ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
How have i not seen this before??! I want to get something to add more BBRRAAAAPPPP until I can afford throttle bodies and cams.

This maybe a stupid question...but.....will it work with sillicone hoses instead of the ally one? Or is there a reason to go for the ally? As I am not a fan of the polished look (remonds me of Ford RS owners who spend all day at the car show polishing their engine bay).

Megane R26
If anyone is after this setup then PM me as I'm selling my car so it's no longer required. It's done about 1000 miles so is practically brand new. £30 delivered ONO.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
How have i not seen this before??! I want to get something to add more BBRRAAAAPPPP until I can afford throttle bodies and cams.

This maybe a stupid question...but.....will it work with sillicone hoses instead of the ally one? Or is there a reason to go for the ally? As I am not a fan of the polished look (remonds me of Ford RS owners who spend all day at the car show polishing their engine bay).

No reason why it shouldn't.

Evo 8 and clio 172
I done a similar idea on my car. Got hold of a cotton green to replace the cheap air filter that was bodged to the samco hose. I used some remaining cold air feed as I had some spare and a pair of joiners. Ali pipe would be better but this should work all the same.

DSC_0613_zpsuaowm6di.jpg

Im not getting how people aren't losing power after that fastcar test suggested properly made enclosed induction kits brought the power down...

2004 182
The gap between my battery and ecu bracket is only 60mm so could fit the pipe through. Anybody know wether the battery will slide back at all? Did getting a new battery just to fit this kit.

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Is there a rubber type bung underneath the ph2 airbox? Just took my airbox out and removed CAF in readiness for my filter and bend to come, put back on and when I drove car out of garage there was a rubber bung on the floor

clio 182

Yes it works my mate has 2 elbows both silicone with a joining piece in the middle! :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I got rid of mine and bought a k&n panel filter. Bar noise i cant really tell any difference. Saying that, ive re bought the kit but this time with a slightly larger filter as i do miss the noise but felt the filter was a little small. I spoke with Ram Air (chap was really helpful). He knew this thread happened and i asked with regards a bigger filter, of which ive ordered. Hopefully be here/fitted Thursday.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I got rid of mine and bought a k&n panel filter. Bar noise i cant really tell any difference. Saying that, ive re bought the kit but this time with a slightly larger filter as i do miss the noise but felt the filter was a little small. I spoke with Ram Air (chap was really helpful). He knew this thread happened and i asked with regards a bigger filter, of which ive ordered. Hopefully be here/fitted Thursday.
Have you got a link to the bigger filter?

Let us know how you get on with the larger filter mate

I loved the sound but i just couldnt help feel i was loosing power. I am actually medically diagnosed with ocd!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
When you spoke to Ram air did you ask if they come pre oiled as Im a little suspect about the original one from this thread, mine feels dry as a bone.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
They don't come pre oiled and don't need to be. Although no harm in doing so.

That was basically ram airs reply to my question

clio 182
got mine mapped at AMD today with the filter and scorpion exhaust ,,186hp 160 ft lbs so pleased with that ,the car is better mid range too

clio 182
Well did expect more,but the mapping guy said it was good ,it's only done 47k but dose like to use a bit of oil

clio 182
Yes was hoping for 192 hp as it is a 192 exhaust.the mapping guy said it would go up a bit after a couple of cold starts.ho well its a 186 now lol

clio 182
lets not forget it was mapped at AMD too, they like to hand out large bhp figures like theres no tomorrow
I did ask that as I have been conned on that before .I was in the bay with the car and he said that was right and it was makeing that power so I have no reason to to think otherwise

clio 182
At EFI a 182 with a scorpion exhaust ran 169bhp! Another fully standard 182 ran 165bhp! Their road is know for accurate results! Mine ran 177.9! Can't see a map making another 8bhp IMO

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyway this will go off topic.

My larger filter turned up yesterday so hoping the alloy bend will turn up today so i can fit it tomo as im off. The filter does look bigger but not too big which i was slightly concerned about with regards space.

clio 182
Anyway this will go off topic.

My larger filter turned up yesterday so hoping the alloy bend will turn up today so i can fit it tomo as im off. The filter does look bigger but not too big which i was slightly concerned about with regards space.
Haha sorry! I was looking into bigger filters do you think there will be any difference? If so I might relocate my batter and go for the 200x200 pipercross one