ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Got the kit from Ktec mate, will be fitting it with my mate who's pretty good with the spanners. Stage 1 at the moment so hoping for 250 plus, will be mapped by ktec as part of the kit price.

Have also got some Willwood 4 pots and AP discs coming, as I know I will want more power sooner or later and I want to be able to stop lol

How is yours coming along?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, 197 is a nice little distraction from the real deal, sort it out ;) hehe!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Really good read. I love what you have done with the car!
I am currently collecting parts to do an eaton m62 build. I plan on bolting it to a completely standard engine running at about 6-7psi? I noticed that you are running the standard ecu. Im guessing you would just need a different map sensor and bigger injectors?
I dont think i will bother with an intercooler either as i will be running the blower at such a low rpm i doubt heat will be a major problem. Ill have to calculate it nearer the time.

Dont suppose you would know what kind of power and boost the standard engine would be safe at? Im guessing 250bhp would be the sort of power i should be expecting to be ok at? I should probably give rs tuning a call really. Haha

Cheers!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I am currently collecting parts to do an eaton m62 build. I plan on bolting it to a completely standard engine running at about 6-7psi? I noticed that you are running the standard ecu. Im guessing you would just need a different map sensor and bigger injectors?
I dont think i will bother with an intercooler either as i will be running the blower at such a low rpm i doubt heat will be a major problem. Ill have to calculate it nearer the time.

Dont suppose you would know what kind of power and boost the standard engine would be safe at? Im guessing 250bhp would be the sort of power i should be expecting to be ok at? I should probably give rs tuning a call really. Haha

Cheers!

I love how you just turned up, asked a load of questions, answered them yourself then said goodbye!! Lol

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Haha. Well i do kinda know a little bit, but just wanted confirmation from someone that has done it already! :D I'd love to know what it drives like on the standard ecu, but i dont think it is running yet?

Haha. Well i do kinda know a little bit, but just wanted confirmation from someone that has done it already! :D I'd love to know what it drives like on the standard ecu, but i dont think it is running yet?

Do you know of the amount of strain the eaton will put on the crank? and the amount of loss drawn from drawing the charger will be much higher than that of the rotrex.

I would love to see it done though,

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
I have no idea about if the crank will handle it. Ill just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed eh! :)
I have read a few bits and bobs about other builds and for some reason 30-40hp seems to be a figure that comes to mind. Not 100% sure though. I am importing a cobolt ss m62 from the states. I plan to have it all built and mapped for less then £1000. That's the major reason im not using a rotrex, i want to try and do it for a lot less than it costs to do a rotrex build and also i would like a challange. Anyway, i dont want to hijack this thread, so here is a link to mine.

www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?439338-MK1-F4R-track-car-project

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Got the kit from Ktec mate, will be fitting it with my mate who's pretty good with the spanners. Stage 1 at the moment so hoping for 250 plus, will be mapped by ktec as part of the kit price.

Have also got some Willwood 4 pots and AP discs coming, as I know I will want more power sooner or later and I want to be able to stop lol

How is yours coming along?

You should see 250 mine made 259.5 at 0.5bar of boost. I was also running standard brakes with ferodo pads & brembo max discs & they stopped the car really well. But your right you will want more power :p

Im just waiting for my new supercharger to turn up & I can get it back on the road.[/FONT]

Liking the 197. Still, get your priorities straight and get your proper Clio working ;)

Haha so true mate, soon as the new charger turns up itll be working again :)

[/FONT]

as above, 197 is a nice little distraction from the real deal, sort it out ;) hehe!

Haha the 197 has been a little distraction just keeping me going till the flowers back on the road lol.[/FONT]

Cheers!

Thanks mate, yeah standard ecu & it's working fine. But yeh I've got a Uprated map sensor & 630cc injectors. As for safe power on a standard engine it could be anything really, mine at stage 1 was 259.5 & that was fine. Just give Paul a ring at Rs tuning sure he will be able to answer everything you need to know.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
How much work is involved fitting a supercharger on the 172 ?

what parts are needed ?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
You will need

Supercharger (rotex c30 94)
Supercharger brackets
Megane injectors and plugs
Intercooler and pipework
Uprated MAP sensor
Airfilter
Restrictor (low boost)
Remap

There are two main kits one from KTEC which uses a standalone ECU and the kit Craig has from RSTUNING which is mapped on the standard ECU but comes with pro alloy rad and intercooler.

You can buy the KTEC kit and fit it yourself in about 6 hours, as far as I know the RSTUNING kit is fitted by RSTUNING and not available in a kit form. They also use a different bracket for the supercharger.

This would be for a low boost set up which will give you around 250 bhp and 225 ft/lb.

UPDATE

Just got back from Venice where I got engaged :D & picked up the new Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger from Paul's. Hopefully get to use the car over November before the tax runs out & it go's back in the garage for the winter & forget about is year lol.

ECFD5A95-A4CA-40B8-B640-86FA28802DFD-414-0000011227A43A95.jpg

Qashcow
Congratulations on the engagement!!

Good times on the charger, I remember the day I opened the box for mine. They never stay so clean looking lol

Thanks dude :)

Haha I kno yeah this one looks sooooo clean compared to the old one, but won't last for long lol. Just want to use the car again now it feels like its been so long :( & I need a speed buzz the 197 just doesn't cut it lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Congrats on the engagement!

Id love to charge my 182.. Maybe in time.. Have to try find a cheap kit :rasp:

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Glad to hear your good news, congratulations, got my charger on now but had a couple of problems should be go to go this week sometime.

Slipped the cam belt mate and has had to have a new head:( was due to the crack pulley being loose.

This is my project thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?574627-Another-BG-182/page8

Gutted for you mate :( but it sounds more like it not having the key way pulley fitted to why it's slipped. The amount of strain the charger puts on the belt is massive so it's a 100% must to fit the Megane pulley.

Glad to see its getting sorted though so you can see what it's capable of once mapped up.

SQ5
I tell everyone to do it and nobody seems to listen £350 for cambelt to be done again over £500+ for a head rebuild!

Quick update

I've fitted the new charger :-D

I decided to remove the engine after the seals went on the last SC due to having a small oil leak but I couldn't determin where it was coming from, either the gearbox or the crank shaft end cap, so whipped the engine out & took the gearbox off etc & that was all dry, then took the sump off & the end cap to find the engineering company I used to do some work to the block had put a tiny amount of sealant down the sides of the end cap (might as well not have put any in it was that bad) so cleaned it all up refitted it & put sealant in till it squirted out the sides, job done. Refitted the sump & gearbox & fitted the new SC.

Have been very busy lately so only been doing bits when I can but I had a day spare on Thursday so the engine went back in with the helping hand of my other half she was a massive help too.

5F7B057B-3586-4D70-B534-647DEC1818BA-222-0000004FA13599A9.jpg

31A39FAB-4F9A-41A0-B49E-D261A25C6879-222-000000422FF06FAA.jpg

Ive also ordered some 3" boost pipe so I can relocate my air filter higher up towards the gearbox, it just sits to low to the ground for my liking & don't want any puddles getting sucked up lol.

Couldn't get much done today (wed) due to the rain so painted a few bits, got a free day tomorrow when I'll put some oils & coolant in & start it up.

Few bits painted today - Statin black interior handles & dash strips done in sunflower yellow (they look a lot better in person & the colour match is spot on) but I'm undecided if I like them or they look tacky?

1C768589-CEBC-41C1-AF67-5556F63A0DEB-222-0000004241E4A036.jpg

84EB10EA-AD1B-4D9F-85D0-45C0FA23C1AE-222-000000423730CA1A.jpg

Craig

Last edited:
Also a better picture of the PAS tank I painted in the summer, done it in gloss black instead of the horrid OEM colour it was.

3A40C69B-FFD0-4A57-A619-751DF1115158-222-000000424BB90BB9.jpg

After removing the aircon I was left with the remains of the pipe work gong into the bulkhead, so I cut them off & cut a piece of perspex to fit the hole & wrapped it in carbon to tidy it up job done.

B6692EA2-6512-4CDB-B67F-35C9F6E75F17-222-000000424752F94B.jpg