ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Advise to match your inlets as well for maximum benefit from this tbh, one of the best mods minus this or an RSTuner tbh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Update. Having had the original ram air from this thread I decided to go back to a panel filter. I missed the noise but if I used the car daily it would drag. After speaking to ram air I decided to get the slightly bigger filter and not off set. Being bigger it is a tight fit, but does fit and will monitor any issues. Took the car for a quick blast, literally ten mins. Two things I noticed, I love my car and the noise is louder, wether it's more or less responsive because of the bigger filter who knows but the car goes well enough for me not to be concerned. I may replace the standard pipe from the throttle body to a silicone type. Anyway a couple of not very good pics but you get the idea,

835E3F36-1A3D-42DB-B509-B0A31AD9B972_zpsifvnr51t.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It is tbh but I asking as it stays there it should be fine. Tbf the ktec jobbie is tight. I think with the silicone bend there would be better/more moment as I find if move the filter the top pipe comes loose, same on the original

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Extra clio man points if anyone can tell me the correct size silicone bend I need from the throttle body to the metal pipe? The diameter of the metal pipe is 70 mm. And where to get an oil breather filter?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Will take it the long way to work tomo as normal. I do think with a silicone bend and a bit of jiggery pokery it will fit better.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Update. Having had the original ram air from this thread I decided to go back to a panel filter. I missed the noise but if I used the car daily it would drag. After speaking to ram air I decided to get the slightly bigger filter and not off set. Being bigger it is a tight fit, but does fit and will monitor any issues. Took the car for a quick blast, literally ten mins. Two things I noticed, I love my car and the noise is louder, wether it's more or less responsive because of the bigger filter who knows but the car goes well enough for me not to be concerned. I may replace the standard pipe from the throttle body to a silicone type. Anyway a couple of not very good pics but you get the idea,

376946E3-9684-455B-BA07-3368CA7552A6_zpskb3m0up1.gif

835E3F36-1A3D-42DB-B509-B0A31AD9B972_zpsifvnr51t.gif

Part No/Link for filter please? Also have you now fitted a jubilee clip to hold the filter on? :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
AMD is Essex? If so they are customer friendly rollers. I'd be inclined to take it to an independent rollers that will give you a more precise figure.
Torquedevelopments on the same industrial estate (may even be next door) have a hub dyno and are the dogs gonads

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Crank breather? Mine's just on a silicone hose with a filter on the end, you can see it in the back of the photo next to the expansion tank. Some silicone elbows have a hole for the breather anyway, but in this case mine doesn't.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've just bought a few 90 degree bends which obviously don't have the breather attached. I had a look at the ICV today and just wondered what people have done in regards to the crankcase filter. I have some samco pipe at work which sits over the ICV, just looking at how others have done it.

I think yours is the only Ph1 in this thread!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
And deadmau5 but he's sold his now.

Bumper grilles feed into the area where this filter setup goes - another reason why Ph.1 continues to be FTW.

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
I had a go with this setup and liked the noise etc and a good strong pull but I had issues going on in my head all the time and wasnt happy with all the 90 degree bends, small airfilter and the fact the alloy pipe got pretty hot where it was so i spent a bit more and went for this. I havent got any before or after figures im afraid but its no worse thats for sure. Actually a bigger but cheaper filter but more money on other things like battery (£40) and breather filter (£4).
received_10153189942564469.jpg

Made 201bhp with a remap (although car wasnt fully warm so only revved to 6790rpm) decat and stealth exhaust.
Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-29-39.png

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
mine has been fine since I fitted it with the offset filter. I have got a spare bigger filter with no offset if any1 wants to buy it.