellow cage, cant help but think its the wrong yellow - could just be me tho :p

Keep up the good work!

Clio 172 ph2
Just read all 18 pages... stunning car buddy... makes me want to rip mine apart and crack on with it!!! Lol... Keep it up!!!

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Nice looking car i realy do like it

And exact same induction setup as me bar from colours and ive got a little pipe comeing out to breather filter

Its sounds bloody good after the 5k kick and there is a subtle grunt in lower revs

Stealth 438'd 182
Cheers guys! Yeah the 'ktec style' induction kit is awesome for how much it was too!

The black and yellow was what sold the wheel to me.. That and it makes an epic sandwich holder

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347192694.395046.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347192694.395046.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 143
  Stealth 438'd 182
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351022484.166242.jpg

massively pointless new project in progress..

I promise il have my DSLR back soon and there will be some proper photographs back on this thread !!

Last edited:
Been following this since you started the thread, love everything you have done to it!

Is there a big difference it being cammed from standard, if so how?

Stealth 438'd 182
cheers buddy :) im happy with the way it is so far wouldn't mind some nice seats + harnesses for it in the new year and get out on a few more track days

cams are ace.. feels alot more powerful its hard to gauge how much as my dephaser was knackered before.. but the cams + mapping from TDF have made it alot quicker overall so dead pleased with the result.. sounds much better now with my home brew 'ktec style' induction too.. going to have to get some videos of that up on here.. why you would spend £175 quid on one is outrageous! im stunned that people are actually buying them!

anyway.. what i would reccomend is chris powells carbon central bits..

548456_365349206889530_2082914437_n.jpg

557587_365349366889514_466258294_n.jpg

557634_365349406889510_2132346529_n.jpg

took this in the dark - will get some better shots of this.. fitted the heated rear windscreen button into the ashtray (p.s) these interior bits aren't chris' bits (yet) they're just wrapped

549076_365349473556170_1466643682_n.jpg

Stealth 438'd 182
just intake temp.. not boost or anything fun like that..

think im leaning more towards itbs for the future anyway on TDF's recommendation

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Can't wait for your induction video :eek:
I've got your picture you made with what you used saved and ready when I hear what it's like :)